PDA

View Full Version : Need help fast, No spark

tator
08-29-2005, 07:35 PM
My raptor has no spark I changed the CDI and the coil but still nothing.(It has a new spark plug) Please help! :confused: :( :(

Robin Hood
08-29-2005, 07:56 PM
It's turning over and you dont have a spark? Did you try taking the plug out and touching it to the engine while turning it over to check if the plugs sparking at all? Maybe check your wiring or your battery/starter relay. Im not too sure on this stuff though. Good luck.

Darren1
08-30-2005, 12:05 PM
I am with you buddy. Not sure what all you have checked and what symptoms you have. I am about to replace my CDI box, just because I don't know what else to try. (see my post below and some advice I have been given)

Good luck!

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=178927

Robin Hood
08-30-2005, 12:15 PM
Anything to do with Parking Brake?

Im just guessing now, but anythings worth a try...

tator
08-30-2005, 01:33 PM
I went throw all the wiring. I'm going to try the battery/starting relay right now. I hope it's not to exspenseve.:(
It is turning over but I get like one spark every couple of craks when I touch it to the motor.

trinityrap
08-31-2005, 12:00 PM
more then likely its the stator.
take and unplug the voltage regulator and try to start it(its the little black box on the clutch side of the bike,has like 3 or four wires coming out of it)if it starts, then thats the problem-dont run it that way it will cook your wiring harness.

p.s. a stator is 125$ from ricky stator

raptor#66
11-01-2005, 07:45 AM
there is a black wire that plugs in to the cdi box it should be the second plug, the wire must likely is ****ed up. it is the black wire or take a test light and see if the orange wire that is going into the coil is getting power if not replace it!!!

killen them all
11-26-2005, 12:57 AM
so are u getting any spark if so check you intake see if it is still on your carbs this happend to me and it didnt start

tater_kamik
11-26-2005, 02:52 PM
im gonna go with the stator, same thing happened to mine, and it is actually a relatively common problem.