PDA

View Full Version : '99 Trx 90

honda152
08-30-2005, 12:24 AM
Hey.. I'm new here and I have a few questions..

I have a '99 TRX 90.. fun little 4wheeler. I'm amazed at what it does with a completely stock motor..

I actually race dirtbikes and just kinda play around on the 4 wheeler during the week to get through.. I ride in a small sand pit thats near my house and trails..
I was wondering if the front tires could be reversed so the front end would be wider, I am going to check it all out tomorrow and make sure the valve stems don't hit and all that.
I was wondering if this would affect the handling very much (I'm hoping to stop it from getting up on 2 wheels in the sand.. I made myself a little track with rutted out corners and stuff but my problem is the thing will get on 2 wheels way too easily)

I actually had an old FMF Turbinecore 2 silencer laying around off my CR 250 I used to have, so I cut it down about 4 inches, completely gutted it out, cut part of a bike-seat post off and welded it to the silencer to make it slide into the stock header.. Then I found something to use for a bracket, drilled a hole in the frame, and bolted it through.
The problem with it is that after a while of riding the bolt will brake right off.. I'm guessing it's from the bolt not being made to take that kinda heat and snapping right off..
So I put the stock silencer back on for now (quieter is better where I'm riding anyway.. I got caught by the cops today for crossing a walking trail... pathetic that they have nothing better to do than try to catch kids having a good time not hurting anything)
I just read something about a pink wire and I was wondering about that.. if someone could give me some info that'd be great!!

Thanks!!!

Tyler #152

bwamos
08-30-2005, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by honda152
I was wondering if this would affect the handling very much (I'm hoping to stop it from getting up on 2 wheels in the sand.. I made myself a little track with rutted out corners and stuff but my problem is the thing will get on 2 wheels way too easily)

I'm not familiar with TRX90 offsets.. but normally flipping the front wheels will make it wider.. but you get a LOT more feedback (from hitting ruts, bumps, etc.), and you leave the breaks exposed and not protected from rocks, stumps, etc...