PDA

View Full Version : warrior shifting problems

MossboysRacing
09-01-2005, 06:15 PM
have a 96 and am having shifting problems... when i pull in the clutch to shift the shifting is not smooth it is VERY stiff. upshifting and downshifting. finding neutral is almost non existant. i was thinking maybe a bent shift fork or something. i know that shifter linkage is junk. was wondering if anybody else had similar problems. thanks in advance

DirtDevilBT
09-01-2005, 11:29 PM
Break it down for us a little:

How many hours do you have on it?
When was the last time you adjusted the clutch?
Is it an aftermarket clutch?
Is it a stock clutch and how many hours are on it?
Are there engine modifications?
How often do you change your oil?

Ummmmm...

MossboysRacing
09-02-2005, 10:25 PM
i change the oil every few rides with castrol actevo... the cluth is a barnett dirtdigger... bored .60 over, FST port and polish, bottom to mid FST cam, 11.1 weisco piston, heavy duty valve springs, 36mm mikuni, pro flow adapter to a k&n filter. when i change the oil there is no metal in the bottom or in the filter. bike has a alot of hours on it... i raced it pretty hard in the missouri harescrambles for almost 3 seasons... its been a while since i have adjusted the clutch so i will try that first... its been slightly neglected since ive been racing my 450r.

ZeroLogic
09-03-2005, 06:27 AM
my dad is having the same problem with hs atc200

DirtDevilBT
09-03-2005, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
my dad is having the same problem with hs atc200

Yeah, but the ATC200 and warrior have different shifting. The ATC is an auto clutch manual trans and the warrior is full manual with clutch. I had a 200 big red that was auto-clutch, so I'm guessing everything but the 250r and 350 had auto-clutches. Just a guess tho.