PDA

View Full Version : don't ask to ride

superquadguy
08-31-2005, 08:05 PM
seems like every weekend at the mx track someones bike brakes down. them they always ask to ride someone esle bike. its your buddy so you don't want to be rude. well this is for the guys who can't say no. RIDE YOUR OWN BIKE. if it brakes down then fix it or don't ride. race bikes have a short life, so stop tearing up you friends bike. he is the one that never works on his bike at the track. if something is wrong fix it before you get to the track. i'm putting this on a over pages too. so the people that need to hear it will thank you.

450robot
08-31-2005, 09:52 PM
um... yah? waste of thread you say? indeed kind sir!

08-31-2005, 10:26 PM
when my bike brakes i respect other people and dont use their bikes

Cdaleracer
09-01-2005, 07:15 AM
This type of thing happens a lot at our local track. It's not a big thing if your quad breaks and some one offers their quad for that person to race. They know the importance of making the race for points. I've offered my quad and have asked to race others. Heck, jsut 2 weeks ago I raced 3 different quads. (I needed the points and was trying out different brands)

I was even offered by a complete stranger to race his quad at the LL's national. I didn't, but the offer was still there.

I don't see the big deal of asking another person to race the quad. We do go by the saying "if you break it, you buy it" too.