PDA

View Full Version : Tell Me this Aint Some Chit!

Killa250ex
09-01-2005, 09:35 AM
Ok, So, For the Last few days my truck has been acting up when i go to start it. I Took it to the Dealer and they said my Idoler Speed Control had broke, and Heres theres Explaination...My K&N! They Said, "That Particular High Flow Filter cause the Idoler Speed control to malfunction. We Replaced the Control and your air filter" This sounds like the biggest BS reason in the world! We all know K&N is a GREAT company and they make a great product, and I dont see how they could blame it all on my filter. I called K&N about it to see if I could at least get my money refunded, they said, "I dont really believe you, We'll need: The broken part, your old air filter, and a statement from the dealer stateing that the Filter directly caused the problem to even have us CONSIDER giving you your money back, and i cant even guarentee you'll recieve your money" That filter costed my $50 and im not just gonna let it sit here, Its either goin back in my truck or i want my money back.

What do you guys think?

Mxjunkie
09-01-2005, 09:56 AM
I think your dealer is full of chit, put it back on :ermm:

Killa250ex
09-01-2005, 10:17 AM
Wow, Im glad my dad's pickin up this bill, Its costin Him $640 for this stupid situation!

tater_kamik
09-01-2005, 10:22 AM
im gonna raise the bs flag on the dealership...

dpizz450
09-01-2005, 10:40 AM
so did it fix the problem when he put the old filter back on? how is it costin 640 bucks if it was just a change of filter? im callin complete BS!

Atkins
09-01-2005, 11:06 AM
The #1 thing you should do if you're having problems with your truck, is to put the stock engine parts back on if you can(like filters and exhausts) before you take it back to the dealer. Ive heard some stories of dealers blaming part malfunctions on aftermarket parts that are unrelated to the problem.

honda350r
09-01-2005, 12:32 PM
K&Ns do suck more air and dirt into any engine .. I don't run them on any of my stuff.. !

stocktires
09-01-2005, 01:05 PM
Honda350r is right, but I doubt it would ever mess with anything of that sort as long as you keep it clean. I'm not 100% sure what an "ideler speed control" is, or how it works.

Killa250ex
09-01-2005, 02:21 PM
Ok, I just got home, And they said the problem with the air filter is that the K&N's are "Oil Imprenated" and it can cause "Concerns" with the MAF sensor and the ISC (Idoler speed control) acuator!

stocktires
09-01-2005, 02:27 PM
Maybe it got oil on it? It's easy to over oil a K&N. Most probably just BS though.

Splatter Matter
09-01-2005, 02:46 PM
i have a f350 diesel and the dealer said a k&n would void my warranty because the oil on the filter sticks to the censers and it give the computer a false reading

MOFO
09-01-2005, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by ShiftFMX
Ok, I just got home, And they said the problem with the air filter is that the K&N's are "Oil Imprenated" and it can cause "Concerns" with the MAF sensor and the ISC (Idoler speed control) acuator!

They are correct. I had a MAF sensor go bad years and years ago on my Firebird... the cause was too much oil on my K&N.

Killa250ex
09-01-2005, 03:41 PM
Heres my Next question guys, Is there any other, Non "Oil-Impregnated" high flow filters that i can use?????

I keep seeing commercials for FRAM filters, i wonder if theyre any good :confused:

DEAL
09-01-2005, 03:52 PM
Ask yourself this.
Is it REALLY worth it to put a k&n on your truck .. do you actually notice any difference?
unless your running an intake or somekind the only thing you will gain from this on an otherwise stock truck is nothing..
Just put a stock filter back in .. its all hype to me.

muddy400EX
09-01-2005, 04:10 PM
i dont like k&n. i used to have one on my 400 and even months after i had oiled it and not even put much on it, it sucked oil out of it into my intake boot. you should try a foam filter, im pretty sure UNI makes truck filters

JR3
09-01-2005, 05:56 PM
I will never run anything but k and n in any of my vehicles. But what teh dealer said seem s to be a logical explanation.

09-01-2005, 06:30 PM
i just run a cheap air filter from wal mart...k&N in a stock truck is a waste of money

balls2da-wall
09-02-2005, 12:32 AM
Run stock...most any aftermarket filters are oil impregnated and it will foul up your sensors...its not worth having to replace sensors all the time for 5horses

Killa250ex
09-02-2005, 09:54 AM
I Just called K&N and the said it was BS, There going to investigate it, they say the filter CANNOT cause this malfunction. He said he gonna help me get my money back, We'll see what happens!