PDA

View Full Version : The rest of the world

300extreme#8
08-31-2005, 06:49 PM
i'm sure everyone members the tsunamia(spelling) that happened awhile back,well all i remember is seein it all over tv and that the U.S. was doin everything they could to help and all this other stuff, and then the London attach thing, and they had U.S. support, Well heck, a part of our country was just pretty much wiped off the map,we r having the same problems, it's just as bad as the tsunamia, if not worse b/c the wide spread of it,, but wait...... do u hear bout teh rest of teh world tring to help or support us, NOOOOOO!!! maybe so, but i havent heard,seeen, or thought of how the rest of teh world has tried to help, but they want our help, and see what the U.S. gets back, very pittyful, i say the U.S. should stop feeling sorry for teh rest of the world, just lettin off some steam, it pissed me off thinkin bout it and wanted to see what anyone else thought bout it

MOFO
08-31-2005, 06:57 PM
You should use this example to be proud that you live in the greatest country in the world. We can take care of ourselves, something the rest of the world cannot claim.

08-31-2005, 06:57 PM
thats because the US isnt as poor as the asian countries and there was over 250,000 people that died. I know the hurricane was bad but seriously i think the tsunamis were alot worse.:ermm:

LsMxRaCeR
08-31-2005, 06:58 PM
I agree 100%:mad:

300exPat
08-31-2005, 07:00 PM
Dude first of all a tsunami is much much worse than a flipping tornado, second of all most other countries don't have the money or resources to help us like we helped the poorer countries. How many countries can you count that have as much more resources as we did to the countries we helped during the tsunami? :rolleyes:

Guy400
08-31-2005, 07:01 PM
Honestly, I don't want help from the rest of the world. I don't want anyone thinking we owe them anything. It just proves we're the best on the planet.

MOFO
08-31-2005, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by 300exPat
Dude first of all a tsunami is much much worse than a flipping tornado, second of all most other countries don't have the money or resources to help us like we helped the poorer countries. How many countries can you count that have as much more resources as we did to the countries we helped during the tsunami? :rolleyes:

wow. Where was the tornado? Last time I checked, it was a hurricane with severe flooding.

Your missing his point.

tdsongster
08-31-2005, 07:03 PM
True, this wasn't near as bad as the tsunami, but it pisses me off when we give more help then other countries and they still say **** about us.

The U.S. does more for the world then any other country and all they do is ***** at us.

In my opinion unless you can do better, shut the ???? up.

300exPat
08-31-2005, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
wow. Where was the tornado? Last time I checked, it was a hurricane with severe flooding.

Your missing his point.

oh god I said tornado, I think most of us are intelligent enough to figure out what I meant. I'm not missing his point, I just addressed his point completely.

2004exrider
08-31-2005, 07:06 PM
thats funny, i was just thinkin the same thing today, after hearing about the hurricanes.

Jimmy

derekhonda

Doing what we do comes with the territory of being a global leader.

MOFO
oh god I said tornado, I think most of us are intelligent enough to figure out what I meant. I'm not missing his point, I just addressed his point completely.

just as most are intelligent enough to know it was a hurricane and not a tornado....anyways....

His point is we are always helping everyone else...and no one returns the favor, its not how much someone can offer, its the fact that they offer. I have not heard of ONE offer.

300extreme#8
08-31-2005, 07:08 PM
no what i'm sayin is, we r being helpfull, very helpful, our problems here r more important then taking it all away to help other people, and look ,when something happens where look, we don't even get a think you, kiss my ***** or anything, we do too much , but yet even if they r poor, we didn't have to help but we did

300exPat
08-31-2005, 07:10 PM
But a country can't offer what they don't have... for example:

If I have 100 apples and you have 25 and lose 5 then I should offer you some

If you have 25 apples and I have 100 and lose 1 then I should not expect you to offer me any

*EDIT*

Half the reason we even help other countries is so that we are known to be more powerful then them anyway

Pappy
08-31-2005, 07:11 PM
a good heart remembers what was recieved

and forgets what was given

lol....i cant help but draw comparisions from that movie "day after tomarrow" when mexico agreed to allow fleeing citizens into thier country if we forgave thier debt...lol

and what was that tv movie a few months back that detailed the gulf getting hit and the us going to crap:confused:

maybe they are getting us prepped before hand thru our tv's:eek: :chinese:

derekhonda
08-31-2005, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by 300extreme#8
no what i'm sayin is, we r being helpfull, very helpful, our problems here r more important then taking it all away to help other people, and look ,when something happens where look, we don't even get a think you, kiss my ***** or anything, we do too much , but yet even if they r poor, we didn't have to help but we did

I don't understand what you are talking about. One sentence with 120 words is a bit much to decipher. But anyways, i think i caught the gist of your post and will respond. As americans, and one of the wealthiest countries in the world....we can donate say 5% of our paid taxes to better the world. I don't know the exact number but 5% sounds ok. So 5% of all our taxes ends up being a lot of money, and gets divided accordingly. Now, 5% of other countries taxes wouldn't amount to much in several of the 3rd world and un-industrialed countries would it? You just got to take it in stride, it isn't fair I suppose, but in the end, nothing is.

300exPat
08-31-2005, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
I don't understand what you are talking about. One sentence with 120 words is a bit much to decipher. But anyways, i think i caught the gist of your post and will respond. As americans, and one of the wealthiest countries in the world....we can donate say 5% of our paid taxes to better the world. I don't know the exact number but 5% sounds ok. So 5% of all our taxes ends up being a lot of money, and gets divided accordingly. Now, 5% of other countries taxes wouldn't amount to much in several of the 3rd world and un-industrialed countries would it? You just got to take it in stride, it isn't fair I suppose, but in the end, nothing is.

Thank god someone understands what im trying to say

Guy400
08-31-2005, 07:17 PM
But a country can't offer what they don't have... for example:

If I have 100 apples and you have 25 and lose 5 then I should offer you some

If you have 25 apples and I have 100 and lose 1 then I should not expect you to offer me any

*EDIT*

Half the reason we even help other countries is so that we are known to be more powerful then them anyway That's really the dumbest thing I've ever heard. First off, we're not asking the poorest countries (or any country for that matter) for help. It's not like we expect Bangladesh to send monetary aid. But, countries like France, Germany, England, Italy and Spain have enough resources that they could lend a billion to us in aid. Where's the U.N. at right now? It's supposed to be a collection of nations that help one another in times of need. Where are they at during our dire times. Wait, that's right, we fund 75% of U.N. relief money anyway.

We also don't help other countries just to flex our muscle. How does giving money to every 3rd world country on the planet make us the bully? We could take over the entire western hemisphere if we wanted but we don't because that's not we're about.

MOFO
08-31-2005, 07:17 PM
just as most are intelligent enough to know it was a hurricane and not a tornado....anyways....

His point is we are always helping everyone else...and no one returns the favor, its not how much someone can offer, its the fact that they offer. I have not heard of ONE offer.

I guess I should clear up my point... kinda fuzzy. I'm not expecting anyone to help with our problems....however it is frustrating when we offer help, they expect more and continue to hold their hand out...

DEAL
08-31-2005, 08:05 PM
Actually wasn't there some Canadians helping clean up and such after 9/11?
I'm sure we will be helping out with the hurricane relief soon as well.

MOFO
08-31-2005, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by DEAL
Actually wasn't there some Canadians helping clean up and such after 9/11?
I'm sure we will be helping out with the hurricane relief soon as well.

Yea I think your right... pretty much the only people we can count on for some help....

We all know our other neighbor wont chip in.... :eek2:

DEAL
08-31-2005, 08:09 PM
Yea I think your right... pretty much the only people we can count on for some help....

We all know our other neighbor wont chip in.... :eek2:

Too busy looting .....

08-31-2005, 08:10 PM
How can you compare 3 different countries getting virtualy whipped out (250,000+ dead) to one "PART" of a state getting flooded (about 200-300 dead and their own damn fault they are dead)??

Not to mention, you had warning and failed to heed the warnings and evacuate compared to Zero Warning.

MOFO
08-31-2005, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by CrazyEight
How can you compare 3 different countries getting virtualy whipped out (250,000+ dead) to one "PART" of a state getting flooded (about 200-300 dead and their own damn fault they are dead)??

Not to mention, you had warning and failed to heed the warnings and evacuate compared to Zero Warning.

I think you need to consider the destruction of an entire US city. New Orleans is shut down, completely - majority of it destroyed by flooding and high winds. Keep in mind, this is one of the biggest ports in the US, especially for oil.

Its the biggest natural disaster in our history - please dont play it down.

08-31-2005, 08:18 PM
I am not playing it down.... do i have to compare square miles between the 2??? i already showed the huge difference in deaths. I already showed one had more than enough warning and one has zero warning.

One was unavoidable (death wise) one was avoidable.

Please dont compare a hurricane to a tsunami.

Hell dont even compare a Hurricane to a Super Typhoon, hits Japan every year, you dont go helping them then either year after year.

fasterblaster09
08-31-2005, 08:22 PM

Ok,so what about the elderly people in nursing homes,is it there fault??..What about the poor who couldnt afford to leave,is it there fault also,why dont we just blame all of them??
Yes only maybe 200 dead now,but they just started searching.There are still about 150,000 stuck inside of attics,on top of their roofs,or in their car on a bridge.Do you realy think that they can save 150,000 people before they all die of starvation?Hoenstly I would much rather die instantly then be inside of my attic starving to death.

Its not all of their faults.And just because there was a worse natural disaster to come other country,that makes this one nothing major??...I know they have no money,but they at least offer to give a hand.I know the US woudlnt take it,but at least it was an offer..

300extreme#8
08-31-2005, 08:22 PM
could u leave everything behind.?????? would u want to leave ur housewith only afew dollars and pairs of cloths ,and know u will never see ur house again , and ur quad gone and everything that goes along with it, it would be hard to leave it all and not look back, i dont think i could do it.. some must have just felt theyed rather take a chance dying than to have to start other with alil bit of nothin

08-31-2005, 08:24 PM
here is a good example of the difference in distruction.

Orleans can be fixed just remember that.

This is just ONE area.

BEFORE
http://homepage.mac.com/demark/tsunami/2a.jpg

AFTER!!
http://homepage.mac.com/demark/tsunami/2b.jpg

There 10 times more dead in this one small part than in the entire area effected by the hurricane.

08-31-2005, 08:28 PM
Elderly no its not their fault, its the governments (City's) fault for not making a proper emergency plan to get them out..

As for those who "Cant leave their stuff behind" like i said thats their choice and their fault.

300extreme#8
08-31-2005, 08:30 PM
how many died or how bad it is ,is not even the point, its the point that, we help and help and give and give, and have all the support for all the rest of the world when they r hit hard, well we get hit hard, no one cares, we get no support, thats y U.S. is so bad right now i believe, we r too busy tring to fix other countries and worried bout everyone else when we have problems of our own .. and other countries keep taking advantage of us.. and get all they can from us, then forget bout us

MOFO
08-31-2005, 08:30 PM
Elderly no its not their fault, its the governments (City's) fault for not making a proper emergency plan to get them out..

As for those who "Cant leave their stuff behind" like i said thats their choice and their fault.

so who do you blame for this natural disaster?

honda350r
08-31-2005, 08:33 PM
so who do you blame for this natural disaster?

GEORGE BUSH !! . loL

J/K

MOFO
08-31-2005, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by honda350r
GEORGE BUSH !! . loL

J/K

ahhh, I was waiting for someone to say that....should have know it would be you! :D

08-31-2005, 08:35 PM
Like the name says "Natural Disaster" no one is to blame for it.

Although Global warming has alot to do with Climate change... I know Pappy isnt big on the theory but there is data to prove it.

As for why they dont help??? maybe they feel you dont need it... You gave yourself the name of "Police of the World" and "World Super Power"

Is a homeless person going to help a rich person??? I think not, and dont think they should either.

honda350r
08-31-2005, 08:37 PM
ahhh, I was waiting for someone to say that....should have know it would be you! :D

I know ! That is why you baited the question !

Who cares if we get help from some other country?

When you give a gift do you expect one back ??

Last two question are not directed to you MOFO !

Pappy
08-31-2005, 08:43 PM
i just cant believe that we are responsible for the change in teh weather....but im always open to new information. from what i understand is that the cycle of weather changes, it is proven. i know there is data to back up global warming, but there is as much data to disprove it.

kyoto treaty which the USA didnt sign will have virtually no impact on the temperature change, and all the data that was used to develop the plan was from the full-on supporters of global warming. from a business mans eye, if the plan has no impact then someone better start drafting a new one.

08-31-2005, 08:44 PM
PS there was an estimated 500 million donated to 9/11 by various organizations worldwide, of which they still dont know where all the money went.

But i wount get into all that right now.

Pappy
08-31-2005, 08:45 PM

Who cares if we get help from some other country?

When you give a gift do you expect one back ??

if that is your thinking, then we caused the hurricane because thats the way i see it also...lol:p

fasterblaster09
08-31-2005, 08:45 PM
But,If I was rich(which im not),and a poor person asked for help,and did.If I ever had any trouble,and he came offer to help,just OFFER,that would mean alot.Money can't fix everything.Money would help alot right now,but don't you think it would be nice for them just to offer to come help with the cleanup??

08-31-2005, 08:47 PM
No one ever said it was the US's fault for global warming, its a worldwide problem.

If you dont believe in global warming you simply must be mad.... Gasses from refineries, cars, factories EAT up the OZone layer, whereby allowing more HEAT into the atmosphere, it all goes on from there, its simple science.

08-31-2005, 08:50 PM
First of all, your making a big assumption that no countries are helping...

There are TONS of relief fun organizations around the world, thats what they do, the government of a country does not have to step up to do it when they have organizations that take care of handling the logistics of it. (Red Cross and Salvation Army is just 2 major organizations which collect donations worldwide)

So dont assume no one is helping, i am sure they are you just dont hear about it and simply have to do some research to find out exactly what was donated by whome.

Pappy
08-31-2005, 08:53 PM
No one ever said it was the US's fault for global warming, its a worldwide problem.

If you dont believe in global warming you simply must be mad.... Gasses from refineries, cars, factories EAT up the OZone layer, whereby allowing more HEAT into the atmosphere, it all goes on from there, its simple science.

and simple science disproves your statement. 1 volcanic eruption releases more gases that destroy the ozone layer then all of our cars and we have several eruptions around the world and have had several major ones in the past 50 years.

dog chasing our tails here folks. find me a better mousetrap and ill gladly use it. i dont buy into liberal thinking.

08-31-2005, 09:00 PM
Ok here goes, after some simple investigation of who all donated to the hurricane already...

Vienna, Austria
Romania's harghita County
France (dont be surprised, they still kissing ***)
China
Britian
Switzerland
The Netherlands
Geneva
Germany

08-31-2005, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
and simple science disproves your statement. 1 volcanic eruption releases more gases that destroy the ozone layer then all of our cars and we have several eruptions around the world and have had several major ones in the past 50 years.

dog chasing our tails here folks. find me a better mousetrap and ill gladly use it. i dont buy into liberal thinking.

Volcanoes do NOT produce O-Zone depleting gasses, where did you hear that junk. It was eruptions that helped form our damn atmosphere in the first place.

One is Carbon Dioxide and one is CarbonMonoxide.

Pappy
08-31-2005, 09:04 PM
and to put my exact thoughts on the issue:

if it exists, fix it

governments are already spending my tax dollars researching it and denying it. every drivable vehicle has been impacted thru fee's and restrictions that raised prices on that vehicle because of it. every gallon of gas has been increased to better the problem.

usually when i see the governments making money off something, i suspect its BUNK....lol

Pappy
08-31-2005, 09:10 PM
Volcanoes do NOT produce O-Zone depleting gasses, where did you hear that junk. It was eruptions that helped form our damn atmosphere in the first place.

One is Carbon Dioxide and one is CarbonMonoxide.

here ya go, enough double talk to get you good and excited, a government report to scare evreyone...lol

http://www.eia.doe.gov/oiaf/1605/gg01rpt/pdf/chapter1.pdf

and btw...the porn you posted last night is not forgotton..cya

08-31-2005, 09:23 PM
Seems some people get touchy when they cant win an argument.

PS.

Definition of Pornography

Pornography

The explicit depiction or exhibition
of sexual activity in literature, films
or photography that is intended to
stimulate erotic, rather than aesthetic
or emotional feelings.

I dont remember posting any Sexual Activity, it was rated R yes, and i believe you can see tits just about anywhere on TV.

Ex_Rider43
08-31-2005, 09:24 PM
i work in a pretty big bakery here , in canada and all I did tonight at work was to pack all kinds of bread in big boxes to ship over the states. I was pretty proud to see that I was helping in some way in this disaster.

Pappy
08-31-2005, 09:27 PM
i dont mind being proved wrong...not one bit. there is enough info in the link i posted to prove myself wrong. what i hate worse is someone who cant see the middle ground and agree to disagree.

and you obviously have an issue with our rules and your history..end of discusion.

08-31-2005, 09:29 PM
What I have to say won't matter but....

U.S is considered trouble stirrers. we always are butting in with crap and thats why we have enemy's. Theres a bunch of multi-million dollar scam artist out there that couldn't give a damn whats going on as long as there happy. Thats the problem. U.s needs to start taking care of themselves and not worry about the other coutries like iraq.

Pappy
08-31-2005, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Ex_Rider43
i work in a pretty big bakery here , in canada and all I did tonight at work was to pack all kinds of bread in big boxes to ship over the states. I was pretty proud to see that I was helping in some way in this disaster.

as well you should be! there will be help, be it large or small. the thought is what counts and as an american i thank anyone that is willing to help the victims.

(spit in a loaf and mark it for looters only..lol)

08-31-2005, 09:32 PM
This is waht i agreed to

By clicking the Agree button, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of ATVriders Forums have the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

lots more should be banned also then...

if you want to go by the rules

fasterblaster09
08-31-2005, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
as well you should be! there will be help, be it large or small. the thought is what counts and as an american i thank anyone that is willing to help the victims.

(spit in a loaf and mark it for looters only..lol)

I second that thanks...and I like the idea of spitting in a loaf for the looters :blah:

08-31-2005, 09:36 PM
edited for being a jackleg

Ex_Rider43
08-31-2005, 09:40 PM
thanks for making this nice forum such a ****ty place for a couple seconds:mad:

lol dont worry I wont spit in a loaf , they are already in the bags when they get to me. :blah:

honda350r
08-31-2005, 09:42 PM
Why do we focus are attention to the looters?

These people have lost everything and most are looting basic supplies..

The supplies in the store will be ruined whether they are stolen or not !

Pappy
08-31-2005, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by ZZtop
Oh yeah and spitting into loafs of bread and marking it "for Looters only" is VERY hatefull.

Ban yourself while your at it, its the rule.
maybe we just dont like you or you attitude? naaa the pretty picture was enough reasoning to boot you, now the island will be turned off.

Pappy
08-31-2005, 09:47 PM
Why do we focus are attention to the looters?

These people have lost everything and most are looting basic supplies..

The supplies in the store will be ruined whether they are stolen or not !

maybe because thats all that seemed to be the focus of the media today. im sure once they start getting people from the hardest hit areas we will hear some terrible stories of death and maybe even some positive stories of survival!

the stores i saw on tv we not damaged that i could see so i am not sure how all the merchandise would be ruined....but some stores could be in a different condition.

and again....homeboys carrying tv's and dvd players dont sound like survival needs where i was raised..lol

armoks
08-31-2005, 09:50 PM
Ok here goes, after some simple investigation of who all donated to the hurricane already...

Vienna, Austria
Romania's harghita County
France (dont be surprised, they still kissing ***)
China
Britian
Switzerland
The Netherlands
Geneva
Germany

Funny no middle eastren countries listed there:mad: hey they will just jack up the price of oil for us:mad:

derekhonda
08-31-2005, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by 300extreme#8