PDA

View Full Version : 02 no title raptor NEED TO SELL

2nd sucks
08-31-2005, 06:20 PM
just got an 02 raptor, doesnt have a title and i have no clue on its history, i got it for a good price so i bought it, im into more mx though, so ill trade for a stock 450, or make offers for a cash deal...since i do not know the background/history with this quad, there will be no papers exchanged, except for cash of coarse :-P

gumby2461
08-31-2005, 06:41 PM
how much....

ridin4life05
08-31-2005, 07:47 PM
any pics? send them to trx250ex1@aol.com or post them if you have them. thanks

yamahonda
08-31-2005, 08:24 PM
i smell something burning... is that smoke i see???? maybe something is smokin hot????

boostang02
08-31-2005, 09:15 PM
lol...lol....give ya 500 bucks. thats all something's worth hot off the press.

2nd sucks
09-01-2005, 07:50 PM
i never said she was hot....all i said was i dont know the history on this quad :rolleyes: i bought it off my uncle for 1000bucks with no paper work....theres no vin on the frame no serial # on the motor....so all we can do is assume the worst

any offers?

jeremycls
09-01-2005, 07:58 PM
sounds like someone is missing a Raptor out there:eek2:

1shooter
09-01-2005, 08:08 PM
he said assume the worst got $200 ill pick it up behind the dumpster! :-)

2nd sucks
09-01-2005, 08:31 PM
c'mon dont flame the raptor...i got it for a great price off my uncle, runs great, no problems at all....its just not for me, im into mx
offers?

nadabomber
09-01-2005, 08:45 PM

derekhonda
09-01-2005, 09:02 PM
where did your uncle get it? Comeon...you could do a little investigating and find out the background pretty easily, afterall you bought it from family.

Unless you dont want to do any investigating for some reason :rolleyes: :confused:

1shooter
09-01-2005, 09:06 PM
oh i can help with that one it just appeared and the the numbers where allready gone i dont think its stolen only you wouldnt know becuase its numbers are gone (best thing to do is fine a frame with numbers thats not hot and switch it all over) not that you wouldnt make alot more money but scrap price is to high for a hot bike to me

derekhonda
09-01-2005, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by 1shooter
oh i can help with that one it just appeared and the the numbers where allready gone i dont think its stolen only you wouldnt know becuase its numbers are gone (best thing to do is fine a frame with numbers thats not hot and switch it all over) not that you wouldnt make alot more money but scrap price is to high for a hot bike to me

It just appeared? Riiiiiiiight.......

Do the honerable thing and go take it to the police. There are numbers or distinguishable marks on it somewhere.

vinson581
09-01-2005, 11:01 PM
guys....ik it prolly seems suspicious..im going to give him the benefit if the doubt for a second...if you buy a frame from yamaha it comes with NO VIN NO TITLE. you need to punch it in yourself..ik my friend got a new frame... second mabey its not a 02 and its a 01, and the tranny blew apart and smashed the case....there fore NO numbers on the motor...just a long shot.....but for 1000$ sure i will take it...if i can etch the frame.

derekhonda
09-01-2005, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by vinson581
guys....ik it prolly seems suspicious..im going to give him the benefit if the doubt for a second...if you buy a frame from yamaha it comes with NO VIN NO TITLE. you need to punch it in yourself..ik my friend got a new frame... second mabey its not a 02 and its a 01, and the tranny blew apart and smashed the case....there fore NO numbers on the motor...just a long shot.....but for 1000$ sure i will take it...if i can etch the frame.

True, while they give you no new title, you are suppose to re-use your same title off the trashed frame. You apply for a new title with that frame, and you do all of this through the DMV. I don't care what the history is on this thing, it isnt good and nothing good can come from buying it. (especially not without a bill of sale)

Pappy
09-02-2005, 05:44 AM
very suspicious.

represent618
09-02-2005, 07:59 AM
you and your uncle should have your heads cracked by the guy who PAID for that raptor, you know the OWNER. theifs make me sick, and having a stolen bike is just as good as being a theif....I HOPE YOU GET BUSTED WITH THIS BIKE, LOSER.

Pappy
09-02-2005, 08:10 AM
i will be copying this thread and looking into his persoanl information. if anyone has knowledge of someone selling stolen property do not hesitate to inform us. we will pass the info to the proper authorities if the information is deemed credible.

i am not saying this is the case here, but this is all very suspicious.

QuadJunkies
09-02-2005, 08:19 AM
I know Custom machines dont have Vins, and a warrentied Frame wouldnt have one either, ours come with a sticker on it that we had to remove when we PC'd it, BUt thats the ONLY reasons I could think to give for not having one unlesss yes- it stolen..

No one is saying YOU stole it, but you cant blame everyone for asking . I personally cant blame anyone for being leary, I know I wouldnt want a stolen quad in my garage!

Admin
09-02-2005, 09:04 AM
ATV theft is on the rise, and it has affected several of my friends in the past two months with their ATVs stolen out of their garage and house. The friend just purchased the ATV just 3 weeks earlier from a dealership, and he was so excited to finally have a KFX400, and we went riding on Wednesday and it was gone on Saturday.

I have no respect for thieves or those that purchase from them looking for a great deal or opportunity to make some quick money by reselling the item out of state via Ebay or ATVriders.com.

I closed this thread because it seemed extremely suspicious to me, and I thank the person that reported the thread. If anyone notices any thread that seems suspicious, please notify us because I don’t want to be any part of helping someone distribute possibly stolen equipment.