PDA

View Full Version : Whohooo...my scanner works..lol

Pappy
08-30-2005, 03:04 PM
Finally, after months of throwing a fit I got it working.

Now I can show you young pups some old school quad riding...lmfao

How about some freestyle from 1989 on a PINK LT500:devil:

Tator salad
08-30-2005, 03:10 PM
:eek2:

bulkdriverlp
08-30-2005, 03:11 PM
thats cool, i just bought me a flat-bed scanner that is supposed to enhance old photos. ill never buy one of those all-in-one things again. nice pic btw

Pappy
08-30-2005, 03:11 PM
geez, i finally get out front and the pic sucks..lmao!

DH400EX
08-30-2005, 03:12 PM
triicck! post some more old school , should be interestin to see.

Pappy
08-30-2005, 03:13 PM
the days before anyone ever heard of making a quad look better then it runs...ROTFLMAO!

my beast had the custom black tape 111:macho

Pappy
08-30-2005, 03:15 PM
my buddy starting to reassemble after hitting another biddy and then a train:huh

Warnerade
08-30-2005, 03:15 PM
pappy...dont you have a pic on your first 400ex casing a jump or something?

i remember seeing it a few years ago, its pretty damn good.

Pappy
08-30-2005, 03:18 PM
you mean this one:confused: i worked up the nerve to do it, and this is the only pic that remotely showed me jumping..lol

Pappy
08-30-2005, 03:22 PM
the second quad in the above metioned train wreck..lol

it ended up in a tree down an embankment and it took a backhoe to lift it out:eek2:

Warnerade
08-30-2005, 03:24 PM
nop thats not it.....it was a pretty close shot, looked like you were about to lose it. I think it was at one of the exriders rides maybe?

Pappy
08-30-2005, 03:25 PM
1989....papster as a pup..lol thats my youngest brother in my lap, he is taller then i am now:ermm:

Pappy
08-30-2005, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
nop thats not it.....it was a pretty close shot, looked like you were about to lose it. I think it was at one of the exriders rides maybe?

not sure...maybe this one? thats the same jump as above but cody really zoomed in on the landing...lol

Warnerade
08-30-2005, 03:29 PM
nah, it looked like you were almost about to lose it....maybe it wasnt you, ah well...

MXcutie
08-30-2005, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
1989....papster as a pup..lol thats my youngest brother in my lap, he is taller then i am now:ermm:

lol we use to have the same green colored siding on our house.... and Pappy i think you just really showed your age by stating that was your little brother on your lap... its ok tho :)

MXRACER86
08-30-2005, 03:32 PM
Let's see some more pics!

Pappy
08-30-2005, 03:35 PM
once i was done with the quad thing, my attention went to the 5.0

LTandRaptorider
08-30-2005, 03:35 PM
Finally, after months of throwing a fit I got it working.

Now I can show you young pups some old school quad riding...lmfao

How about some freestyle from 1989 on a PINK LT500:devil:

That would look GREAT in the back of my truck!!! :D :p :o

Pappy
08-30-2005, 03:43 PM
Thats me...with my "SHARK" lol They said i kept calling it a shark, it is indeed a flounder. back then (1973) there were no size restrictions as today. Ofcourse my dad's Jeep in the background.

MOFO
08-30-2005, 04:02 PM
Nice pictures! What I'm interested is the "train" wreck with the Zuki? :confused: :eek2:

JDiablo
08-30-2005, 04:07 PM
HAHA omfg,this is going to be one of them threads where pappy is going to have one pic where someone is going to keep on posting it in the future,lol

Yes i want to hear about the train wreck too,lol

Martin Blair
08-30-2005, 04:09 PM
ok now maybe ill have my dad pull out the old truck in pics form the 70s

Pappy
08-30-2005, 04:09 PM
The train wreck....

my 2 buddies hooked work and went riding from my house onto the railroad tracks. we could literally go for almost unlimited distances in either direction with miles and miles of trails to each side.

When the day was done, they took off, one following the other with a decent amount of distance due to the bad dust. A train came along and they took off WFO, they had reached an area where they would need to cross so the 1st rider locked up his brakes and slide her sideways, never thinking that the 2nd rider was WFO on his dust trail on his LT500:eek:

Rider #1 bailed backwards just in time as rider#2 hit him broadside sending his quad airborne and into the passing train. the quad ricocheted off the train and ended up tangled in tree limbs so high they had to fetch a backhoe to hoist it out of there.

noone was hurt other then pride. both quads needed new frames and tons of parts, but were riding again in 6 months. (it took that long to get the frames from japan!)

MOFO
08-30-2005, 04:12 PM
The train wreck....

my 2 buddies hooked work and went riding from my house onto the railroad tracks. we could literally go for almost unlimited distances in either direction with miles and miles of trails to each side.

When the day was done, they took off, one following the other with a decent amount of distance due to the bad dust. A train came along and they took off WFO, they had reached an area where they would need to cross so the 1st rider locked up his brakes and slide her sideways, never thinking that the 2nd rider was WFO on his dust trail on his LT500:eek:

Rider #1 bailed backwards just in time as rider#2 hit him broadside sending his quad airborne and into the passing train. the quad ricocheted off the train and ended up tangled in tree limbs so high they had to fetch a backhoe to hoist it out of there.

noone was hurt other then pride. both quads needed new frames and tons of parts, but were riding again in 6 months. (it took that long to get the frames from japan!)

damn! I know we used to do alot of riding on the tracks where I used to live. Those guys are lucky!!!

cletusEX
08-30-2005, 05:07 PM
Haha, those pics are great. I love looking at old school quad and dirtbike pictures. One of the guys we race with used to have pink fenders on his 250x in the early 90's, his Blackwater 100 days. I guess it was "in" back then :rolleyes: Lol j/k all you old timers! Keep 'em coming if you have more Kenny.

Warnerade
08-30-2005, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by cletusEX
Haha, those pics are great. I love looking at old school quad and dirtbike pictures. One of the guys we race with used to have pink fenders on his 250x in the early 90's, his Blackwater 100 days. I guess it was "in" back then :rolleyes: Lol j/k all you old timers! Keep 'em coming if you have more Kenny. whats realy funny to see is the pink riding gear..lol

couple years ago me and my buddy would ride everday...his dad still had a pair of those things sitting around, my buddy put em on to ride one day...it was hilarious, lmfao

Pappy
08-30-2005, 07:35 PM
geez, i geuss i shouldnt mention i saved 2 months so i could buy a new day-glo pink chest protector:(

i feel real old...geuss who this is:ermm:

TheFontMaster
08-30-2005, 09:25 PM
geez, i geuss i shouldnt mention i saved 2 months so i could buy a new day-glo pink chest protector:(

i feel real old...geuss who this is:ermm:

I'm gonna bet it's Cody.

I can just imagine the sight that wreck with the lt250, zilla, and train.:eek2: Just the thought of that 250 hitting a train and flying though the air and landing in a tree, thats just too good.

Pappy
08-31-2005, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
I'm gonna bet it's Cody.

I can just imagine the sight that wreck with the lt250, zilla, and train.:eek2: Just the thought of that 250 hitting a train and flying though the air and landing in a tree, thats just too good.

they are LT500's, not 250's...lol we all had 500's back in the day:o

yes, thats cody on his ultra wicked badarse battery powered killa quad:p