PDA

View Full Version : Air Filters

06-07-2002, 09:01 PM
Hey everyone

I wanna know which one is better K & N or Uni also will it screw my bike up to take the airbox cap off if I ride in dusty areas?

Yellow 400ex with PRM desert bumper, DG skids on A-arms and swingarm and nerf bars

06-07-2002, 09:11 PM
Personally i like K&N. I ride with no airbox lid in dusty conditions. I have an outerwear on my K&N but i clean mine after every 2 rides. I dont like uni.

tprender
06-08-2002, 05:40 AM
There is nothing wrong with the Uni filter. The K&N will flow more air, but you must run an Outerswear cover on the filter. If you do not if will let dust into the engine. Being that you ride in dusty conditions, then you must run the Outerswear cover. You might also clean it after every ride just to be safe.

Wheelie
06-08-2002, 10:48 AM
I've had good luck with the K&N. Riding in dusty conditions without the airbox lid shouldn't present a problem as long as you keep the filter clean, well oiled, and use an outerwear.

NavyDMO
06-08-2002, 11:08 AM
I run an UNI with an outerwears on it and the lid off. The bad thing about the UNI is that its a friggin oily sticky mess and getting the outerwears over it is a *****. Plus the outerwears gets oily too. I use the outerwears because its water repellent and you need that up here in westen Washington

Tlongs400
06-08-2002, 11:42 AM
YEA GO WITH K@N PUT A PRE-FILTER AND A OUTERWEARS LID COVER ON IT AND U SHOULD BE FINE--BUT CLean it alot