PDA

View Full Version : Few things that knida bug me that could be looked at.

andybellus
08-31-2005, 12:40 PM
Knowing how to get to the "Search" page so you can search all of the forums at the same time is to dificult. Maybe I missed where the easy link is, but I have to get to it by going to most recent threads then click search in the bread crumb trail at the top of the page. Also I hate the fact I can search for three letter words. Any reason to the 4 letter limit? Hope this helps, love the site, keep up the good work.

2004exrider
08-31-2005, 07:25 PM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/search.php

if you have a three letter word put a * after it.
ex: hmf* fmf* etc...

Jimmy

andybellus
09-01-2005, 12:03 AM
Cool,I didn't know that. Now I feel like an idiot. Oh well..

wilkin250r
09-13-2005, 06:25 PM
I have very rarely come across a need to search the entire message board, all forums at once. Typically, if you have an engine question for a 400EX, you will search the powertrain forum and possibly the 400EX section.

There's no need to search the open forum, For Sale, race coverage, or Dune Section if you have a question about how to adjust your shocks.

You did know that there is a search field at the bottom of each forum section page, right?

Pappy
09-13-2005, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r

You did know that there is a search field at the bottom of each forum section page, right?

now adding that info to my brain:p damn wilkin, it is true you learn something everyday:D

Quad18star
09-14-2005, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
I have very rarely come across a need to search the entire message board, all forums at once. Typically, if you have an engine question for a 400EX, you will search the powertrain forum and possibly the 400EX section.

There's no need to search the open forum, For Sale, race coverage, or Dune Section if you have a question about how to adjust your shocks.

Well I'll be damned , there is a search for a specific forum . I never noticed that before . Thanks for the info . :D