PDA

View Full Version : 400EX help

blazerone22
09-01-2005, 07:36 AM
I just picked up a 400EX, whats the precedure for changing the oil. And is there a online manual anywhere for it? thanks

Chino886
09-01-2005, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by blazerone22
I just picked up a 400EX, whats the precedure for changing the oil. And is there a online manual anywhere for it? thanks

On the bottom of the oil tank there is a drain bolt, on the leftside crankcase there is a drain bolt, behind the shifter. the oil filter is on the right side on the crankcase itself. drain all the oil and then change the filter. make sure you warm up the oil first.

blazerone22
09-01-2005, 07:58 AM
Right on!!! thanks

09-01-2005, 08:05 AM
to change the oil, start the quad and let it idle for about 10 min. then there is a screw on the bottom of the oil tank, unscrew that and then unscrew the dipstick. let all the oil drn out then put the screw from the bottom of the oil tank back in. after this you need to drain the engine, look for a screw on the left side of the engine, under the front sprocket. losen this screw and oil will drain out. after all the oil is out put the screw back in. if you are going to change the oil filter, it is on the wright side of the engine, just unscrew the 2 bolts holding it in, pop it out and replace it with a new one. after this you can put the new oil in the oil tank. it takes about 1.98 quarts i think...
my advice is to pick up a climers manual, they are very detaled with anypart of your quad and will show you how to do all the rutean matanance.