PDA

View Full Version : 2 stroke jetting

lt250r92
08-30-2005, 12:23 PM
I recently just had my whole motor rebulit on my lt250r and now it wont run right its fouls plugs n throws clouds of smoke out. im runin 32:1 klotz the carb has a 260 main 30 pilot jet the jet needle is a 63 on the second clip and my air screw is between 1 and a half to 2 turns out n it still wont run right. i am wondering if my reeds have anything to do with this. Any help would be great thanks.

wilkin250r
08-30-2005, 05:14 PM
Who rebuilt your motor?

Jetting isn't an exact science. I hate to tell you, but you can't just post your jetting info on here, and expect somebody else to reply and correct all your problems. This is especially true for the LT250, they're not as common.

You have one of two choices, I think. Start doing research yourself, which will take hours upon hours, and learn how to do your own jetting. Or, pay somebody else to do it.

Tom TRX250R
08-30-2005, 06:01 PM
Wilkin250R is right, every motor is different when it comes to jetting, I have three friends with R's who all run different jetting with the same mods done. My advice to you would be to check the reeds, and then buy about 2-3 sizes up and down on the main jet and experiment. Do plug chops until the plug is a brownish color.