PDA

View Full Version : brake bleeding help

dodgeram14jr
08-30-2005, 05:01 PM
i need help bleeding my brake in the rear. i keep pumping the pedal with the bleeder screw open and closed. and nothing happened. nothing out of the bleeder. and the fluid level in the resovoir never went down. so what am i doing wrong.please help

BlueZ440
08-30-2005, 06:51 PM
ok...hopefully I can explain this..

have a friend help you...

Pump the break pedal 3 times and hold down(don't let go) open the bleeder(the pedal will go down more). Close the bleeder.

Now pump 3 times again.(hold down)^^^^^^^^

repeat this step for awhile..until the pedal gets harder and make sure you keep the fluid full when doing this.

yfz128y
08-31-2005, 10:05 AM
I have one of those brake bleeding tools from Motion Pro and they really help with cutting down the time it takes to bleed them. I've also seen a bleeding tool that sucks the fluid through like a vacum and that thing will make it a sub 5 miniute job. bluez440 said it best for doing it with out the tools I described.

300exOH
08-31-2005, 11:09 AM
You can pick up a brake bleeding kit from an auto parts store. They work very well and they are much faster than doing it manually. I believe it is called a mitivac brake bleeder kit.

dodgeram14jr
08-31-2005, 11:32 AM
i was manually doing it for almost a half hour and still nothing. how much does the kit cost???

300exOH
08-31-2005, 11:35 AM
I think I only paid around $20-$25 for the bleeder kit. They have one that is metal but it's a little more money. Mine is made of plastic. It works great though. It is also nice for sucking the old fluid out of the brake reservoir before bleeding. It has a few other uses too but I can't remember what they are.I got mine at autozone but I'm sure napa and others will carry it.

redrunner
08-31-2005, 12:14 PM
Tell you the old fashion way...put a 1/4" hose on you bleeder open it up and suck it through the line. Stock line are tougher than S.S. but I did my fronts in about 5 minutes.
Oh and yeah brake fluid tastes like crap.

Sandgod4
10-09-2005, 02:17 PM
Break the seal on the rezzy and leave the cap on. Fill rezzy up also. Wedge a hammer between the brake pedal and frame pushing down on pedal. Come back in 12hrs and you will have 100% of your rear brake working. Tighten up rezzy cap. Your done..