PDA

View Full Version : brake bleeding help

dodgeram14jr
08-30-2005, 05:03 PM
i need help bleeding my brake in the rear. i keep pumping the pedal with the bleeder screw open and closed. and nothing happened. nothing out of the bleeder. and the fluid level in the resovoir never went down. so what am i doing wrong.please help

08-30-2005, 08:12 PM
close the bleeder
pump the petal slowly
push petal on and hold pressure
open bleeder
close bleeder

repeat 2 milion times and u are done. make shure to have the level of fluid in resivor stay full. if u get 1 tiny air bubble u get to start over.

Old Head
09-01-2005, 05:44 PM
Bleeding breaks on a quad takes much longer than a car just be sure to close bleeder each time before letting up off of the pedal

Sjorge450R
09-09-2005, 08:14 PM
next time you change your pads, c clamp the cylinder down so that bleeding is not nessacary, thats what i do.

Jersey450R
10-06-2005, 04:59 AM
You dont even have to worry about bleeding them if you dont let any brake fluid leak out ;)

10-06-2005, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
next time you change your pads, c clamp the cylinder down so that bleeding is not nessacary, thats what i do. thats what i do

Knarf0486
10-15-2005, 12:48 PM
bleeding the brakes is a pain. if your not getting any fluid out jsut make sure the bleeder is open enough sounds to me like it might not be. just my two cents.

JOEX
10-15-2005, 08:14 PM
I thought it was fairly easy, took me 15-20 minutes each to do the front and back with new lines:eek:

pigeon-13
10-21-2005, 06:21 PM
easy fill resevoir full leave the cover off over night buy the next morning you line will be full and 10 mins of bleeding you done.

craftyex
10-21-2005, 07:37 PM
you should do a search and you will find some good threads on this topic. i will try to explain what i do to bleed my brakes. i use a small piece off air line hose, can be purchased from an aquarium/pet store. connect it to your bleeder valve and put he other end summerged in a jar with some fluid in it (this way you will not suck air back into the valve). once you have this setup, open the bleeder valve and open the reservoir cap and start pumping the brakes making sure to keep the reservoir filled up with fluid. you will see air bubbles coming out of the end of the hose that is summerged in the fluid. once the air bubbles stop you can stop pumping the brakes. tighten up your bleeder valve, remove hose and make sure your reservoir is filled up. put cap back on reservoir and you are good to go.

reign24
10-27-2005, 01:42 PM
you have to pump the crap out of the brake. sometimes until your arm gets sore. eventually you will feel resistance building up.

ex101
10-27-2005, 09:16 PM
Don't leave the cover off for long,brake fluid absorbs water"humidity"etc.

shorgasm
10-30-2005, 12:10 PM
1..Brake fluid is a sponge..any moisture in the air will be absorbed into it.
2..Bleeding fluid is as easy as chanign oil..once you understand the reasons it is unreal simple.
3.Old brake fluid is crap.It gets hot and it absorbs moisture from heat build up.You should change it once a year or once it turns black.
4..They make vacumm pumps and sell them at autoparts store..cheap and work perfectly.Not to mention fast.They pump fluid from the caliper to the resevoir.