PDA

View Full Version : 250r plug colors???

bens250ex
08-29-2005, 08:27 PM
ok the other day i was ridin my r and it statrted to act up and then it just died and wouldnt start....so i got it home tore it apart and looked ant it wouldnt fire but like once every 6 kicks so then i put a new spark plug in it b/c this one looked to be like it ran really lean or so put a new plug in a bam runs good...it still runs good but tonight i wonted to make sure everything is a ok to get ready for arena cross nad i take the plug out and its a brownish color with alot of rusty lookin kinda stuff on it??? am i runin to lean? it also looks dry..i had a 165 in it so then i bumped it up to a 168 but i cant ride it untile atleast tomarrow if it quits rainin...does anyone know what could be my prob why the spark plug turned this color?

Dave83
08-29-2005, 09:45 PM
It should be a brownish color,like a papersack,maybe a shade darker to be safe.Lean will make it whiteish.Your plug may have just been getting weak.Do a wide open plug chop and see what color you get.

Scott-300ex
08-29-2005, 09:48 PM
if it has a rusty color with rust, i would say your takin on water, if there is rust on it, maybe from ridin in rain, or a gasket and your loosin fluid

run it hard to clean the plug and cylinder out

it should be the color of a hot TAN chick, lol

here's a picture on here

http://www.atvriders.com/articles/sparkplug.html

bens250ex
08-30-2005, 09:34 AM
ok thanks.. ill take a look at it today and try to run it wide open