PDA

View Full Version : Monitor won't show red or green colors?

FoxRacing81
08-29-2005, 06:10 PM
I just got my computer back from getting wiped out and windows and all reinstalled...

Well, my monitor worked fine before it got done, now I get it all back, hook it all up, and the screen doesn't display red or green. It only displays blue and yellow....

I would immedieatly assume it was my monitor, but it worked perfect before with no problems then as soon as I get it back, bam, it happens.

Anyone have any ideas? I'd appreciate some help here.

Thanks,
-Justin

JLanphear
08-29-2005, 10:21 PM
mess around with the cord for the monitor...wiggle it around starting near where it plugs into your computer and see if the screen flickers the right colors.....could just be loose, or may have some damaged internals and needs to be positioned a certain way.

otherwise take the cable back off and make sure all of the pins inside are okay and not bent or broken.

-Josh

gojk
08-30-2005, 12:31 AM
I have seen this occur after electrical storms also. Try degaussing it if the cord isn't loose

K_Fulk
08-30-2005, 12:07 PM
Sounds like a picture tube problem. That what is uslally the problem when tv's have that problem.

FoxRacing81
08-30-2005, 01:24 PM
I just wiggled the cable and no luck and also just deguassed it.....still nothing...I guess it's time for a new monitor.:ermm:

JOEX
08-30-2005, 02:16 PM
Take the cable off first and check for bent pins, happened to me once:ermm:

omaits
08-30-2005, 08:57 PM
You might try turnign it on and unplugging it while its turned on. Wait for 10-15 seconds and plug it back in. CRT's sometimes get magnetized when they are handled. Just a thought.

450robot
08-30-2005, 09:13 PM
take a fair sized magnet and spin it in a circular motion, while holding it about a half inch away from the monitor, make sure to pass the whole screen while spinning it, it should fix the problem

TCracin440ex
08-30-2005, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by K_Fulk
Sounds like a picture tube problem. That what is uslally the problem when tv's have that problem.

im going to have to agreee...picture tube...it happens from leaving your monitor on all the time....ive trashed enough monitors because of that....i leave my computers on all the time....but i never used to turn the monitor off until the last 1 got trashed and i decided this was enough so i set my computer up where the monitor turns off after the screen saver stays on for a lil while

honduh440
08-30-2005, 09:21 PM
more then likely u just need to reload your video driver. you should have a disk with your computer with all the drivers on them. if your comp is custom you need to find otu what kind of video card and operating system you have.

if you cant find out pm me and i will help

FoxRacing81
08-31-2005, 01:42 PM
Just messing around with it last night, I quickly glanced at the pins and they looked okay, plugged it back in, nothing...so I took it back out and recheck and saw 1 small one bent just enough so it wouldn't go in the hole....and it looked like 1 was missing:confused: ...but I bent the one back and plugged it back in and it works great now.