PDA

View Full Version : ARENS BROS.....What Happened

figair
08-29-2005, 08:07 PM
Hey Guys, i know this was posted before BUTT,What did happen to John he made some good products,I havent heard of anything from him..Does anyone know what really happened to him?Is he coming back? Whats up...Thanks Eddie:D

Tommy 17
08-29-2005, 08:12 PM
haha arens... my best buddy...

basically he designed a bunch of crap parts and when people called him out on it he got pissed... his 400ex frames were junk and nothing fit on them... his a-arms fell apart nearly killin a few people... then he said nothing was wrong and basically told everyone to deal with it...

he still owes me 500$ or a set of a-arms that work to this day... i've yet to see them and never will... so i'll continue to tell my story until he does...

do a search u'll see how good ARENS parts really are...

Mxjunkie
08-29-2005, 08:19 PM
I belive tommy just about made him nervous to pick up the phone anymore lmao..

figair
08-29-2005, 08:22 PM
OK Then:( I heard good stuff about his stuff..matter of fact I got 2 sets of a-arms from him.1 set i put on another set came a month later(used)lowers (new Uppers) gave me a good deal on them..so the other set was laying around for 2 years and decided to sell them to SPUDSS(aka RON) Thank God me and him are "budds" because i just sent them to him w/out taking payment.Told him to pay me when ever..WELLL the uppers are stock and the lowers are +2 .So now I feel like a jack ***,and now i am trying to locate a set of used +2 uppers if any1 has something collecting dust in the Garage,hopefullly someone could help Thanks Eddie

Tommy 17
08-29-2005, 08:27 PM
heres my experience with arens products...

Warnerade
08-29-2005, 08:29 PM
tommy=pwn3d!

Hondadudeehhhh
08-29-2005, 08:30 PM
didnt the same thing happen to 300exrida like a year ago? or were they housers?

figair
08-29-2005, 08:31 PM
ummmm.That would leave a mark:p jk man hope you were ok..

sampleez
08-29-2005, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
heres my experience with arens products...

a broken ball joint?? or worse?

Tommy 17
08-29-2005, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by sampleez
a broken ball joint?? or worse?

no a ball joint that has the bolt back out of the stud... it was a design flaw that arens says dont' exist... i know of 4 sets of a-arms all 4 had the SAME EXACT!!!!!!!!! problem...

but theres no problem thats why he redisgned the lowers 3 times!... but still there was no problem... haha yeah right...

JDiablo
08-29-2005, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Hondadudeehhhh
didnt the same thing happen to 300exrida like a year ago? or were they housers?

not that i know of,I have used burgard products on my 300,and houser products on my 400,nothing ever fell off,the only thing that ever fell off was a wheel :o

Chef
08-29-2005, 09:09 PM
This is one of the things that was needed to make his CRF frame really work...besides many spacers to get the sprockets to line up correctly.

416exmx
08-29-2005, 09:09 PM
Have not heard anything about him or out of him for a while either. I have had Arens CRF and 250r frames and didnt have any problems, ok major problems besides fittment issues with either. Granted I could have done an ex/crf conversion frame, called it the "cody frame" and had the same thing. But you get what you pay for, if you want a cheap frame, expect it to have a few issues. As far as Tommys a-arms and stuff like that, I have no idea what went on there. I have talked to John several times and he seemed like a great guy.

Tommy 17
08-29-2005, 09:17 PM
no it wasn't a ball joint breaking it was a bolt backin out of the stud makin the a-arms fall apart... but to john arens there was no problem with the a-arms... they were fine and it was an inssue of me tightening a bolt... i know of 4 a-arms that exist and all 4 had the same problem as me...

he stated there was no problem but thats why he had to redsign the a-arms twice... no problem... then why would he have to redesign them...

i can flat out say john arens is the biggest liar i know to this day... i really wish i could post everything and prove it all but i can't...

btw if u arte waiting on a part from him.... u'lll wait forever...

Tommy 17
08-29-2005, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by 416exmx
Have not heard anything about him or out of him for a while either. I have had Arens CRF and 250r frames and didnt have any problems, ok major problems besides fittment issues with either. Granted I could have done an ex/crf conversion frame, called it the "cody frame" and had the same thing. But you get what you pay for, if you want a cheap frame, expect it to have a few issues. As far as Tommys a-arms and stuff like that, I have no idea what went on there. I have talked to John several times and he seemed like a great guy.

no offense to u 416 and don't take this like i'm bashin u because i'm not... i just wanna point one more thing out about arens...

he says that THEY ARE OEM QUALITY with no fitting problems... do a search on here and look at his posts by a member named JNINE... thats one thing he said... everything would fit with ZERO problems!!!!! thats what really pissed me off and suckered me into the buyin the a-arms... but that was a lie also... go figure... i can personally say i need a big hammer to get my a-arms on... then a grinder to finsih the job and thats no lie!!!

Pappy
08-29-2005, 09:21 PM
i actually got to try and help Tommy when arens wouldnt. I double checked every bolt and nut on that front end and it was correctly tightened. he made 3 laps on a mx track and blew his rear shock. once repaired, 5 minutes of riding netted him over the bars as the ball joint retaining bolt backed out again. (if im not mistaken, the last pictured was sent from arens ready to install and all i had to do was check over the front end for tommy)

i have no clue why, it shouldnt have. that made the 3rd time i believe that it had happend, and on this incident, they were units re supplied and deemed fixed from arens.

the arms themselves were well made and handled great. the problem was soley in that ball joint. i have discussed that joint with others and they are used in other brands of arms with no issues. so the problem remains unsolved on that model.

i hate to see any company bashed. i prefer it not to be on this site unless the manufacture is openly willing to defend or rebut the issue. the issue with tommy and a few others was monitored and other then the typical conversations, i saw no reasons why arens should not have stood behind his product.

i have no expierence with his chassis so i can not comment, but i trust chef and his information.

Tommy 17
08-29-2005, 09:30 PM
pappy i wouldn't even post it and let this dog die but i'm not gonna let him screw over other people like he did to me and a few others... i will tell my story every chance i get... there was obviously a problem and he didn't stand behind it... i have proof of the problem and it well documented... trust me i've saved every email photo letter and more... infact i've already talked to lawyers about it and sent numerous letters to governement agencys such as the better business bearu... but the biggest problem is i just didn't have the money to take him to court with college...

i really wish i could post it ALL but i can't...

Pappy
08-29-2005, 09:34 PM
oh i know tommy, you have restrained yourself at my request in the past and i realize the need to vent.

thinking back to our discussion when this happened, the only thing i could use as an explanation is in regard to the ride height. those arms use a 18? inch shock and if you remeber the ride height was extremely low, we finaly got it close by adjusting the preload a bit farther then it should have needed to obtain correct ride height. if he was off in the design,lower shock mount height etc, it could be possible that the ball joint was binding heavily and caused the issue. (not sure, just a thought)

in any event, they did not work. i would like the reason for it, but i doubt i will ever get it.

416exmx
08-29-2005, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
no offense to u 416 and don't take this like i'm bashin u because i'm not... i just wanna point one more thing out about arens...

he says that THEY ARE OEM QUALITY with no fitting problems... do a search on here and look at his posts by a member named JNINE... thats one thing he said... everything would fit with ZERO problems!!!!! thats what really pissed me off and suckered me into the buyin the a-arms... but that was a lie also... go figure... i can personally say i need a big hammer to get my a-arms on... then a grinder to finsih the job and thats no lie!!!

As I stated I did have fittment issues. Like to have never got the Herrmann a-arms to bolt up to the frame(your a-arms must have been designed for my frame LOL), a lower motor mount didnt line up, I got this little extra bracket to hold the coil (400ex coil is bigger), there was no place to mount the CRF CDI, and I had to reshape the bottom of the gas tank. I did have the same problem as in the picture posted by Chef but I fought and fought mine finally getting the airboot to work, although I was unable to use the power now I had.

I dont think this thread was intended for bashing on Arens, just wondering what happened to him or what he was up to. Im not stickin up for him, or bashin him. Like I said, I didnt complain because I paid $1200 for an aftermarket frame when everyone else was charging $2300. You get what you pay for, ever been in a Dollar Tree store??? I just hate it that we had the problems we did.

figair
08-30-2005, 04:26 AM
alrighty then,at least i got good news " I lowered my car insurance by switching to geico" ...NOT lol Thanks guys Ed:D