PDA

View Full Version : Why is my blaster so hard to start?

pascrambler500
08-29-2005, 04:41 PM
My buddy just bought a blaster and the quad runs good but its hard as hell, if not impossible sometimes to kick start the thing! You have to push start it almost everytime and then it doesnt idle right so when he stops if he tries to let it idle it stalls, but if he hurries up and kicks it, it fires up everytime first kick. but then if he lets it sit for a couple minutes it wont kick start again. so can anybody tell me why? He turns the gas off also when he stops for a few but doesnt help. also can someone tell me how to get it to idle better. I know next to nothing about a 2-stroke nor alot about quads period. I have a polaris 500 Cadillac(LOL) and iIdont have to work on it so I dont know too much. ANY HELP APPRECIATED. TY

Blasta400ex
08-29-2005, 05:04 PM
ud prob get mor replies if u put it in the sport quad under 350cc section...but i think u should do a compression check, or maybe ur top end is gone...

honduh440
08-29-2005, 05:39 PM
think about it bro............... how is it going to start if it wont idle by itself?

your carb has an idle adjustment on the side of it turn it up

Jake250ex
08-29-2005, 07:59 PM
time for a new top end.

Its really not all that expensive, just pop the head off, see if its overbored and what shape the cyl is in and if the bore isnt worn out and the cylinder isnt scored or scrathed, you can just order the same size piston kit. I reccomend wiseco, but wsm is a little cheaper, and id go with cometic for gaskets.

Mine did the exact same thing... I could hear it ticking around the piston was so loose in the cylinder. I got mine bored .50 over, a new piston kit and gaskets from a local shop for $150 and it doubled the power I had before.

all of these parts can be bought from www.rockymountainatv.com