PDA

View Full Version : Why Is Blaster So Hard To Start?

pascrambler500
08-29-2005, 05:38 PM
My buddy just bought a blaster and the quad runs good but its hard as hell, if not impossible sometimes to kick start the thing! You have to push start it almost everytime and then it doesnt idle right so when he stops if he tries to let it idle it stalls, but if he hurries up and kicks it, it fires up everytime first kick. but then if he lets it sit for a couple minutes it wont kick start again. so can anybody tell me why? He turns the gas off also when he stops for a few but doesnt help. also can someone tell me how to get it to idle better. I know next to nothing about a 2-stroke nor alot about quads period. I have a polaris 500 SCRAMBLER 4X4 Cadillac(LOL) and iIdont have to work on it so I dont know too much. ANY HELP APPRECIATED. TY

redlineranger
08-29-2005, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by pascrambler500
My buddy just bought a blaster and the quad runs good but its hard as hell, if not impossible sometimes to kick start the thing! You have to push start it almost everytime and then it doesnt idle right so when he stops if he tries to let it idle it stalls, but if he hurries up and kicks it, it fires up everytime first kick. but then if he lets it sit for a couple minutes it wont kick start again. so can anybody tell me why? He turns the gas off also when he stops for a few but doesnt help. also can someone tell me how to get it to idle better. I know next to nothing about a 2-stroke nor alot about quads period. I have a polaris 500 SCRAMBLER 4X4 Cadillac(LOL) and iIdont have to work on it so I dont know too much. ANY HELP APPRECIATED. TY

ur key word there is IDLE..... may be running to rich... i dont know much about 2 stroke 4 wheelers, but im into nitro rc cars which are 2 stroke and if my carb is set to rich it is very hard to start and stalls when breaking.. i would clean the carb out and adjust the carbuerator...

Blaster x
08-29-2005, 06:31 PM
check ur spark plug..or clean out ur carb....this happed to me too

bradley300
08-29-2005, 09:11 PM
give it full choke, stab the throttle twice and then kick with no throttle. if everything is ok, it should start first kick. you may need a tiny tiny amount of throttle, but not much at all

sikraptor700
08-29-2005, 10:28 PM
that suxs, my girls little bros fires up first kick every time