PDA

View Full Version : front end shake

vhull87
08-29-2005, 05:45 PM
I just bought a 99 400ex and I didnt notice it when I road it at the guys house prob because he lived in a small neiborhood but the front end shakes a little bit. I never had a 4wheeler so im not sure. But I dont think its suppose to be like that an the guy had bought new rims an tires all the way around. Any help would be great.

AtvKid4Eva
08-29-2005, 06:39 PM
Check to make sure one of ur front rims is not bent even know they r new they could be bent also the front end could be out of alignment or sumthin bent like a tie rod. If it dosent vibrate that bad dont worry about it it is normal for a little vibration.

vhull87
08-29-2005, 07:24 PM
Just spin the rim up on jacks and visually look to see if it is bent an if I cant see it then dont worry about it. An on the tie rides will just a little bent make it shake.

G Impala 63n70
08-29-2005, 07:40 PM
the front end will shake if the axle is bent, mine does.

other wise its the bearings in the front hubs

quad2xtreme
08-29-2005, 07:47 PM
turn your gas off and sit it on the rear grab bar. You a powerwasher to sping the front wheel as fast as you can. You will know if the rim is bent. You quad will shake out of control. If not and there is no play in the wheels or a-arms, I would check the back axle.

If this isn't it, then your frontend could be out of alignment or your tires are unbalanced because he used fix a flat or another product that is stuck to one portion of the tire thus making it unbalanced.

/Jon