PDA

View Full Version : PC renewal

Eddiesanders250
08-31-2005, 09:29 PM
I bought a platic renewal kit for my black plastics. It worked awesome and looked good right after I did it but, as soon as i went riding the chemical scratched off and almost made it look worse. has anybody else had this problem?

Tom TRX250R
08-31-2005, 11:31 PM
Personally I don't think that Plastic Renew works worth a shiiit. It looks great at first but then it goes down hill from there. I had a buddy with OEM 250R plastic that cleaned it up with this crap but soon after it looked like crap again. After realizing that I sold my POS OEM plastic and bought new OEM plastic. To me it isn't worth screwing with over just buying new plastic when it only looks good for about two weeks!:eek2:

Iliketogofast
09-01-2005, 06:43 AM
Yep, garbage.

zedicus00
09-01-2005, 07:02 AM
depending on how bad plastic is there is a way to fix it by sanding and repolishing it. i once fixed plastic that was soooo bad i had to sand half the thickness out of it polish it out then clear coat it.

plastic renew is basically a high dollar bottle of mop and glow, if u use it on plastic thinking its gunna shine forever yur nuts.

if sumone really wants it i might do a right up on the real way to make plastic shiny, and or paint plastics. basically the same steps.

bwamos
09-01-2005, 09:49 AM
Aye, I tried using it once.. I ended up throwing the plastic out after a while.

A lot of people jsut use TireFoam, WD-40, etc.. to cover up the minor scratches on the plastics and to keep them shiny for show. ;)

wilkin250r
09-01-2005, 10:20 AM
I just ride, screw the scratches.

I always though Rico said it best way back when "You have an ATV, which is for offroad use. Sell it and buy a sewing machine if you're afraid to get it dirty."

I don't like my plastics broken, and I generally don't leave my quad sitting with mud on it. But I'm not about to baby it, afraid to get it dirty, or try to keep it nice and pretty and shiny and looking like new. I enjoy riding it much more than I enjoy looking at it.

JTRtrx250r
09-01-2005, 10:51 AM
pc renew is a joke, you can sand and buff plastics w/ steel wool and any metal polish and get a better , much longer sheen, tip is to go "w/ the grain". Ive done wonders w/ it (helps if its actually stock plastics)

Eddiesanders250
09-01-2005, 12:12 PM
and the fact that i have black plastics probably doesnt help hide the scratches.