PDA

View Full Version : Best V-paddles?

06-08-2002, 11:40 AM
I ride around with the family, hill climb and drag occasionally.
The 400 has the usual mods. Looking at Skat Trak Edge, Sand Skate II, and Gecko's. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

FullBore52
06-08-2002, 11:47 AM
I would think the Skat-Trak Edges would work the best simply because they are vulcanized and not molded. The molded tires arent a whole lot better than stock 400ex tires IMO

WyoDuner
06-08-2002, 05:37 PM
Have you considered straight paddles? I neve understood why people like V paddles but everyone's different.

Any straight paddle will hook better than any V paddles. If you are concerned about being able to turn with straight paddles but some ribbed front sand tires to make up for it.

Just my $.02

QuadJunkies
06-09-2002, 11:10 AM
its really all on preference..I prefer the straight edge tire.I run Kenda "the trakker" on our 400ex(Vpaddle)but i run "turbo paddles"on my 300ex(straight).It wiil give me more for climbing and hook up better than the V paddle will for our 300ex.Both are a fun tire.as far as molded tires or volcanized goes...i totally dissagree..we have seen numorous paddles that looked really tore up,and most were the skat trak edge..they broke down quickly.but in all fairness..they may have been running them inproperly too.Try to find a paddle that has some re-inforcement in the center.this will give a lot longer wear on your tire.I have a picture posted of my paddle on this topic ..".Wanted you all to know about a great paddle"..there are alot of really great tires out there, and im sure you will find one for your needs...Good luck!!:)

twisted threads
06-09-2002, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by WyoDuner
Have you considered straight paddles? I neve understood why people like V paddles but everyone's different.

Any straight paddle will hook better than any V paddles. If you are concerned about being able to turn with straight paddles but some ribbed front sand tires to make up for it.

Just my $.02

I agree with WyoDuner 100%.:cool:

06-09-2002, 03:09 PM
OK!
I plan on putting to put a sand tire up front. What is the best all around sand tire/wheel package out there for a 400? Any and all opinions are appreciated. :D

twisted threads
06-09-2002, 07:29 PM
I run Skat-Trak Haulers on the rears and GBC dune trackers for fronts on both of my bikes. The set up works great and has great control and traction.

airheadedduner
06-09-2002, 10:21 PM
I run skat trak all the way around. I like them more then the skates or gbc fronts. I think the mohawks let you full wheel slid more and are an easier tire to control. I have ridden bikes with gbc's and they tended to grab ruts more then mohawks. Skates are a better climbing v blade but for all out traction Taller Haulers are the way to go, they are lighter too.

WyoDuner
06-10-2002, 12:35 PM
Ok if you are on a budget get:

Rear: GBC Sand Devils or Cheng Shin Dune Hoppers on Douglas .160 rims. 8" rims are cheaper than 10" rims. $140 to $150

Front: GBC Dune Trackers on Douglas .160 for $125 Total $265 to $275

Got more to spend.....

8 padlde haulers for the rear and mohawks for the front. These are both very light tires and Haulers are the king of hook-up. Total $350 to $375.

DO NOT GET TALLER HAULLERS - they are WAY too much paddle for anything but V-8 powerd quads.

FullBore52
06-10-2002, 04:30 PM
well you dont have to worry about getting the Taller's...they dont produce them anymore I dont think...not in any catalogs. They were replaced with a reinforced design of the regular hauler...

06-10-2002, 07:19 PM
Thank you very much guys! I really appreciate it. Any more opinions? :D