PDA

View Full Version : Buying a used 250r, have some questions.

D Bergstrom
08-29-2005, 08:19 PM
I found a really good deal on a 86 250r. The bike has a CT racing 350 kit, (The whole motor was sent to CT and gone through. The guy still has all the paper work.) tcs shocks, and laeger a-arms, along with some other stuff. The quad is in good shape for a 19 year old quad. I have done a search on here and checked all the things that previous posts have said to check.(Frame, swingarm bearings, axle bearings, etc.) I do have a question though. How is OEM parts availability for the 250r's? I am not to worried about a-arms, cylinders, cranks, etc. as most of this you can get aftermarket. I am more concerned about things such as transmission bearings, seal, shift shafts, stuff like that. Does Honda still make the parts or are they done producing parts and they are just selling what is left over? I just do not want to buy this thing and have some stupid thing like a small seal go out and not be able to find a replacement. Anything else I need to know before I buy this. Anybody have any experiance with the CT 350 kit? Is this kit pretty reliable? Any other info would be helpful.

Thanks,

Doug

Scott-300ex
08-29-2005, 09:42 PM
you'll be able to get pretty much anything for it, look at all the people who have them and mod them

i mean, on here, other sites, honda, aftermarket, blah blah blah, you'll have plenty of places to get parts from, and if not post a thread on here and someone will help you

just check it all out inch by inch, and you'll be good

and here

http://www.servicehonda.com/hard%20parts/atv/trx250r%2086-89/trx250r%20frames%20page.htm

i've been lookin too

lol

JDiablo
08-29-2005, 09:48 PM
Even so if worse comes to worse,there are many aftermarket parts that you said you were concerned about,put it this way,the 250r's have enough parts out there to last them another twenty years

Dave83
08-29-2005, 09:49 PM
You can get stuff from service honda,planet honda,honda of troy,midwest action cycle,and aftermarket companies like ESR have oem parts.Some stuff has been dicontinued,but still in inventory.As mentioned,the R community is a helpful bunch for the most part and we'll do what we can to help you find what you need.

D Bergstrom
08-30-2005, 08:17 PM
Well I did it, brought it home after work tonight. I had to take it around the block once, damn this thing is fast. I barely got into the power band at it felt like it was going to rip my arms of. I like this 350 kit!! Can't wait to get it out in the dunes. I need to do a few things before it is ready, but by then hopefully it will be cool enough. Thanks for all the help.

Doug

Scott-300ex
08-31-2005, 04:16 PM
what no pics?