PDA

View Full Version : 426 conversion

ignormity
09-01-2005, 08:42 PM
i have a stock 400ex and i have a lil money saved up, but not enough to buy an entire quad. i wanna build my ex up. i saw someplaces about a yzf426 conversion. I would like that done to my ex. Could someone give me info.. i just cant seem to find it, i just saw it on ebay and stuff. Thanks
-joe

gopeddin400EX
09-01-2005, 09:54 PM
wait wait wait. You want to do a Honda Yamaha hybrid? :confused:

ss440ex
09-01-2005, 11:04 PM
P.M. me your e-mail address
I have a few pics.:)

ignormity
09-02-2005, 06:59 AM
yea thats what im looking for.. a honda/yamaha hybrid i guess...i found a websit that offers the yzf426 conversion or the crf 450 conversion..... they are the same cost but the motor they offer are different prices... so which of the 2 would be better? and would this machine be better then the 440? ( i know that setting both machines up with the right mods is a factor on who would win) im just saying hyypothetically.

Chino886
09-02-2005, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by ignormity
yea thats what im looking for.. a honda/yamaha hybrid i guess...i found a websit that offers the yzf426 conversion or the crf 450 conversion..... they are the same cost but the motor they offer are different prices... so which of the 2 would be better? and would this machine be better then the 440? ( i know that setting both machines up with the right mods is a factor on who would win) im just saying hyypothetically.

I say go with the crf 450 conversion. RIDE RED! That is what I would do.

jak1389
09-02-2005, 08:17 AM
i would do the crf450 mod if you can afford it, and have the skills to mod the frame and swing arm and such, or have the money to pay people to do it for you. the crf is a much tougher hybrid to build than the yz426.

ignormity
09-02-2005, 08:54 AM
i really dont want to make this a HUGE ordeal i just want a snottery quad with a liquid cooled motor that can keep up with the big boys. i know the 440 ex mod isnt REALLY that expensive but it could be, but every one has that. I'm all about uniqueness. not many people have a 450 or 426 motor in their ex frame. ya know? i would love to ride red, but im NOT made of money but i do have a lil change in my pocket. thanks
-joe

Chino886
09-02-2005, 09:02 AM
i really dont want to make this a HUGE ordeal i just want a snottery quad with a liquid cooled motor that can keep up with the big boys. i know the 440 ex mod isnt REALLY that expensive but it could be, but every one has that. I'm all about uniqueness. not many people have a 450 or 426 motor in their ex frame. ya know? i would love to ride red, but im NOT made of money but i do have a lil change in my pocket. thanks
-joe

hey Joe,

contact redrider311, he is doing the yz426 hybrid right now.

d

ignormity
09-02-2005, 09:09 AM
also in addition would be the carb and exhaust that i would need to aquire for this new motor that i am in search of. What kind would i get? and exhaust, same question? intensions is XC race and MX race. also recreational usage, so pistons that can run on high octance pump fuel maybe with octane boost or sumthing. all replies are highly appreciated. thank you
-joe

Chino886
09-02-2005, 09:11 AM
also in addition would be the carb and exhaust that i would need to aquire for this new motor that i am in search of. What kind would i get? and exhaust, same question? intensions is XC race and MX race. also recreational usage, so pistons that can run on high octance pump fuel maybe with octane boost or sumthing. all replies are highly appreciated. thank you
-joe

Hey Joe,

Contact redrider311, he got all of what you are looking for as a kit, I don't remember where he said he got it from.

Dave