PDA

View Full Version : tire removal on beadlocks?

stocktires
06-08-2002, 02:40 PM
Ok,
I havent ever removed my tires from my beadlocks. I just sold all four of them and some reart tires (rear tires are on the beadlocks so I dont need to take those off).
Si I unbolted both the rings in the front. So the outer beed on the wheels arent seated anymore. So Can I unseat the inside beads or do I need to take It to a tire shop? My dad keeps telling me I have to so they can put it on their "machine". I though all they use is a beadbreaker or a Tool . cant remember what its called, kinda like a crowbar (sp?). Please help me, need the tires off asap!

airheadedduner
06-09-2002, 12:04 PM
You need to use a bead breaker on the inside bead, then use a tire spoon or a very large screw driver to pry the tire off the beadlock side. Use soap or something as lube, makes things a lot easier. My dad's friend is a fabricator and makes and sells beadbreakers for 40 bucks. You need someone to stand on the other side of the tire or put it under something to hold it down. He tried to make it as compact as possible and that ended up as a trade off.

Foxrage
06-09-2002, 12:16 PM
All you need is a 3 foot long 2x4 and a car. Make sure the air can escape the beadlock is off the valve stem is out just something. then put the tire on flat ground put the 2x4 on the tire as close as you can to the wheel but not on the wheel. May have to turn the wheel and do it again but it will pop it off unless maybe you have a geo metro.

Rastus
06-09-2002, 02:41 PM
I had problems too.
I put the biggest screwdriver i had in there, and a cheater bar, and I still couldnt get the damn tire off..Not even one side...

stocktires
06-09-2002, 05:04 PM
The guy who's buying it from me said I could bring it to wal-mart, cuz they do lawn mover tires and stuff like that. I dont wana bend the aluminum, But Can I do they same things to put the tire ON the rim?

Rastus
06-10-2002, 10:26 AM
Putting tires on is almost always alot easier...

nuttynewt
06-10-2002, 12:23 PM
Putting tires on a set of beadlock rims is a cinch... I did mine sitting in my living room while watching Jerry Springer.:D :D :D

I've never had to take them off yet, though. I would think that it would be much easier than taking tires off of standard aluminum rims, since the bead retaining ring comes off...

Rastus
06-11-2002, 09:01 PM
Ill have to try that 2X4 trick with my truck...