PDA

View Full Version : Can an aftermarket oil cooler fit my quad?

Rastus
06-07-2002, 08:46 PM
just wondering if any companies had one, or if i could even put one on my quad.

"BLAHH"300!!
06-07-2002, 11:09 PM
think so...try, fourstroketech.com go there just to get an idea about it, you can buy from somewhere else if you want...
i know they have one for the 300ex, and i think it's around 500$ not sure though.it's been a while since i looked at one.

oh yeah, if your on aol and can't get the site to load all the way, try a differant server. i use netscape to view it.

R-Crazy
06-08-2002, 11:29 AM
FST (four stroke tech)!!! i have it and it awsome. lightwieght and easy to install. just call them and ask for it.

dave

R-Crazy
06-08-2002, 11:30 AM
FST (four stroke tech)!!! i have it and it awsome. lightwieght and easy to install. just call them and ask for it. BTW it is 100 bucks.

dave

Rastus
06-09-2002, 02:29 PM
I was wondering if i could mount it behind my scoops also.
Any ideas?

Thanks guys.

Rastus
06-09-2002, 03:09 PM
I couldnt find any links to the 300EX oil cooler, but i did find the 400EX cooler.I dont know if its the same thing or not, but thanks alot guys.Man, that oil cooling would help alot with a big bore kit. W00T!!

"BLAHH"300!!
06-10-2002, 12:54 PM
hey man,
do you have any problems' with that cooler mounted right in front like that. i ride alot of trail's and i c0uld just see a nice stick ramming up in there and busting through those weak *** line's. if nothing else bending the vent's up real good. have you thought of making some sort of screen for it?

the line's in that thing are about like the line's on an airconditioner right? that's why i called em' weak. couse with the a/c line's, you can bust em' with a slight tap of a screw driver.
or do they seam stronger than that?

also. take a pic of where the line's go in the motor, where do they go in and come out of the engine at?

Rastus
06-10-2002, 03:03 PM
Do you know where the oil pipe comes out of the clutch cover?
Well, you take the pipe off, put a line to the cooler, run a line back from the cooler, and connect it to where the stock oil pipe comes up to the cam.

Yeah, some pics would be cool.
There are mud screens and stuff for them that come with the kit.