PDA

View Full Version : Going to Mississppi to help Disaster Area

Potimus
08-31-2005, 08:40 PM
Im in quite a dilema. I have the oppurtunity to go down with a handful of guys to the disaster area. I will be in a skidsteer all day getting paid $500 a day. Theres atleast a years worth of work to be done. Not to mention all the people I would be helping.

But Im from Cleveland, OH and Id have to just drop everything and go. Im a single 21 yr old guy making $32 an hour as it is. I cant make a decision on what to do.

Mxjunkie
08-31-2005, 08:42 PM
go down and help people man! you'll feel great in life knowing you really helped people, 500 dollars a day is damn good too I might add!

When you have kids you can say I did this and they would be really proud of you.

Nick110
08-31-2005, 08:43 PM
i say go for it. :D

08-31-2005, 08:44 PM
My buddy is actually here for a few nights cuz his dads in GA doing that

Im sure ur boss let u take a break n go down there for awhile

Potimus
08-31-2005, 08:50 PM
My boss is my Father. But i'll be down there for a while.

08-31-2005, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Potimus
My boss is my Father. But i'll be down there for a while. id say deffinatley go for it

Teufel
08-31-2005, 08:54 PM
Go for it Bro, I am sure it will be a life changing experience....

MOFO
08-31-2005, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by aLLoY MX 428
id say deffinatley go for it

same here. I've honestly considered doing it myself, but if I left for a few months, my personal life would need gov't aid! :eek2:

Pappy
08-31-2005, 08:56 PM
it will be a good expiernce for you and you will be a better man for it. i know who this is, and it would make me proud to see you do this.

Potimus
08-31-2005, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
same here. I've honestly considered doing it myself, but if I left for a few months, my personal life would need gov't aid! :eek2:

Well i just have my truck payment. I booted my girlfriend after 6 yrs. I can sell my mustang and quad in a heart beat. I really dont have anything to lose.

MOFO
08-31-2005, 09:02 PM
Well i just have my truck payment. I booted my girlfriend after 6 yrs. I can sell my mustang and quad in a heart beat. I really dont have anything to lose.

Well if I were in your shoes, it would be easier to go. I agree with everyone else though, you'll be a better man doing it - plus make a few bucks doing it.

What does your father think of this idea? Being a parent and the boss... not that you should do what he says, but a fathers advice can be the best advice - always consider it.

Potimus
08-31-2005, 09:10 PM
Well if I were in your shoes, it would be easier to go. I agree with everyone else though, you'll be a better man doing it - plus make a few bucks doing it.

What does your father think of this idea? Being a parent and the boss... not that you should do what he says, but a fathers advice can be the best advice - always consider it.

Everytime Im in a dilema I go to him and he has never steered me wrong. I value his opinion more then anyone else's. He told me to find out as much info as I can and I if I think its still a good idea, then I should go for it.

MOFO
08-31-2005, 09:13 PM
Everytime Im in a dilema I go to him and he has never steered me wrong. I value his opinion more then anyone else's. He told me to find out as much info as I can and I if I think its still a good idea, then I should go for it.

sounds like your on the right track....

Potimus
08-31-2005, 09:17 PM
sounds like your on the right track....

By the way, Its gonna look like a hurricane came through Pittsburg when the Brownies get done with 'em. :devil:

MOFO
08-31-2005, 09:18 PM
By the way, Its gonna look like a hurricane came through Pittsburg when the Brownies get done with 'em. :devil:

:mad:

ahhh, I was talking with a Browns fan the other week at a wedding. I give you guys credit for being fans...its gotta be tough! :blah:

Potimus
08-31-2005, 09:21 PM
Yea, we'll probably get railroaded. Well I guess Im gonna start getting my **** together.

Tommy 17
08-31-2005, 09:26 PM

sure curt what ever u say:o ;) :p

Potimus
08-31-2005, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
sure curt what ever u say:o ;) :p

Word

HtFoxChick
09-01-2005, 09:40 AM
Go for it....the people there need you. I saw a 87 year old lady on TV crying because of people helping her, by getting her a bed to sleep in. No better reward for service than that.

zephead400ex
09-01-2005, 09:44 AM
Yea, we'll probably get railroaded. Well I guess Im gonna start getting my **** together.

Do you need any help? Seriously, I want to help out those people more than anything, plus I need to make some money. If you guys need any more help, let me know!!!!

WKY400EX
09-01-2005, 12:35 PM
Im in quite a dilema. I have the oppurtunity to go down with a handful of guys to the disaster area. I will be in a skidsteer all day getting paid $500 a day. Theres atleast a years worth of work to be done. Not to mention all the people I would be helping.

But Im from Cleveland, OH and Id have to just drop everything and go. Im a single 21 yr old guy making $32 an hour as it is. I cant make a decision on what to do. $500 a day is about double what you're getting paid right now ($32/hr, what do you do?). Plus, you're helping people that are in great need. It's like getting paid twice. I would go for it!

BLAZE1
09-01-2005, 12:46 PM
Is this something available to anyone or do you know someone that is offering you the job?

Sounds really cool.

Keep us informed.

Cdaleracer
09-01-2005, 12:57 PM
I would definitly go. You will be such a better person, knowing you have helped all these people. If I had the way(I'm a mother of a 4 year old) I would go help. I would't think twice about it if I were you.

Be safe though if you do decide to go. And keep us posted.

stocktires
09-01-2005, 03:27 PM
Whatever your doing for that kind of money, I want in!
I want to help badly, being it's New Orleans, but I just started college a week ago.

bens250ex
09-01-2005, 04:30 PM
go for it man i live in mississippi the northern part though its going crazy here....be prepared for some crazy **** man....i think its awsome if u decide to go and help all the people who need help...

SRH
09-01-2005, 04:53 PM
My boss is my Father. But i'll be down there for a while.

holy green, go for it, meet some strange cooter...and all kinds of fun stuff, think of all the stuff u can afford when u come back

hardkoratvmxr
09-01-2005, 07:09 PM
go there explain it to your father and do it helping people is worth it and 500 bones a day is just a bonus

knighttime
09-01-2005, 07:30 PM

But Im from Cleveland, OH and Id have to just drop everything and go. Im a single 21 yr old guy making $32 an hour as it is. I cant make a decision on what to do.

no way i go there, i'm stayin in cleveland at 32 an hour.

New Orleans right now is one on the most dangerous cities on the planet. People were shooting at military helicopters picking people up from the louisiana dome.

I doubt they ever rebuild new orleans, its about 12 foot below sea level. :confused:

Why the f$%^ would anyone rebuild a city that is below sea level???, especially when another 'cane could come in this year on any other year????:confused: :confused:

am i missing something????

and i feel terrible about all the victims, but i heard on tv today that they want to stay in texas and not go back (they were moved from the superdome to the astrodome), so dont build them more houses in a city thats 12 foot below sea level.

:huh :mad: :ermm:

400exrules
09-01-2005, 07:37 PM
i would be their in a heartbeat for $500 a day

what do u do to make $32/hr being 21?

fasterblaster09
09-01-2005, 07:59 PM
I would df. go if I were you.Talk about people helping,one of my moms workers,5 of her cousin all went their with boats intending to help,they were turned around,and they sent them all back home.Seems like they would take al lthe help they could get.

Doober
09-01-2005, 08:06 PM
id say go...itll feel great to know that your helping...the money is just another plus

Potimus
09-02-2005, 03:52 AM
Im going.........

crayfz
09-02-2005, 04:16 AM
Good luck.