PDA

View Full Version : i got a couple of questions

StuckInTheMud
09-01-2005, 10:38 PM
well for 1....what is the stock jetting on an r? im thinking about getting a full system ceramic coated curtis sparks, stage 2 hott cam, weisco 12 to 1 high comp. piston std. bore and a port and polish job, my ? about the port and polish is which side is supposed to be polished??? and both are supposed to be ported right?? how much can you port off>? thanks alot
shane hinkle

DirtDevilBT
09-01-2005, 11:12 PM
2 turns out fuel screw
48 pilot
middle position on needle
118 main (depending on where you bought it)\

Porting is a job for the pros unless you just plan on cleaning up the castings, that you could do yourself. The intake should be left rough and exhaust can be polished. You can't just go in there and "port off" as much as you can, sometimes adding material can make a port flow better. A professional with a flowbench can make the decision as to how much to "port off".

You plan on trying it yourself, I wouldn't go any farther than just cleaning up some of the casting from when the head was made, and possibly polishing the exhaust afterwards. Anything more in the wrong place can cause power loss.:(

StuckInTheMud
09-03-2005, 08:35 PM
thanks for the info man, and i do not plan on doing this....my autoservice teacher is going to do it for me, hes been at porting and polishing for a while so he knows what to do, just making sure though