PDA

View Full Version : Donate to the Red Cross

stevez400
09-01-2005, 06:15 AM
I'm posting a link for people to donate to the American Red Cross to help out with the devastation caused by Hurricane Katrina. http://www.redcross.org/ Just click donate now.

stevez400
09-02-2005, 01:17 PM
WTF??? ANYONE!!!!

infantry317
09-02-2005, 01:19 PM
http://www.networkforgood.org/topics/animal_environ/hurricanes/?source=CNN&cmpgn=CRS

jwick07
09-02-2005, 04:47 PM
I did

BUmp

jwick07
09-02-2005, 04:49 PM
bump

Jake250ex
09-02-2005, 05:17 PM
not to put a damper on this thread, but I just read in another thread that red cross takes 85% of your donation...

stevez400
09-07-2005, 11:29 AM
Is there proof??? Are you sure its not a rumor that some jackass made up just so people wouldn't criticize him for not donating. I've hear the same exact thing about allot of good organization.

nowukno
09-07-2005, 11:39 AM
I donated $50 at my work yesterday. :)

Quad18star
09-07-2005, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Jake250ex
not to put a damper on this thread, but I just read in another thread that red cross takes 85% of your donation...

The Red Cross usually takes about 2% of donations to pay administration costs , the rest goes toward the aid of victims .

09-07-2005, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by red2004 TRX450R
IM gong to catch heck for this but!
They were told to get the hell out of there, they did not ask them to leave they told them U HAVE TO LEAVE NOW!!!!!!!

if they stayed then why should I give my money to the bums that did not lesson to the MAN!!!! I don’t give hand outs to stupid people that cant follow directions!

I would donate to a fund to help rebild the place and or to help clean up, so that the people can get back to there homes!

Sorry if I offended any one! And I Hope ever one does make it out OK!
:( easy to say but harder to do! there are alot of poor people where the levees broke fro mwhat I understand and they were unable to afford to leave. They had nowhere to go

zephead400ex
09-07-2005, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by red2004 TRX450R
IM gong to catch heck for this but!
They were told to get the hell out of there, they did not ask them to leave they told them U HAVE TO LEAVE NOW!!!!!!!

if they stayed then why should I give my money to the bums that did not lesson to the MAN!!!! I don’t give hand outs to stupid people that cant follow directions!

I would donate to a fund to help rebild the place and or to help clean up, so that the people can get back to there homes!

Sorry if I offended any one! And I Hope ever one does make it out OK!
:(

Granted, they were told to leave. However, the vast majority of the people who did not flee, were actually unable to flee due to no transportation out of the city or not having sufficient funds to leave. New Orleans is made up largely of people who live below the poverty line. This would make it hard (maybe not impossible) for people to flee.

Quad18star
09-07-2005, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by zephead400ex
Granted, they were told to leave. However, the vast majority of the people who did not flee, were actually unable to flee due to no transportation out of the city or not having sufficient funds to leave. New Orleans is made up largely of people who live below the poverty line. This would make it hard (maybe not impossible) for people to flee.

You got that right . The mayor of the city is very quick to blame other figures in this disaster , but he is one of the main reasons so many people became victims of this disaster . Like you said , many did not have a way to get out of the city . I'm sure many would have left , had they have had a way to get out . This seemed like one big screw up right from the time they knew this thing was going to level the city . I don't think it would have been too hard to get school buses to help evacuate the area .

Woodsrider
09-07-2005, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Jake250ex

The red cross is a nonprofit organization(501 C-3) therefore I highly doubt the keep 85% of every dollar donated. But If you are really so naive as to beleive this, there financial records are available for your review, all you gotta do is write and ask them;)

Woodsrider
09-07-2005, 04:11 PM
Something like five percent of this countries people live below the poverty level. Of that, 26% of those that fall below the poverty level live in the areas affected by this storm. So many of those who stayed behind, did so because they could not afford to leave.
Some were too sick to leave. And a small percentage, (the ones the liberal media love to show us) stayed just because the knew they would be able to pillage. What happend in NO is a travesty. There are too many people pointing blame aready, and NOBODY is willing to step up and say "we ****ed up" :grr:

My bigest question through the whole thing has been; why are they shipping all these people out of state? As far away as Washington! There are vacant military bases, mothballed government facilities, getting no use in every state. Why not put these "refugees" up in these facilites, and get them back to work right there, close to the areas hardest hit? Why are they moving them from stadium to stadium, and on to cruise ships, when the government has mothballed military bases that are perfect for this type of disaster. Literally, self contained communities fit for thousands.

MOFO
09-07-2005, 05:33 PM
free bump - fixed the title of this thread. :p

stevez400
09-13-2005, 10:31 AM
What was wrong with the title??

Woodsrider
09-13-2005, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by stevez400
What was wrong with the title??

I think donate was spelled "dotnae" or some thing like that;)