PDA

View Full Version : CRF Ignition Problems, Wont Fire! Any Suggestions?

loxleyracing
08-29-2005, 07:25 PM
I have a 450R with the crf ignition conversion. It has been a wonderful product for about 6 months. This weekend I started it up and it ran for 10 seconds then died. Wouldn't start again. I swapped out the kill switch, cdi, sparkplug, coil and sparkplug wire. Still no spark! I have removed the side cover and inspected everything, it looks good. I need some advise Please!. I have a National TT next weekend and I am up for any suggestions.
Thanks for your help!!

416exmx
08-29-2005, 08:29 PM
We had one from JH that had the adjustable timming and we never could get it to spark. Sent it back and got a different one and never had a problem since.

Do you have the one where you have to splice 2 of the wires comming out of the side cover into the harness, or the one with the right connectors? We had another one that we had to splice together and it kept causing problems.

loxleyracing
08-29-2005, 08:34 PM
i didnt have to splice anything. Thanks for your reply

416exmx
08-29-2005, 08:44 PM
Is yours the adjustable one then?

loxleyracing
08-30-2005, 06:44 AM
Mine isnt adjustable thanks

R3Concepts
08-30-2005, 01:08 PM
Maybe the stator is messed up..The CRF ign. timing shouldnt be advanced, thats kind of a no-no with the TRX.

Dynodn
08-30-2005, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by loxleyracing
I have a 450R with the crf ignition conversion. It has been a wonderful product for about 6 months. This weekend I started it up and it ran for 10 seconds then died. Wouldn't start again. I swapped out the kill switch, cdi, sparkplug, coil and sparkplug wire. Still no spark! I have removed the side cover and inspected everything, it looks good. I need some advise Please!. I have a National TT next weekend and I am up for any suggestions.
Thanks for your help!!

There is a chance of the stator shorting out. So take a voltmeter and set it check continuity put both leads together and check volmeter readings. then check each lead with one lead on the teminal and the other on on the ground the volt meter should not show that they are grounded or shorted. If so the stator is bad or rubbed on the adapter plate.

kgbg
08-31-2005, 08:39 AM
I had a bad one as well, the billett pick up plate was mis machined, and not hitting the stator in the right spot, no fix besides a new plate.
JF got me corrected however.