PDA

View Full Version : Does a new pipe really help?

06-07-2002, 09:42 PM
Hey guys

Does it really wake up the 400 or is it just noise? I dont mind the noise but my dad doesn't like it . I think if I get your help I can convince him it will increase the performance and not just make it noisier.

Yellow 400ex, Dg skids on A-arms and swingarm and a PRM front bumper.

06-07-2002, 10:10 PM
it will be quite a bit noisier, but the low end power is excellent. i could beat a stock 400ex by 3-4 bike lengths after the pipe. but if u do pipe it. i suggest putting the jets and k&n filter kit on it. the power kit is 105.00 with all the cleaning solutions and stuff. the pipe helps, but with the k&n power kit, the power is incredible. here is a pic of my pipe. sorry its a secret what kind it is. lol

Sparky416ex
06-07-2002, 11:06 PM
Yep it helps and your dad knows it.Its proly the money hes not wanting to spend. But yes it helps alot

twisted threads
06-08-2002, 01:40 AM
No, dont buy one they don't help at all they are a waste of money Just Kidding:) I have had a fmf power core4 a WB and now a Yoshi and I like the Yoshi the best but the WB make kill bottom end.

DEAL
06-08-2002, 05:31 PM
I honestly don't think they make a big enough gain for the amount of money you pay for them.

PoopOna400EX
06-09-2002, 06:15 PM
The biggest improvement I've noticed with my WB E-Series is the bottom end power when climbing steep hills. The stocker used to start boggin down at the top of the hill, now I can just hammer it at the top and it will stick it to the ground and take off...

I don't think it helped me on top end, but for me it was worth it just for the bottom end alone...

~Jason