PDA

View Full Version : Venting Big Time!

Pappy
08-31-2005, 03:43 PM
Anyone who has been watching the lawlessness coming out of the hurricane aftermath should be OUTRAGED!

The lowest scum of our society has taken upon itself to have a field day looting stores for everything EXCEPT the items needed to maintain themselves:mad: Homeboy walks out of a walmart with a 42 inch flatscreen:mad: Another of the indigenous population decided that gold and jewelry was mor eimportant then say......FOOD!

Oh, and I am not leaving out the hapless police standing around watching this, then casually telling reporters "hey, what can we do, our jail is underwater"!!!!!!!! MAYBE TRY ACTING LIKE A LAWMAN!!!!

My answer, string one up in front of the store so thier swaying rotting corpse will serve as a reminder to the rest of these animals that society will not tolerate them!!

RANT OVER UNTIL MY BLOOD PRESSURE RETURNS FROM OUTER SPACE:mad: :grr: :mad: :mad: :mad:

MOFO
08-31-2005, 03:46 PM
I just had this EXACT discussion today with one of our sub contractors. We both feel the same way.... He said he would be shooting them on the spot, but not killing them. Just 2 shots - one in each knee cap...then let them sit there. :mad:

Pappy
08-31-2005, 03:50 PM
I have no problem with people taking what they need to survive....but 5 dvd players, carts full of dvd's and tv's isnt a needed item PERIOD. ITS FLAT OUT THIEVERY!

There are also reports of people taking chainsaws, axe's and other items needed to try and save others.

I swear to god, I am so close to loading up the dodge and 12 gauge and doing what SHOULD be done:mad:

3 of our warehouses/distribution centers in that area...GONE! 1 is intact and the police told the owner he could not approach it! he asked the cop..."what about the people taking MY STUFF!!!!!" cop said he couldnt do anything:mad:

This is reason #1 for private gun ownership and the RIGHT..REPEAT...THE RIGHT to defend your OWN PROPERTY!

WKY400EX
08-31-2005, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
I just had this EXACT discussion today with one of our sub contractors. We both feel the same way.... He said he would be shooting them on the spot, but not killing them. Just 2 shots - one in each knee cap...then let them sit there. :mad: I was just about to say, break out the guns. They probably wouldn't even have to shoot at anyone. Just the presence of a gun would deter a lot of the looters. SOMEONE needs to take it upon themselves to enforce the law. Can't drive the cruisers? Use boats! I mean, so what if they're jail is underwater? Create a temporary jail and those their thief *****es in there.:mad:

Pappy
08-31-2005, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by WKY400EX
I was just about to say, break out the guns. They probably wouldn't even have to shoot at anyone. Just the presence of a gun would deter a lot of the looters. :

why would it deter them? the cops have guns...they are even taking pot shots at cops!

rescue the ones in need, let the rest die over the next few weeks a slow agonizing death :mad:

fasterblaster09
08-31-2005, 03:54 PM
Earlier today,a guy was caught looting.Then when the guy saw the cop he shot him!!...As of right now,im watching about 5 black kids (not racism) stealing bags of shoes and walking out laughing at the camera!!...Yeh im pretty peed off too

Pappy
08-31-2005, 03:55 PM
AND THESE ARE THE SAME ANIMALS THAT WILL BE THE FIRST IN LINE TO CLAIM FEDERAL DISATER MONEY......THATS MY MONEY, AND YOURS:mad: IF THE COPS WANT TO DO SOMETHING, TAKE THE LOOTERS ID, THEN SHOOT THEM IN THE FOREHEAD WHEN THEY COME TO GET THIER CHECK:mad:

Pappy
08-31-2005, 03:56 PM
it just aint blacks and hispanics, 5 am this morning i watched them chat with the nastiest white trash ive ever seen. color or race doesnt mean anything, KILL THE THIEVES!

Pappy
08-31-2005, 03:58 PM
OH YEAH FOLKS>>>YOU HAVE ANGRY HIGHLY PISSED OFF PAPPY:mad:

400exrules
08-31-2005, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
AND THESE ARE THE SAME ANIMALS THAT WILL BE THE FIRST IN LINE TO CLAIM FEDERAL DISATER MONEY......THATS MY MONEY, AND YOURS:mad: IF THE COPS WANT TO DO SOMETHING, TAKE THE LOOTERS ID, THEN SHOOT THEM IN THE FOREHEAD WHEN THEY COME TO GET THIER CHECK:mad:

i wish...dont see it happening tho

BLAZE1
08-31-2005, 03:59 PM
I think all the looting is bull, but they could have gave me one of those trucks before it got all fugged up...

troutman561
08-31-2005, 04:00 PM
its a shame, and your right, its the same ppl who will blame the gov't for the reason they have no house now and couldnt get outta the city and will be the 1st to take our tax dollars..... i did read earlier that store owners whose stores arent in water are sitting out front with gun, one guy had a sign saying "you loot i shoot"

BLAZE1
08-31-2005, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by BLAZE1
I think all the looting is bull, but they could have gave me one of those trucks before it got all fugged up...

take that you stealership

bulkdriverlp
08-31-2005, 04:01 PM
i agree its wrong, but i agree with the cop. if the jails are under water where are they supposed to put the people? 1cop hold 1 person in custody for a week till the owner of the store can secure the merchandise? if you live in the area you should have flood insurance, so why would you worry about merchandise. people's welfare is more important. that is probobly what the police are concentrating on. i cant imagine what people are gunna do for jobs? its awful to think about it. wish everybody the best of luck making it through this.

MOFO
08-31-2005, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by troutman561
i did read earlier that store owners whose stores arent in water are sitting out front with gun, one guy had a sign saying "you loot i shoot"

good for him!

MOFO
08-31-2005, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by bulkdriverlp
i agree its wrong, but i agree with the cop. if the jails are under water where are they supposed to put the people? 1cop hold 1 person in custody for a week till the owner of the store can secure the merchandise? if you live in the area you should have flood insurance, so why would you worry about merchandise. people's welfare is more important. that is probobly what the police are concentrating on. i cant imagine what people are gunna do for jobs? its awful to think about it. wish everybody the best of luck making it through this.

because all of this money comes from somewhere...it does not just grow on trees. As Pappy said, the money the gov't will provide for relief comes from OUR pockets. The insurance money will be absorbed through higher rates, again, paid from our pockets! What you are saying could be considered insurance fraud.

I dont think anyone here has a problem taking items needed to "survive" - food or tools needed. But taking electronic items, clothes..etc....that is BS and needs to be stopped!

Pappy
08-31-2005, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by bulkdriverlp
i agree its wrong, but i agree with the cop. if the jails are under water where are they supposed to put the people? 1cop hold 1 person in custody for a week till the owner of the store can secure the merchandise? if you live in the area you should have flood insurance, so why would you worry about merchandise. people's welfare is more important. that is probobly what the police are concentrating on.

watch some of the video. the cops they are showing are not involved in any rescue or recovery action. i support law enforcement, but not even making an honest attempt to stop them or deter them is scandolous.

insurance, the cure for self responsibility. this country is doomed.

MOFO
08-31-2005, 04:05 PM

insurance, the cure for self responsibility. this country is doomed.

SO TRUE!!!

Between Lawyers and insurance - no one takes responsibility for their own actions.

08-31-2005, 04:07 PM
this country is doomed.

wilkin250r
08-31-2005, 04:11 PM
I wonder if insurance covers theft and looting during times of disaster.

400exrules
08-31-2005, 04:11 PM
this country is doomed.

yup...been doomed for awhile

MOFO
08-31-2005, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
I wonder if insurance covers theft and looting during times of disaster.

Good question... A close friend of mine has his own insurance business... I'll ask him next time I talk to him.

fasterblaster09
08-31-2005, 04:16 PM
I have a feeling the insurance companys around new orleans will go BANKRUPT.

08-31-2005, 04:29 PM
The problem is that the majority of the population of New Orleans is of a below poverty level.

Mxjunkie
08-31-2005, 04:45 PM
if I were a store owner I'd have all my buddies out, get guns from the store its self if its a wal-mart or any thing else and I would shoot anyone that came on the property, that outrages me that people would take that stuff that they dont need to live and at a time like this sure as hell arent going to ****ing use. :mad:

kbass24emtp
08-31-2005, 04:51 PM
Remember the media only shows the chaos, they never show a looter getting the butt end of a 12 gauge. Looters only deserve one thing, a shot to the knees.

PismoLocal
08-31-2005, 04:54 PM
AMEN!

Matt37
08-31-2005, 05:05 PM
I just heard on CNN that they are having a problem with looters stealing fire arms from Wal Mart and other stores.

And they said that people are stealing them and then walking around town with them starting gangs and stuff.

It is really a mess over there.

Pappy
08-31-2005, 05:06 PM
i feel much better...lol

it just makes me so mad that for all the good that is going to come from amist the tragedy, we have this form of life being portrayed the way they are. can you imagine me as a news anchor going on a total rant over this..lmao!

i guess what really hit home for me today was when the media started using the term "REFUGEE":( I never in my life thought I would hear that term describing United States Citizens within' it's own borders:( that combined with the looters just set me clean off.

these people need to pay heavily for what they are doing, wether thats in 2 weeks or 2 months.

Giz400ex
08-31-2005, 05:23 PM
Hey!........so what:o ...........there are people like that all over!!!! If its not LA, MS, or AL, its gonna be some other places. The world has some real scum, only thing I can say is worry about yourself and the people around you and don't worry about what someone else is doing!

bigvforcer
08-31-2005, 05:32 PM
You all have a great point. These are the people we deal with on a daily basis. These are the people that live next to us. We have morals and they don't. I actually saw a few cops looting on tv as well. HOWEVER, they were taking candy bars and stuff that can actually help people. Granted it is candy bars BUT food is food when you are that hungry.

To all that can, go to the red cross website and find your local chapter. They are taking info on you if you would like to drive down to help. We are organizing a group of ten or so guys to go down and do whatever we can to help out. I just finished filling out the application online. I am waiting to hear from them and I will let you know what happens. They said a two week tour is necessary. I was worried about what my job would think but I can tell you right now that I DON' CARE WHAT THEY THINK. If they want to fire me over something like going down to help millions of people then so be it. i bet I could find a job in a heartbeat when I got back!

We as a nation need to pull together and help them in whatever way we can, also pray for the families of loved ones that have not heard anything from them for a while.

Thanks for reading, i know it was kinda long

250Racing88
08-31-2005, 05:34 PM
you can shoot looters on sight and its legal marshal law or something like that and you dont gent in trouble no trial or anything

standardryder
08-31-2005, 05:39 PM
i just had an idea! instead of spending millios of dollars a day killing for a pointless war, how about we use that moneyt to help the peopel who really need it. if it were up to me thats what i would do...

Mxjunkie
08-31-2005, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Matt37
I just heard on CNN that they are having a problem with looters stealing fire arms from Wal Mart and other stores.

And they said that people are stealing them and then walking around town with them starting gangs and stuff.

It is really a mess over there.

the cops should just let them all kill each other imo screw em, if they wanna be that way in a time of disater let them kill each other.

bansheeguy77
08-31-2005, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by standardryder
i just had an idea! instead of spending millios of dollars a day killing for a pointless war, how about we use that moneyt to help the peopel who really need it. if it were up to me thats what i would do...

haha dont get me started on that topic. we the american people have a tragedy and need the help very badly now but we spend millions a day to rebuild a country where 80% of the population tries killing us.

i will say this....i love history always will and have. i am currently a history major in college. our country is doomed and i dont give it much longer. dont call me anti american or a canadian cause i assure you i am not. i love this country just as much if not more than anybody. the political system and way things are going over the years is ruining us. an example, look at the roman empire. back in the day that was the tihs now where is it? look back in time say 300 years...seems like alot but look at the big picture and the history of time. 300 years is seconds compared to that. where were we? where did anything really stand back then? now look at us in 100 years it will be pure hell. the system is ruining so many things for such a great nation. i will quit preaching the apocolypse now but if anybody would like more of my views/opinions i will gladly give :cool:

and paps i agree with you on this one too. if the police cant do anything because the jails are underwater if somebody killed a looter they cant do anything to the person who murdered them right? start the exriders revolution to save the south!!

Pappy
08-31-2005, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Giz400ex
Hey!........so what:o ...........there are people like that all over!!!! If its not LA, MS, or AL, its gonna be some other places. The world has some real scum, only thing I can say is worry about yourself and the people around you and don't worry about what someone else is doing!

sorry chief, when it comes to how my tax money is spent i get involved. you may like 36% of your check being pulled out every week but I prefer different. when my home insurance jumps 3 to 5 % from this, same with my car, not too mention the tax money that will no doubt find it's way to the likes of the folks blatenly looting, robbing and who knows what else, i get ticked.

if its alright with you, you can pay my taxes seeing your not concerned.

Pappy
08-31-2005, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by 250Racing88
you can shoot looters on sight and its legal marshal law or something like that and you dont gent in trouble no trial or anything

i refer you to bansheeguy's post about the legal system...would you trust it:ermm:

go to the red cross website and find your local chapter. They are taking info on you if you would like to drive down to help.

I already got hammered by the wife for even suggesting it. if my health was better I would already be on the way. Thats what makes this country great, we will pull together when needed. If anyone thinks they can help, GO! You will be doing your fellow american a great service.

haha dont get me started on that topic. we the american people have a tragedy and need the help very badly now but we spend millions a day to rebuild a country where 80% of the population tries killing us.

yeah, you wont find any other country doing that in your history books. maybe when history is finally written on all of this, the outcome will have been proven to be different then what it is being percieved as now. I never could figure out how people can write history before it becomes history. many americans thought WWII was a huge mistake also.

bansheeguy77
08-31-2005, 06:16 PM

yeah, you wont find any other country doing that in your history books. maybe when history is finally written on all of this, the outcome will have been proven to be different then what it is being percieved as now. I never could figure out how people can write history before it becomes history. many americans thought WWII was a huge mistake also.

im not saying that you are wrong because it is true. you will always have folks who disagree and agree with a war. but thats the thing that gets me and you said it yourself. venezuela is the only country helping us so far. its sort of like we help everyone no matter what like a parent....yet all other countries are snot nosed kids who always need us there but only help when they feel its necessary to keep momma there.

Pappy
08-31-2005, 06:20 PM
im actually proud we live in a country that can indeed stand on its own 2 feet and not ask nor expect handouts from other nations.

bansheeguy77
08-31-2005, 06:26 PM
im actually proud we live in a country that can indeed stand on its own 2 feet and not ask nor expect handouts from other nations.

that is a good thing...but getting used and pissed on for years gets old....to me atleast:scary:

Merriman
08-31-2005, 06:26 PM
MSNBC just stated that the Mayor of New Orleans has redirected 1500 police officers from search and rescue to stopping looters.

What a disgrace these looters portray to the rest of the country and the world.

Atkins
08-31-2005, 06:30 PM
im actually proud we live in a country that can indeed stand on its own 2 feet and not ask nor expect handouts from other nations. Thats extremely true. I remember when the sunami hit, they were pissed because we only sent like $100 million or something like that. The people of La and other affected areas have never even mentioned other countriesonating money.

Pappy
08-31-2005, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by bansheeguy77
that is a good thing...but getting used and pissed on for years gets old....to me atleast:scary:

agreed

08-31-2005, 06:40 PM
i tell ya what id be lootin, a walmart yes.. and the frozen foods section.. id be takin every single one of the tombstone pizza's and any other kinda "munchie" food cuz if i went through that.. you better beleive it wouldnt be "sober"

hehwheahhahahahahahah

Jesse

Mxjunkie
08-31-2005, 06:43 PM
hell they should loot wal-marts we dont need them anyways. I'd rather have family owned stuff :)

derekhonda
08-31-2005, 06:44 PM
Honestly, I know I would be stocking up on the necessities to survive for the next few weeks. People probably have it in their mind though that if they steal that 42" TV they can ebay it and get a quick grand or two. Can't say I blame them, but at the same time that is very pathetic. I have heard on the news that store owners will be able to write stuff like that off to try and keep violence down.

TCracin440ex
08-31-2005, 07:02 PM
im going to rent me a big big big uhaul....and go down there and find a honda dealership get some quads...find me a zuki shop and get me a gixxer 1000 and come back with a truck load full of quads....450r's and everything...and a streetbike haha

no just kidding...but yea it kinda agrivates me too that people are acting like wild animals down there...

i was watching the news earlier and the news caster was talking to a black man who had stole some stuff....and he said you think its ok for you to take that...you know your stealing....and the black guy was like who me...acted like he was innocent and it was there for him to take anyways....

Butters
08-31-2005, 07:13 PM
hey if they are stealing from wal-mart, i say go for it. they are a multi-billion dollar company, and it wouldn't affact them that much. its just walmart. stupid *** massive corporation.

Mxjunkie
08-31-2005, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Butters
hey if they are stealing from wal-mart, i say go for it. they are a multi-billion dollar company, and it wouldn't affact them that much. its just walmart. stupid *** massive corporation.

AMEN to that! :macho

The only thing I love about the local wal-mart it has a micky d's in it lol

TCracin440ex
08-31-2005, 07:16 PM

that would be awsoem...free quads....free is my favorite price anyday

Pappy
08-31-2005, 07:17 PM
hey if they are stealing from wal-mart, i say go for it. they are a multi-billion dollar company, and it wouldn't affact them that much. its just walmart. stupid *EDIT* massive corporation.

you and i pay for it in the end, not the thieves. do they offer logic classes at school? lol

Guy400
08-31-2005, 07:23 PM
hey if they are stealing from wal-mart, i say go for it. they are a multi-billion dollar company, and it wouldn't affact them that much. its just walmart. stupid *** massive corporation. I just thought I read the dumbest thing in my life in another thread until I read this one. It's OK to steal from Wal-Mart because they're a multi-billion dollar company? Do you really believe that? Is it OK for a bum to break into your house and steal your clothes, shoes and food? Why not, you're a wealthy middle-class American and he's poor:huh

Guy400
08-31-2005, 07:26 PM
And while we're on the subject of this disaster. Can anyone explain to me why FEMA buys people TV's, DVD players, etc.? I don't want to sound cold-hearted but if you don't have insurance to replace those items than you're SOL. Those are luxuries that our government should not pay to replace. Now I'm all for FEMA providing money to assist in rebuilding the necessaties. Things like basic housing, plumbing, electric, etc.

APK400exRacer
08-31-2005, 07:45 PM
I think its BS how we step up to the plate to help with the Tsunami relief yet not one country has stepped up to help us. And they dont need Marshalls law to be in effect in Downtown New Orleans but they need it in Biloxi! Id love to go over there and unleash some anger rambo style!

Butters
08-31-2005, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
I just thought I read the dumbest thing in my life in another thread until I read this one. It's OK to steal from Wal-Mart because they're a multi-billion dollar company? Do you really believe that? Is it OK for a bum to break into your house and steal your clothes, shoes and food? Why not, you're a wealthy middle-class American and he's poor:huh

no you just said the dumbest thing. how do i compare to a multi-billion dollar company? what makes you think i am a wealthy middle class american? you make these assumptions, but how do you really know. wal-mart has a large insurance policy, and that doesn't even include their, i can't remember exactly what they call it, but what they allow to be "missing" before they report it. each month wal-mart allows so much money to not be accounted for. after that amount, their insurance policy kicks in. i mean honestly, people are going to have to steal at least $40,0000 in goods before they would see any sort of affect in their income. oh and pappy how would it affect me and you? just curious on your thoughts, not saying your wrong, just curious. thanks.

DEAL
08-31-2005, 08:08 PM
I can understand food and bottled water being taken .. but its pretty bad when half most of your state is under water and people are still stealing.

bansheeguy77
08-31-2005, 09:06 PM
no you just said the dumbest thing. how do i compare to a multi-billion dollar company? what makes you think i am a wealthy middle class american? you make these assumptions, but how do you really know. wal-mart has a large insurance policy, and that doesn't even include their, i can't remember exactly what they call it, but what they allow to be "missing" before they report it. each month wal-mart allows so much money to not be accounted for. after that amount, their insurance policy kicks in. i mean honestly, people are going to have to steal at least $40,0000 in goods before they would see any sort of affect in their income. oh and pappy how would it affect me and you? just curious on your thoughts, not saying your wrong, just curious. thanks.

you are mistaken young one. think about the ENTIRE stock of product in one wal-mart. include every possible thing they have there. you would be amazed at how much just in product is at a store. when i worked at best buy, it was a bad day if we didnt move $250,000 a day fri, sat and sunday. so yes there is probably 15-30 million if not more in one walmart...especially for a large city such as new orleans. the shrink defecit they have set up does not cover the store being jacked. again at best buy i believe they gave us around 20k'ish per quarter for stolen items. granted walmart might be higher but again, an entire store? yes it is coming out of our pockets.

and guys assumption was correct for the most part. if walmart is worth 1 billion total, and your entire household including house and everything is worth 300k, that is 3333.33 per one dollar to you. now put that into a homeless guy who has 5 bucks in his pocket....yes you are his walmart so it all comes out in the wash right :)

Butters
08-31-2005, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by bansheeguy77
you are mistaken young one. think about the ENTIRE stock of product in one wal-mart. include every possible thing they have there. you would be amazed at how much just in product is at a store. when i worked at best buy, it was a bad day if we didnt move $250,000 a day fri, sat and sunday. so yes there is probably 15-30 million if not more in one walmart...especially for a large city such as new orleans. the shrink defecit they have set up does not cover the store being jacked. again at best buy i believe they gave us around 20k'ish per quarter for stolen items. granted walmart might be higher but again, an entire store? yes it is coming out of our pockets.

and guys assumption was correct for the most part. if walmart is worth 1 billion total, and your entire household including house and everything is worth 300k, that is 3333.33 per one dollar to you. now put that into a homeless guy who has 5 bucks in his pocket....yes you are his walmart so it all comes out in the wash right :)

alright old one. once again how much of that wal-marts merchandise is damanged. then re calculate. you are just assuming that everything is being stolen, and that everything is in perfect condition, which i am sure is not the case. the news just floods you with images, to support their cause. i highly doubt most of wal-mart has been looted, i mean seriously those things are huge. it would take 1000's of people with trucks to clear it completely out, and once again thats saying the items are functioning. i have no idea where you get that it is coming out of my pocket. i am still waiting for an explanation on that. and you have no idea of what my assets may be, so you shouldn't make assumptions based upon nothing.

TCracin440ex
08-31-2005, 09:14 PM
hell if my taxes are going to pay for N/O to be fixed and the stuff thats gonna be stolen...hell imma go down there and steal myself...because in a sence id be payin for it anyways

Pappy
08-31-2005, 09:16 PM
oh and pappy how would it affect me and you? just curious on your thoughts, not saying your wrong, just curious. thanks.

when a company loses profits for any reason, they usually raise prices. so GI Joe with kung fu grip will be costing more this christmas.

also, walmart will get hit with a hefty increase in insurance premiums that will also be passed along to you and I.

Its vendors that will lose revenue due to the stores affected will impact you and I as thier prices are increased to offset the loss.

those who lost employment will surely collect unemployment and while the cost is supposed to be covered by a portion of your payroll and your employer, those who work at the unemployment office are funded by you and I. (very small amount im sure will be allocated to increased work but you get the point)

Butters
08-31-2005, 09:23 PM
when a company loses profits for any reason, they usually raise prices. so GI Joe with kung fu grip will be costing more this christmas.

also, walmart will get hit with a hefty increase in insurance premiums that will also be passed along to you and I.

Its vendors that will lose revenue due to the stores affected will impact you and I as thier prices are increased to offset the loss.

those who lost employment will surely collect unemployment and while the cost is supposed to be covered by a portion of your payroll and your employer, those who work at the unemployment office are funded by you and I. (very small amount im sure will be allocated to increased work but you get the point)

i don't shop at wal-mart is my point so i don't see how it would affect me. i honestly doubt that wal-mart would raise their prices, they don't have to. no matter what people are going to buy from them, wether its from the one in new orleans or the one in dallas. now that this disaster has happened i am sure they will do some food drive thing, and you know what? i'm sure that most people who donate, buy the products from wal-mart. so honestly how big a loss is it for them in the aftermath. shelters are going to have to buy items......who knows maybe they will be in bulk from sams club.....which is an overrated wal-mart. my point is, is that even though they may lose money at this moment, is it really a big loss, due to the whole fact that a lot of their merchandise was ruined by the hurricane. and like i said people will be buying from them out of the usual to donate items. although they may lose money from thieves, wasn't it inevitable to begin with? thats my point.

Pappy
08-31-2005, 09:38 PM
i think you are letting your dislike for walmart affect your judgement between what is moral and what is not. stealing from someone just because you can doesnt make it right no matter who they are...agreed? (thats the point of my rant)

as far as the economics of this, you can bet wally world will come out fine. but if one item I or any other walmart shopper increases due to looters (i honestly dont think it will amount to much from 3 stores) it would be an injustice.

and you are correct on what you have stated. thats why the big get bigger. but they dont get bigger from nothing, that comes from the patrons who shop thier. and using your logic its ok since you dont shop there. (thats my point to you)

walmart donated 1 million dollars to teh relief effort today if i heard correctly. that will be repaid to them from patrons also (your point further proved) but in the end, it still doesnt make it right to steal even if they are the largest retailer in the country. and you can bet they will recoup every dime lost or donated, thats the american way dont you know...lol

bradley300
08-31-2005, 09:49 PM
i also agree that taking the things you NEED is not alright, but given the situation, it should be accepted. I hate to be an ***** but honestly, how much sympathy can you give to a hurricane victime that lives 20 feet below sea level on the the of the ocean? i'm sorry, but they knew this was coming some time, and they took a gamble that they wouldnt see it, they lost. you woudnt build a house on the sun and not expect to get burned right? maybe i'm just cold hearted

TCracin440ex
08-31-2005, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by bradley300
, how much sympathy can you give to a hurricane victime that lives 20 feet below sea level on the the of the ocean?

got enough "THE" in that statement on the the of the ocean

Pappy
08-31-2005, 09:55 PM
i can undertsand them living there, but i cant understand them NOT getting out! i realize elderly and those with no means to do so, but from the old TV there sure seems to be alot of able bodied folks walking around. sure is enough of them with the enrgy to loot from stores..lol

Butters
08-31-2005, 09:56 PM
i'm not going to go on a big spill about the whole moral issue that is at stake here. everyone has different views on what is right and wrong. yeah stealing isn't right, but everyone does it anyway. i mean lets be honest, how many people have never ever stolen anything in some part of their life. i doubt there is very few people. yes i know this really doesn't have much to do with what we are talking about, but i just thought i would add that although it is somewhat irrelevent. as long as it doesn't affect me, i'm not going to worry about it. i know thats selfish, but if i worried about what everyone else was doing i would have tons of problems. sadly enough in todays world, keeping to oneself can be the hardest thing for a person to do. i've boycotted wal-mart in my own respect for a year and a half now. not that that really matters. massive corporations just piss me off.

popo
08-31-2005, 09:56 PM

Um Papp! your caps lock is on.

And no you can't borrow my badge and go on a road trip.

Pappy
08-31-2005, 09:59 PM
BAGDES:confused: WE DONT NEED NO STINKING BADGES:devil:

Atkins
08-31-2005, 10:03 PM
Ill visit ya on death row, Paps!:macho

Snow
08-31-2005, 10:10 PM
werent these the people that were told and begged to leave the country and temporarily move?

popo
08-31-2005, 10:11 PM

I agree wit you .... but maybe our Gov. should ask for some of it back to take care of our own.

I'm willing to bet if the U.S. turned thier head on one country with there hands out for $$$

And spent $$$ on our un-insured laid off workers our health care system would not be in the situation it faces now.

YamaWarr0121
08-31-2005, 10:20 PM
someone said redcross.. red cross takes from 65-85% of each and every donation for "administrative costs" i know this by knowing a person who works very high up in the ranks with them..

so what about your donations? not even getting to them for the most part.. they take it. But yeah, it is better than nothing..

The scaries thing i heard about all this **** was, the alligators and snakes and SHARKS swimming through the streets, eating people.. there are cases of it now, they arne't sure if they are from the aquarium that got hit or the ocean itself!!:eek2:

YamaWarr0121
08-31-2005, 10:20 PM
someone said redcross.. red cross takes from 65-85% of each and every donation for "administrative costs" i know this by knowing a person who works very high up in the ranks with them..

so what about your donations? not even getting to them for the most part.. they take it. But yeah, it is better than nothing..

The scaries thing i heard about all this **** was, the alligators and snakes and SHARKS swimming through the streets, eating people.. there are cases of it now, they arne't sure if they are from the aquarium that got hit or the ocean itself!!:eek2:

400exstud
08-31-2005, 10:49 PM
I think that the people that could have left and didn't are partly at fault because now they need aid and are taking the support that could be used on the people with no choice but to stay.

A 15 year olds explanation of how the looting affects you and me: Lets say that a $2,000 Plasma screen TV gets stolen. The insurence company has to pick up the cost. Instead of loading up the places that got looted the insurence company will lay the cost over all of its customers. That $2,000 TV may cost you $.01 but multiply that by 1,000 or 10,000. It may never add up to that much but it was still caused by low life, welfare suckers (also how they will take your money).

Thats how I see it

Martin Blair
08-31-2005, 11:00 PM
I think this is bs as well, i see nothing wrong with people taking, food, blankets, and other necesities, but all of the flat out stealling is bull****. And not to be racist or anything, but who is doing this? ask yourself that then, ask if thiers a difference.

Personally i would want to try to ride the storm out with my ar by my side, first ****er that walks in my house ant gona have much of a head left.

stocktires
08-31-2005, 11:38 PM
Butters, please open up to what Paps and Guy are saying. I'm not wanting to be a prick to someone I don't know, but IMO your almoston the same side as looters. Studs explanations shows it well. I hate walmart too, but thats what our country is based on, like it or not. I've been thinking alot lately about moving out of state. Come to think of it though, leaving the country may be a better idea. This country is ruining itself like someone said earlier.

troutman561
08-31-2005, 11:45 PM
hmm from reading this all i get from waht butters whats trying to say thats its ok to steal from a big corporation... hmmm i guess that type of stealing is different from stealing from a small place, yeah it makes sense, and someone mention selling the tv's on ebay to get a qucik grand or 2, how do u sell on ebay with no power and ship out with no raods or airports... but anyways after reading this i cant wait for the next hurricane to hit down here again, so then i can go loot walmart and steal some t.v's and computers to help clean my yard up and make my power come one faster and get some gas from a gas station with no power, i mean afterall, its bringing down the big bad corporations that are doing so much bad in our country like being an inconveinient one stop shop and donating to all kinds of causes and charity, damn those *******s

WKY400EX
08-31-2005, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
if I were a store owner I'd have all my buddies out, get guns from the store its self if its a wal-mart or any thing else and I would shoot anyone that came on the property, that outrages me that people would take that stuff that they dont need to live and at a time like this sure as hell arent going to ****ing use. :mad: Yeah, I have to agree with you on this one. Get some chairs, a grill, and some deer rifles, and get on the roof. Hell, make a day of it.:p

Ralph
09-01-2005, 01:13 AM
Im pretty sure walmart and shoprite told em they could take whatever they want. To tell you the truth id be doin the same thing. Especialy since iknow the real thieves would be paying for it, the insurance companys.

And just cause their not showing anyone taking food, doesnt mean their not cause no body wants to see some people loot food. Its just not interesting...

tater_kamik
09-01-2005, 01:25 AM
keesler afb story (http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?storyID=123011512)

here is whats going on at keesler afb, i have some more pics that i will shrink and post

stealing is stealing in my opinion, no matter how large the corporation, or who ends up footing the bill for the lost merchandise. its a shame that something like this shows some peoples true side. remember, locks keep honest people honest

Ralph
09-01-2005, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by tater_kamik
keesler afb story (http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?storyID=123011512)

here is whats going on at keesler afb, i have some more pics that i will shrink and post

stealing is stealing in my opinion, no matter how large the corporation, or who ends up footing the bill for the lost merchandise. its a shame that something like this shows some peoples true side. remember, locks keep honest people honest

I dont think u understand, alot of the large companys TOLD THEM THEY COULD TAKE WHATEVER THEY WANT. That is not stealing and when your house just got 4 flats and is spread across 2 states and u didnt have enough money to get out of the area in the first place you would be an idiot NOT to take something.

tater_kamik
09-01-2005, 02:29 AM
just as long as they arent stealing thats definately ok, and man, im glad im not stationed there at keesler anymore!!

Pappy
09-01-2005, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by Ralph
Im pretty sure walmart and shoprite told em they could take whatever they want. To tell you the truth id be doin the same thing. Especialy since iknow the real thieves would be paying for it, the insurance companys.

And just cause their not showing anyone taking food, doesnt mean their not cause no body wants to see some people loot food. Its just not interesting...

last night, 11pmnews, they were still playing up the looting stories but had moved to footage of folks scavaging for things to survive. it was far different then what was being portrayed early yesterday morning and at noon. i guess the fat black lady with an arms full of purses was getting played out!

last night what i saw was acceptable in my eyes, no consumer electronics being lifted, merely those trying to survive.

and please dont take my position as a backing for walmart...i have great issues with thier business practices, but it doesnt give me the right to roll in and roll out without paying.

250xdude
09-01-2005, 06:22 AM
No comment

http://www.foxnews.com/images/175932/1_23_083105_looters2.jpg

troutman561
09-01-2005, 06:52 AM
ahh the nesessities of life, is family will be drinking well tonight

Trevor
09-01-2005, 07:15 AM
he is one big asset to the world now isn't he!

bayou boy
09-01-2005, 09:49 AM
last night on the local news the guy that owns acadian ambulance was saying that gangs of "natives" were trying to tip over the boats that were trying to evacuate the hospitals so they had to stop that operation. this morning the natives were shooting at the buses and helicoptors evacuating the dome...the mentality of those people is really showing. in all honesty they should use the martial law as a good excuse to kill all those worthless pos excuses for people. these people are the same ones that are probably comitting the crimes on an everyday basis so in the long run they would be better off.....but at the same time the new orleans police are really not much better....they are the rudest most arrogant a holes..ask them a simple question like hey where is this at? and they look at u like you are stupid or give u a smart answer...they are also very corrupt they turn their back on alot of things because they get their little peice of the pie..not to say they are all like that but it is pretty widespread....that is fact..... the cops probably helped homie g carry the tv once they got away from the camera

tater_kamik
09-01-2005, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by 250xdude
No comment

http://www.foxnews.com/images/175932/1_23_083105_looters2.jpg

id be drinking too if i lived there!!:devil:

but he could have chosen a better beer....

Butters
09-01-2005, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by stocktires
Butters, please open up to what Paps and Guy are saying. I'm not wanting to be a prick to someone I don't know, but IMO your almoston the same side as looters. Studs explanations shows it well. I hate walmart too, but thats what our country is based on, like it or not. I've been thinking alot lately about moving out of state. Come to think of it though, leaving the country may be a better idea. This country is ruining itself like someone said earlier.

almost is the key word you said there. i'm not against them, but i'm not really for them. i mean i don't care. its not my problem. and with how big wal-mart is, i don't think it would/will affect us.

tater_kamik
09-01-2005, 10:18 AM
more pics! keesler afb (http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tater_kamik/album?.dir=mail&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos)

400grl
09-01-2005, 10:20 AM
I AM APPALLED AT OUR COUNTRY......our country has become so SISSIFIED and everyone has EQUAL RIGHTS and we are afraid to have any type of DICIPLINE because someone will scream RACISM or FOUL or HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATION!!! This is what we get people........it started with taking dicipline abilities away from our teachers.....and just went sour from there.......

This isn't survival.....this is people getting away with what they can get away with....taking advantage of the situation......rapes....ransacking......tipping over ambulances......robbing MEDICAL SUPPLY TRUCKS on their way to the hospitals with patients who can't be MOVED???? Hospitals are boarded UP and scared to death with these people outside trying to break in!!! What the H*LL is wrong with our COUNTRY????

I say SHOOT THEM - anyone seen looting, robbing someone, breaking into someone's HOUSE because the owner can't get home to defend their property...even LOOKING at a medical unit the wrong way........SHOOT THEM!!! We need a ZERO TOLERANCE here........!!!

:mad: :mad:

iceracer65
09-01-2005, 11:09 AM
all the looting footage reminds me of bagdad after "liberation". looks like we are just as bad as them.

touble is if the poop really starts to hit the fan, most of these ppl would survive cause they have street smarts. other ppl that would survive have common sense (or uncommon sense as i like to call it) it would be all the wealthy ppl that have stuff handed to them their whole lives that wouldnt make it. thats fine with me!

tdsongster
09-01-2005, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by iceracer65
all the looting footage reminds me of bagdad after "liberation". looks like we are just as bad as them.

touble is if the poop really starts to hit the fan, most of these ppl would survive cause they have street smarts. other ppl that would survive have common sense (or uncommon sense as i like to call it) it would be all the wealthy ppl that have stuff handed to them their whole lives that wouldnt make it. thats fine with me!

You got to be kidding. Yeah, I think you are right. I am whipping out my check book for all the people I see on TV calling me every name in the book and flipping me off. Maybe we should send more money to the people who were shooting at the Army helicopter.

These people aren't getting a lot of help because bus drivers, etc are refusing to go in there. They know they would be killed if they showed up with a truck full of food. The news reporters were instructed not to eat or drink anything while in public for fear of violence.

400exrider707
09-01-2005, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by 400grl

I say SHOOT THEM - anyone seen looting, robbing someone, breaking into someone's HOUSE because the owner can't get home to defend their property...even LOOKING at a medical unit the wrong way........SHOOT THEM!!! We need a ZERO TOLERANCE here........!!!

:mad: :mad:

RIGHT ON SISTA!

Isn't just as racist to not shoot because of color. Just by saying something like that just shows that racism still exists. Not taking action because of color is just as bad as taking action because of color. I say just take action and dont worry about race, sex, ANYTHING, SHOOT THOSE SCUMBAGS!

426ex
09-01-2005, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by aLLoY MX 428
The problem is that the majority of the population of New Orleans is of a below poverty level.

The best way to a solution is to drill down to the root cause....root cause here? The whole place is BELOW sea level! If they rebuild New Orleans, someone needs a brain check.

duke416ex
09-01-2005, 11:34 AM
If this entire country gets in that shape those with "street smarts" won't survive over me. I will do what it takes for me, my family and friends. They may think they are tough, but I have a very good ability to put a hole between their eyes at a hundred yards. Stuff hasn't been handed to me all my life, but I'm not white trash either and me or anyone else should stand for those people to act that way. Next time one of them decides to open fire on an army or any chopper, they should have permission to cut down that person and anyone else standing anywhere close to them that looks like they are causing trouble.

iceracer65
09-01-2005, 11:41 AM
im not saying its a good thing they will survive...but in all reality they prolly will:(

Pappy
09-01-2005, 01:31 PM
id like to outfit skynews 7's helicopter with a "60" and let one of them with the stolen walmart 30/30's take a shot. you drop a few and the BS will stop. i have also heard now that armed bands of GOOD CITIZENS are now securing small areas and keeping themselves and property as safe as they can. good for them! there will be a few floating homeboys before this week is over you mark my words.

as far as the race card......you are a product of your enviroment white, black, chicano etc. trash is trash and it comes in all flavors. ive seen plenty of good black folk on the news, its just a shame some are so low life'd that they rape and pilage. animials....plain and simple.

i thought i was done ranting but i geuss not...lol

and street smarts? wth is that...LMAO you watch and see street smarts unfold when this thing really gets going. this weekend will probably see the looting and the carnage be stepped up 10 fold. i garuntee they will start burning anything left standing next.

more proof that us soft americans had better get back to being able to take care of ourselves. this disaster is proving that our police, fire, ems and government officials have absolutley ZERO chance of protecting us from ourselves.

i remeber back right before Y2K, my neighbor was bragging he had spent thousands on food, water reserves, generators, gas...you name it. when he was done, he asked me what i planned on doing. i stated...."i have enough to provide for my family for 3 weeks at any given time, after that i have the firepower and knowledge to overwhelm him and re stock my shelves...lol". the strong survive, unfortunatley so do the stupid!

duke416ex
09-01-2005, 02:22 PM
[

i have enough to provide for my family for 3 weeks at any given time, after that i have the firepower and knowledge to overwhelm him and re stock my shelves...lol". [/B][/QUOTE]

Lol, that's funny right there, I bet the look dropped off his face pretty quick!!!!:D

stocktires
09-01-2005, 02:37 PM
Baton Rouge is now being looted left and right. I've heard of one person being shot in the wal mart parking lot with a buggy full of food. Another person was car jacked. Our office is talking to alot of people in B.R. because we have lots of customers, friends, and a location there. There's thousands of "refugee's" there and are supposed to be about 250,000 or so there in a week. :mad:
Believe me though, Louisiana people can survive. People are cleaning their guns and arming theirselves everywhere. After so long they'll be here in my hometown which is a major town about 45 minutes north of New Orleans. :grr:
I want to hear from somebody in B.R., My friend is coming home from vacation and his girlfriend lives there. Everything I hear is by word of mouth, but it's all been proven true so far which I don't doubt :(
We seriously need military help!

Pappy
09-01-2005, 02:38 PM
it sure did. i plainly explained it all to him very simply.

my family comes first. if at some point the world had fallen into such a state that the only chance of them surviving I would do what ever it took to ensure thier existance over all others. that doesnt mean id go wax my neighbor...lol but you get the point.

and that is why i fully understand the folks in this hurricane aftermath doing what they have to do. but noone has been able to explain why or how a TV or DVD player can sustain me or my family when food and water and shelter are the priority. i could see if they had to barter for food, but that is not the case. its robbery pure and simple. heck, even the picture above with the dude with the beer is fine by me, there is NO potable drinking water to be found!

others have stated that living in that city was mistake #1. i can see how they could come to that conclusion, but in reality we all can be victims of happen-stance. by thier logic, noone should live in california.

i also understand that the states involved do not have "Marshall Law" on thier law books. no matter, things are going to start being dealt with as people begin to move into a protection mode as others continue to be in prey mode. this could easily be washington dc or baltimore, or new york city.

400grl
09-01-2005, 04:06 PM
Pappy, I'm on the exact same page as you are......

and I am looking forward to the looters getting their *****es handed to them......:grr:

APK400exRacer
09-01-2005, 04:19 PM
Anyone here about the guy who shot his sister in the head and killed her over A key word AAAAAA bag of ice? Still wish i could go over there lookin like rambo with ammo all over my body and ready to kill.

standardryder
09-01-2005, 05:05 PM
well the cops are doing soemthing... http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9156612/ about 1/4 page down click slideshow, its the second pic. those poeple were just trying to get out!? but if you notice there all black.... wonder if that would have happened if it was a white family?

bsjoe
09-01-2005, 05:17 PM
yeah, my dad says 50 years ago they used to do that

now they have all the stupid laws in place not allowing us to do that.

The looters are looting gun stores too and shooting helecoptors and cops who are also trying to save the people from their house.

SO the dam looters are preventing people from being saved by shooting the S and R teams saving people.

I agree and say we should shoot them like we used too

400exrider707
09-01-2005, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by standardryder
well the cops are doing soemthing... http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9156612/ about 1/4 page down click slideshow, its the second pic. those poeple were just trying to get out!? but if you notice there all black.... wonder if that would have happened if it was a white family?

OH MAN The looters pictures REALLY irritated me!!! I cant think about it or Im going to say something that gets me banned!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Martin Blair
09-01-2005, 06:16 PM
the problem with this country is we have to be pollitacally corryect pussies and no one will do anything bcause thier afraid of persecusion. If people shoo at a S&R team, or medical supplies or people trying to help other, then should be killed, and strung up as examples, and take a look at the people who are doing this, I hate to say this but thier all black.

That city is one of the dirtiest places ive ever been in my entire life. And I am kinda glad it flooded, maybe make them clea the place up for once.

TCracin440ex
09-01-2005, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by HN400exracer
the problem with this country is we have to be pollitacally corryect pussies and no one will do anything bcause thier afraid of persecusion. If people shoo at a S&R team, or medical supplies or people trying to help other, then should be killed, and strung up as examples, and take a look at the people who are doing this, I hate to say this but thier all black.

That city is one of the dirtiest places ive ever been in my entire life. And I am kinda glad it flooded, maybe make them clea the place up for once.

i say we finish flooding it...and make it like italy...save alot of tax payers money...

tater_kamik
09-01-2005, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by stocktires
Baton Rouge is now being looted left and right. I've heard of one person being shot in the wal mart parking lot with a buggy full of food. Another person was car jacked. Our office is talking to alot of people in B.R. because we have lots of customers, friends, and a location there. There's thousands of "refugee's" there and are supposed to be about 250,000 or so there in a week. :mad:
Believe me though, Louisiana people can survive. People are cleaning their guns and arming theirselves everywhere. After so long they'll be here in my hometown which is a major town about 45 minutes north of New Orleans. :grr:
I want to hear from somebody in B.R., My friend is coming home from vacation and his girlfriend lives there. Everything I hear is by word of mouth, but it's all been proven true so far which I don't doubt :(
We seriously need military help!

military help is a coming, my unit just tasked for relief!

Giz400ex
09-01-2005, 06:23 PM
sorry chief, when it comes to how my tax money is spent i get involved. you may like 36% of your check being pulled out every week but I prefer different. when my home insurance jumps 3 to 5 % from this, same with my car, not too mention the tax money that will no doubt find it's way to the likes of the folks blatenly looting, robbing and who knows what else, i get ticked.

if its alright with you, you can pay my taxes seeing your not concerned. Ok chief!:D What are ya gonna do about it???? Your 36% of your check, home insurance and car insurance jumps!!!! The only thing you can do is cry about it and STILL won't get you anywhere except, pissed off which won't do nothing either. As for people stealing or looting ect... Its done everywhere in this world. This is the kind of world we live in and these are the kind of people that are surrounding us. If there's something you can do about it, go for it!, big guy:D Let me know how ya make out!

Pappy
09-01-2005, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Giz400ex
Ok chief!:D What are ya gonna do about it???? Your 36% of your check, home insurance and car insurance jumps!!!! The only thing you can do is cry about it and STILL won't get you anywhere except, pissed off which won't do nothing either. As for people stealing or looting ect... Its done everywhere in this world. This is the kind of world we live in and these are the kind of people that are surrounding us. If there's something you can do about it, go for it!, big guy:D Let me know how ya make out!

so you suggest just not doing anything? its that type of do nothing attitude that lets the eco nazi's take our riding land. its allows the left wing liberals to take away even more of our rights as citizens of this country, it allows the corrupt governement to continue misappropriating our tax dollars...and i could continue.

i dont run around with a sign, i dont protest, but i do send letters and emails to those that supposedly are looking out for our best intrests! so getting ticked leads to pro action on my part to voice my opinion to those who i feel need to hear it.

so maybe you are right, maybe it accomplishes nothing, but maybe because im just one person and it wont make a difference doesnt mean i will quit trying!

and if i do "make out", ill forget those that didnt help but remained silent and did nothing. im the S.O.B. that throws you out of the life raft if you dont help row!
:cool:

fastrider450r
09-01-2005, 06:33 PM
so you suggest just not doing anything? its that type of do nothing attitude that lets the eco nazi's take our riding land. its allows the left wing liberals to take away even more of our rights as citizens of this country, it allows the corrupt governement to continue misappropriating our tax dollars...and i could continue.

i dont run around with a sign, i dont protest, but i do send letters and emails to those that supposedly are looking out for our best intrests! so getting ticked leads to pro action on my part to voice my opinion to those who i feel need to hear it.

so maybe you are right, maybe it accomplishes nothing, but maybe because im just one person and it wont make a difference doesnt mean i will quit trying!

and if i do "make out", ill forget those that didnt help but remained silent and did nothing. im the S.O.B. that throws you out of the life raft if you dont help row!
:cool:
AMEN PAPPY:macho :macho :macho :macho

Giz400ex
09-01-2005, 06:48 PM

:cool: Sadly to say, that you can try for the rest of your life. If you were a "big cheese" in our government then I would say different. There are millions of you all over and still you can voice "YOUR OPINION" but still won't do much. I'm not saying that I disagree with you on everything in this post! Everybody is feeling it in our pockets now but what can we do about it????.........Nothing!!!!!:confused: :cool:

Pappy
09-01-2005, 06:50 PM
im far to honest to be a big cheese in the government...lmao!

steveatv3
09-01-2005, 06:55 PM
honostly pappy i know how you feel, this world is going to hell in a hand basket.

We are going to start rationing gas in a while and people are getting in fist and knife fights as the gas pumps! I work at a Polaris / GasGas dealer and we are so slow in business because people dont feel like comming in and spending any cash

just now on news there are rapes, beatings and deaths in there OWN SAFTELY SHELTERS!!! wtf folks this is America we are a disgrace to humanity no better then the koreans that eat there children

bigvforcer
09-01-2005, 07:14 PM
Everyone has great points. Martial Law is in effect, this means that the military is the law. This should also mean that you may not fire until fired upon, rules of engagement, you shoot at me I am going to kill you simple as that.

They are shooting because they are not coming to rescue their family. Looters are looting hosptals and doctors and nurses are worried. Humvees should be next to ambulances with .50's mounted on top ready to take out anyone that causes problems.

I read on the internet today that "these are good people for the most part, but these are scared people" and I honestly believe that. Most of these people are probably average citizens but they are scared and freaking out. I know I would be.

Word has it that no volunteers can be sent down until some sort of order is established. I know if I was asked to go right now it would be with my 12 gauge and a pistol by my side!

We can only hope for the best at this time!

09-01-2005, 08:37 PM
now they they cleaned out the walmarts, maybe they'll stop *****ing about reperations for slavery?

popo
09-01-2005, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by bigvforcer
Martial Law is in effect, this means that the military is the law.

Martial Law in NOT in effect. 2,800 National Gaurd troops are on site with another 1400 daily to assist local Police Depts.

The local N.O. P.D. has full power of their city and is using the N.G.

Almost 65 of my deparment officers are on thier way down to assist.

honduh440
09-01-2005, 09:33 PM
atf agents are on the way as welll leaving in the morning. apparently their is a ton of prisoners on the run

Pappy
09-01-2005, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by popo
2,800 National Gaurd troops are on site with another 1400 daily to assist local Police Depts.

thats alot of police officers with no coffee or donuts:eek: i have a feeling th elooting problem will be gone post haste! lol

Atkins
09-01-2005, 09:44 PM
This absolutely disgusted me:

I was watching Fox News, and they were saying that there was a hospital there today that was evacuating patients in ambulances that need immediate medical help. But the had to pull the ambulances out when they began recieving sniper fire from a tall building. What the hell is wrong with people!!! Who the hell attempts to snipe sick people being evacuated in ambulances?!?!?!?! These people are absolutely mentally sick.

Martin Blair
09-01-2005, 09:51 PM
PoPo whats wrong with just shooting these people? I dont know if you know much about the acutal "law." but why cant we just declare martial law and shoot anyone who steals, or trying to prevent aid from reaching those that need it.

TCracin440ex
09-01-2005, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by HN400exracer
PoPo whats wrong with just shooting these people? I dont know if you know much about the acutal "law." but why cant we just declare martial law and shoot anyone who steals, or trying to prevent aid from reaching those that need it.

id like to go down there and do some grand theft auto....

honduh440
09-01-2005, 10:08 PM
those snipers are prisoners they dont give a ****...........

K-Dub
09-01-2005, 10:41 PM
They said the rescue choppers was taking fire last night on the news! Well they are using UH60 Hueys and Blackhawks, the Huey has pental mounts for M-60s and the Blackhawk can use 7.62mm gatlin guns in the doors. Its time to put the machine guns in the doors and start popping in and out to get people like its a hot LZ (landing zone) in Vietnam. Put some Cobra's and Apache's flying cover. Them sobs want to shoot at the rescue choopers, let tje gunships open up with the 20mm nose gun on the Cobra and the 30mm on the Apache, a few Hellfire missle and unguided rockets. Then well see who wants to shoot at the choppers and ambulances. If that dont stop them lets bring in some F/A18 Super Hornets and drop some 500 pounders or napalm!

tater_kamik
09-02-2005, 03:38 AM
Originally posted by K-Dub
They said the rescue choppers was taking fire last night on the news! Well they are using UH60 Hueys and Blackhawks, the Huey has pental mounts for M-60s and the Blackhawk can use 7.62mm gatlin guns in the doors. Its time to put the machine guns in the doors and start popping in and out to get people like its a hot LZ (landing zone) in Vietnam. Put some Cobra's and Apache's flying cover. Them sobs want to shoot at the rescue choopers, let tje gunships open up with the 20mm nose gun on the Cobra and the 30mm on the Apache, a few Hellfire missle and unguided rockets. Then well see who wants to shoot at the choppers and ambulances. If that dont stop them lets bring in some F/A18 Super Hornets and drop some 500 pounders or napalm!

rather use a gunship myself

slamdak8782
09-02-2005, 05:02 AM
Well I dont feel that everyone loading up would be such a great idea. I think there should be a giant group of civilain volunteers and no guns for them there should be a unit of marines to observe and dessimate any resistance to the aid. They should all be working togethor civilian volunteers, marines, army and guard. Also tactical airlift with c17 and c130 should be used to evacuate all affected civilans out to multiple shelters where they can be taken care of. When they recieve the aid they should sign on as temporary employees to earn the aid. Then use them to rebuild or cleanup the area. Putting guns in every civilians hand is not a good idea it is ANARCHY! There is a solution to this problem and it is the leadership of a great democracy. The question is what will be done? Will our government work for us when we are down. If the wheels of democracy are turning smoothly this problem could be fixed in 4 months. Also I think that a recovery group should be sent in to get any canned food that they can allocate for the shelters while at the same time getting people out until the waters recede.

Pappy
09-02-2005, 05:39 AM
next up.....should they rebuild the city?

they knew when the city was built up over the last 80 or so years that this could happen, i feel if they rebuild it like it was that it would be stupidity at its finest hour...lol

bradley300
09-02-2005, 07:18 AM
i think rebuilding would be a huge mistake!

Out_Sider
09-02-2005, 07:29 AM
Rumor was Bush was gonna blame the events from the hurricane on terriorists, and incorporate that into the 'war on terror'

spincr4hire
09-02-2005, 10:13 AM
who are the snipers? what a bunch of f* heads:mad:

jcv400ex
09-02-2005, 10:29 AM
Wow, what a mess down there. First off, they did say that the military men/women being deployed are fresh out of Iraq, and have "shoot to kill when shot upon" orders.

Bush is NOT blaming this on "the war on terror"........:rolleyes:

People are pissed about the response time and all the bodies laying around and being called a "refugee".....boofreakinhooo! I think they've been doing a good job with what they have!!! It's worse than any warzone, and people are working as fast as they can.

The idiots that are rioting down there, shooting choppers, carjacking, etc are too blame for the "lack of response time".

Rebuild the city?!?! What else are we going to do with the 25,000 plus that have been homeless/on welfare from New Orleans? Build them low income housing, get back their jobs at McDonalds, offer them healthcare?!?! It's going to get REAL ugly in the months to come. The people with an education/will to move on, will end up moving to another city and become productive citizens again. The rest of the people will cry and expect the goverment to take care of them for the rest of their lives. Claiming "disability from the hurricane" Too "emotional" to work, carry on a productive life.

All in all, we haven't even cracked this egg yet, it's going to get uglier by the day. The mindset of this entire country will have to change to get past this. From the "rape and pillage"businessmen to the "I'm too lazy to work" bums...... Recession, here we come.......

stocktires
09-02-2005, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
Wow, what a mess down there. First off, they did say that the military men/women being deployed are fresh out of Iraq, and have "shoot to kill when shot upon" orders.

Bush is NOT blaming this on "the war on terror"........:rolleyes:

People are pissed about the response time and all the bodies laying around and being called a "refugee".....boofreakinhooo! I think they've been doing a good job with what they have!!! It's worse than any warzone, and people are working as fast as they can.

The idiots that are rioting down there, shooting choppers, carjacking, etc are too blame for the "lack of response time".

Rebuild the city?!?! What else are we going to do with the 25,000 plus that have been homeless/on welfare from New Orleans? Build them low income housing, get back their jobs at McDonalds, offer them healthcare?!?! It's going to get REAL ugly in the months to come. The people with an education/will to move on, will end up moving to another city and become productive citizens again. The rest of the people will cry and expect the goverment to take care of them for the rest of their lives. Claiming "disability from the hurricane" Too "emotional" to work, carry on a productive life.

All in all, we haven't even cracked this egg yet, it's going to get uglier by the day. The mindset of this entire country will have to change to get past this. From the "rape and pillage"businessmen to the "I'm too lazy to work" bums...... Recession, here we come.......

Extremely true, much more thought out than I'd expect from someone not native to Louisiana. I've started saving money already, I'm getting out of this state heavily populated with morons.

Pappy
09-02-2005, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Out_Sider
Rumor was Bush was gonna blame the events from the hurricane on terriorists, and incorporate that into the 'war on terror'

rumor also has it that the rescue effort was being hampered because there wasnt any televisions for those planning rescue operations to view video feed from the helicopters. they had generators, but no TV's.

if they had tv's, they could have seen them being toted away to the homeboy shopping network...lmfao!

WKY400EX
09-02-2005, 04:14 PM
next up.....should they rebuild the city?

they knew when the city was built up over the last 80 or so years that this could happen, i feel if they rebuild it like it was that it would be stupidity at its finest hour...lol I totally agree. If they rebuild New Orleans, it will take YEARS to get it back to where it was (if that could ever be done.) Considering that the weather has been so strange and unpredictable in the past couple of years, and that New Orleans is several feet below sea level, I feel that it'd be ignorant to rebuild. The survivors should count their blessings & get out of there.

Tommy 17
09-02-2005, 04:19 PM
NO MORE MARDI GRAS!!!!!!!!!!:(

i was gonna go next year haha... o well mayb psu will take over the priviledges haha

Pappy
09-02-2005, 04:21 PM
oh you can bet they will rebuild, there is too much money to be made. not too mention we need the port.

i just hope they take into consideration they would be rebuilding below sea level...but hey...they have been told since the 60's that the levee's would not hold, they were told that even additions to the levee's would not hold, heck they knew what would happen they just didnt think it would.

and why isnt anyone telling the media that the storm went from a cat1 to a cat 5 and left what???? 2 days notice for the evacuation? you cant get across town with no storm in rush hour much less move the majority of the population to safety(ofcourse where was safe?)

when it comes to mother nature....we dont mean squat!

Jake250ex
09-02-2005, 05:00 PM
i also agree that taking the things you NEED is not alright, but given the situation, it should be accepted. I hate to be an ***** but honestly, how much sympathy can you give to a hurricane victime that lives 20 feet below sea level on the the of the ocean? i'm sorry, but they knew this was coming some time, and they took a gamble that they wouldnt see it, they lost. you woudnt build a house on the sun and not expect to get burned right? maybe i'm just cold hearted

THANK YOU!!!

I honestly cannot feel any symapthy for a bunch of people that were warned with plenty of time in advance, didnt leave and are now suffering the consequnces. On top of that they have the balls to be protesting and complaining of how bad they have it :mad:

bayou boy
09-03-2005, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Jake250ex
THANK YOU!!!

I honestly cannot feel any symapthy for a bunch of people that were warned with plenty of time in advance, didnt leave and are now suffering the consequnces. On top of that they have the balls to be protesting and complaining of how bad they have it :mad:
you my friend are an idiot....:D but any way...yes the city is under sea level and they will rebuild it...for those of you who think they should not...well the next time a tornado passes thru your mid west or an earthquake hits your sunny california or your river in ohio or wherever floods it banks due to a rain maybe they shoud not rebuild it either. I mean why waste the money on an area prone to a disaster;) the people down here have been saying for years something bad would happen....why? coastal erosion for one due to the oil companies digging their canals in our marshes and running with the profits and the mississippi river is contained in its levee where it cannot deposit its silt through out the marsh system like it used to way back before levees. read up on this there is alot of info on it..another reason...if you look at the damage on tv of new orleans compared to biloxi there is a big difference. biloxi is devastated due to wind damage and storm surge. notice in new orleans there is wind damage but most of the damage is caused by levee failue that happened after the storm...they have been saying for years that it needed to be upgraded..why had it not been done...our fine federal gvt. slashed the funding for it....which would include all your fine senators and congressmen from all over the country including the bush administration..a prime example of you can pay me now or you can pay me later. now we all have to pay in a bigger way due to political games. before the hurricane when they were calling for evacuation the mayor well said people needed to get out. that the dome was a shelter of last resort. that when the power went out it would not be a pleasant place to be. but people drove there anyway...this storm was different in the way that it left little time to get out..when you are talking about mass evacuation. I think the relief effort is flawed also..there are local restaurants and such that were trying to cook food and bring water and ice to the city...we volunteered wednesday to help bring supplies to the city with our trucks and trailers....we gave our names and numbers they had a big list...well its saturday and no call yet..whats up with that? they still have the road to new orleans blocked with a check point also...the only traffic pretty much on that road is busses leaving..

Bush0102
09-03-2005, 09:41 AM
many of the people stranded in the city were too poor to leave or couldn't find accomodations outside of the city.

But my question is:

What are you going to do with the flatscreen you just stole? Go home and plug it in?

zeppelin
09-03-2005, 09:50 AM
yeah yall think the looting from those department stores is bad, check out mississipi where people are being shott over bags of ice

Jake250ex
09-03-2005, 09:50 AM
you my friend are an idiot....

What makes you any different than me? I was just stating an opinion. Whether you think I'm wrong or not, you and I are contributing the exact same amount for the releif fund : nothing. Instead of trying to help these guys, your on your computer in your soft warm daffy duck slippers bashing me - WAY TO GO! :rolleyes:

Have a nice day.