PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket 300ex heatshield??

YZ400EX
08-31-2005, 02:52 PM
I really need an aftermarket heatshield for our 300ex, but I cant find one anywhere..The headpipe we have doesnt have the nuts on it to bolt on a stock heatshield and I cant find anything that will work anywhere..Does anyone have any ideas as to where to get some kind of aftermarket heatshield for this headpipe that wouldnt require me to weld the little nuts on the headpipe?? Thanks

300exOH
08-31-2005, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by YZ400EX
I really need an aftermarket heatshield for our 300ex, but I cant find one anywhere..The headpipe we have doesnt have the nuts on it to bolt on a stock heatshield and I cant find anything that will work anywhere..Does anyone have any ideas as to where to get some kind of aftermarket heatshield for this headpipe that wouldnt require me to weld the little nuts on the headpipe?? Thanks

Not sure what pipe you have but a 450r heat sheild works great on the sparks x4

YZ400EX
08-31-2005, 03:44 PM
Here is a pic of mine and what it looks like..It is a White Brothers headpipe..That heatshield on yours really fits good..Does yours have the nuts on it already to mount the shield to or how does it mount?? Let me know..Thanks

300exOH
08-31-2005, 04:57 PM
Here is a pic of mine and what it looks like..It is a White Brothers headpipe..That heatshield on yours really fits good..Does yours have the nuts on it already to mount the shield to or how does it mount?? Let me know..Thanks

I used the stock clamps,mounts and bolts from the 450r heat shield. It just clamps around the headpipe and fits great.

YZ400EX
08-31-2005, 04:59 PM
Awesome..I will try and find me one now..Your pipe does look a little different than mine, but it should still work..Thanks for the info..

300exOH
08-31-2005, 05:12 PM
Awesome..I will try and find me one now..Your pipe does look a little different than mine, but it should still work..Thanks for the info..

I'm pretty sure it will work for you. It looks like your pipe has a slightly different bend at the front but it should line up okay.