PDA

View Full Version : Dust to Glory!!!! Watch it!!

jlhughes750
08-31-2005, 07:42 AM
Everybody thats really into racing has to see this movie!!!

I have to thank Dana Brown for going through with the movie!! It was just amazing!

Its the story of the 2003 Baja 1000...........all i can say is watch it,turn it up loud, and get into it............. There is nothing bad to say about this movie!!!

I've had a dream of one day racing or being involved with the 1000......so to me this movie was very intense!!!!

One man "mouse" McCoy runs the entire race himself, finishing i think 10 th overall in 18 hours!!!!! Mouse is a legend, a young legend...... Also showed lots of footage and coverage of JN Roberts...........JN was someone that I read about as a kid........He won the first ever 1000 in the 60's on a bike!!!! He teamed up with his son and another guy and got to finish the race for the team!!

go rent it and watch it!!! Let me know what u think.......... good thoughts only of course!!! I have nothing at all negetive to say about this film it was great!!!!!!!!

Davids440ex
08-31-2005, 10:42 AM
i got to see it befor it came out and i was on the edge of my seat the whole time, it is one hell of a movie, one of those movies that makes your hands sweat

cletusEX
08-31-2005, 03:45 PM
Just watched it last night and loved every minute of it. Definitely a must see for any type of racer. The footage and story of "Mouse" McCoy definitely will make you think that next time you start thinking about quitting during any kind of race.

Rdogg450
08-31-2005, 06:33 PM
Can you rent this movie at Blockbuster????? Sounds cool!:cool:

QuadJunkies
09-01-2005, 12:03 AM
I bought it.. LOVED it.. But was VERY dissapointed to see only a few seconds of quads in it ... :ermm: Its a very good movie to buy... I reccomend...

woodsracer420
09-01-2005, 06:25 PM
if you never thought about racing the baja 1000, you will after you watch this!

QuadRacer041
09-03-2005, 05:37 AM
rented it last night from BLOCKBUSTER, it was a good movie.very intense and at some points very funny, i loved seeing that truck hit the motor home...and just keep going like nothing happened.looked like it was real dangerous being a spectator there.those people are nuts.

Vtr_Racing
09-06-2005, 09:59 PM
Awesome video/movie...... Dana Brown and crew did a spectacular job on it. I hoped it would have done better in the movies and hopefully it will do better on DVD. We watched this project come together from the start. Pretty awesome......There was some major controversy with the beach running when it was reported that they had it caught on film.

CannondaleRider
09-06-2005, 11:36 PM
Yeah, i can understand the controversy......but, he didn't gain much on the Honda B team did he? lol

I love that part, one of those "bad choice, wasn't it?" kind of moments:macho

jlhughes750
09-08-2005, 07:55 AM
he probably just burned extra fuel for no reason....and no he had not gained anytime at all.....

I loved the father son moment for the McMillan family when they were in the buggy/truggy.............. the dad was co driving with the 16 yo boy racing his first ever 1000...... he talks him around a trophy truck (faster class that started ahead of him!!!) that he had caught!!!:eek2: ......... the dad is trying to explain how to use the horn first and then lightly bump them........the kid plows the truck and basically movves him outta the way, the guy yeilds immediatly!!!! the dad comments as they pass by........."now your runnin with the big boys son"!!!

THAT WAS GREAT!!!!!!

jcs327
09-10-2005, 05:07 AM
great movie. I am deployed to Iraq and found it at our local Hodgie shop. Best two dollars I have ever spent. Great movie but should have shown more quads.

KILLSWITCHngage
09-11-2005, 08:23 PM
it was a cool movie. more atvs would have been cool. its awsome that a movie gets revolved around the toughest peeps in the world doing this race. talk about athletes. the top milliondallar paid athletes inthe world cant compare to off road racers especially in the Baja, where most of them dont even get a dime from it just PRIDE.. be awsome to see a such type movie on GNCC racing.

PANCHEKE
09-11-2005, 10:11 PM
If you guys loved the movie, you should be there in person , nothing like it! !!!!!!!! I raced in the 90's on a class 5 unlimited baja bug, now were doing it on a quad,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it gets hairy , but love it !!!!

cinigen9
09-12-2005, 07:43 AM
awesome movie!

dont rent it, buy it - $19.

You will want to watch it over and over again!

Carson

maynard22
09-12-2005, 08:40 AM
Watched it twice in a row last night. Great movie! I can't believe more spectators don't get killed out there, they are insanely close to the action, one slip up and a truck could out take a hundred people. Mouse is insane!!!

YFZracer#450
09-19-2005, 04:01 PM
I finally watched it last night!! This movie was GREAT! It's funny when "Mouse" told the same story like the last 3 pit stops in a row.. But the "Silt" was crazy:eek2: It could have shown more Quads, but it was still good!! I also can't beleive those Trophy trucks with the 3 foot of suspension. Coming around the corner in town and lifting that whole left front tire off the ground.. That was sweeeet!!

the yazer
09-19-2005, 04:57 PM
great movie ............. I like the part when the black #3 trophy truck slides into the rv. bounces off and keeps on going

CannondaleRider
09-19-2005, 05:09 PM
haha, I think its funny how you guys think some of the stuff is crazy(speeds, silt, etc.)

Then I look at where you guys are from and understand why, lol

Desert racing is some crazy(but awsome) stuff.:D

jlhughes750
09-20-2005, 07:20 AM
the RV smashing was one of my favorites too!!!:devil:

jeepnrocks
09-21-2005, 02:50 PM
One of the best movies I have ever seen.... not motorsports movies, not documentaries... Just flat out one of the best films I have ever watched. You have a whole new respect for the guys and gals that participate in that event after watching it.
I was hoping their was going to be a lot of quads but after about the first 5 minutes I was glued and never even thought about it again