PDA

View Full Version : don't ask to ride

superquadguy
08-31-2005, 08:09 PM
seems like every weekend at the mx track someones bike brakes down. them they always ask to ride someone esle bike. its your buddy so you don't want to be rude. well this is for the guys who can't say no. RIDE YOUR OWN BIKE. if it brakes down then fix it or don't ride. race bikes have a short life, so stop tearing up you friends bike. he is the one that never works on his bike at the track. if something is wrong fix it before you get to the track. i'm putting this on a over pages too. so the people that need to hear it will thank you.

Cdaleracer
08-31-2005, 08:24 PM
So you wouldn't help out a friend that needs to race to get points? That type of thing happens all the time at our local track. People offer their quads to fellow racers whose quads broke down. They know the importance of points. I've asked to race others quads and people have asked me. (once, not many guys want to race a quad with pink a-arms) I've never turned someone down and vise versa.

400exrules
08-31-2005, 08:27 PM
i really hate letting people ride my 400, but its hard to say no, so i just tell them "you break you buy"

EvilJester400EX
08-31-2005, 08:29 PM
What's it to you? Maybe the people that "can't say no" actually don't care if their friends right their bikes.

MOFO
08-31-2005, 08:31 PM
I agree.... if somone would ask to ride/race my quad and I did not want them to...I have no problem saying no - its just as easy for me to say yes - go ahead.

superquadguy
08-31-2005, 08:34 PM
i am not going to say no ether. most times it is when people don't take care of their quad, like not changing out a bad ball-joint. then it lets go at the track. or a jetting problem that they know they have but do fix it at home.

i run a twist throttle so no one ask me. but my buddies quad gets major track time.

08-31-2005, 08:58 PM
I let a person ride my quad once that has a 450r n he revved the chit out of my quad n didnt use the clutch then hit a ditch n snapped an a-arm

I only let a few of my close friends ride my quad that know what they are doing

HondaRacer300ex
08-31-2005, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Honda MaNiAc 01
I let a person ride my quad once that has a 450r n he revved the chit out of my quad n didnt use the clutch then hit a ditch n snapped an a-arm

I only let a few of my close friends ride my quad that know what they are doing

THAT SUCKS! I bet you were pissed at him!