PDA

View Full Version : something needs to be done at the extreme dirt track nationals

iceracer65
08-31-2005, 11:11 AM
something needs to be done about the red flags at the extreme dirt track nationals.

there have been a few times this year where riders have been laying in VERY bad spots on the track. one happened right in front of me in danville, the rider was down for at least 4 laps and the emergency crew couldnt get to him cause of the layout of the track. another was last weekend when mandi brodil went down VERY hard in the womans class.

i know smitty says its cause he doesnt want ppl "playing possum" and hoping for a restart. i think they need to get rid of their mx frame of mind when they come to the dirt tracks. not only are we going 40mph faster than mx'ers when these get offs occur, but our lap times are always less than a minute, giving the EMT's no time to reach the rider between laps.

i think if the rider is in a prone postion on the track or is obvioulsy knocked out or hurt the race should be red flagged. we have been lucky that none of the above mentioned accidents have had serious injuries that would have needed immediate medical attention.

if the rider is able to restart the race, i think they should do it from the penalty line so playing possum wont be an advantage.

thanks,
#65 Jason Miller, 4 stroke/production A