PDA

View Full Version : Go fill up your tanks!

Atkins
08-29-2005, 11:08 AM
Gas prices are gonna be skyrocketing a sh*tload if not tomorrow then sometime soon because the hurricane has messed up gulf oil rigs, and potentially land refineries. Oil just went up like $5 a barrel or something rediculous. So go fill up your tanks while its still 'cheap'!:mad:

Flynbryan19
08-29-2005, 11:10 AM
SURPRISE!!!!!!!! Another excuse for them to jack up the prices...:mad:

duke416ex
08-29-2005, 11:11 AM
It went up more like twenty a barrel I believe.

Tator salad
08-29-2005, 11:20 AM
it's projected to be at $70 a barrel today. it was $65 a barrel a few days ago.

fasterblaster09
08-29-2005, 11:23 AM
^^^ You took the words right outs my fingers.

Atkins
08-29-2005, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Flynbryan19
SURPRISE!!!!!!!! Another excuse for them to jack up the prices...:mad:

Seems like a pretty legit reason if you ask me. Its not like its greedy towelheads trying to rip us off this time around.:o

flyin#5
08-29-2005, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Atkins
Seems like a pretty legit reason if you ask me. Its not like its greedy towelheads trying to rip us off this time around.:o

ha.... it was never the towlheads, its our own government. the reason they said it went up a while ago was "predicted tropical storms" which would interrupt the oil supply... but why go up if everything is fine? and even last year WHEN there were interuptions in the oil supply from tropical storms the price didnt go up as much. what they are doing is pushing us to see where the american public will break, then they will back off. i work at a gas station and i see so many big trucks rolling in, putting in $60-80, then putting 100$ in there boats, quads, and other things. not many people are cutting back, and if they dont, then why shouldnt the government and oil companies try to make a quick buck? its all a mind game.... think about it. last year we would've FLIPPED out if we were paying 2.59 for regular unleaded, but around here right now that would be cheap.

Atkins
08-29-2005, 11:44 AM
First off, what the hell are you talking about? Its not the American government, its companies such as bp that controls about half of our oil supply( who I believe has gulf oil rigs). What makes you think the US government is controlling oil prices? OPEC(Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries) regulates oil prices, and a majority of these countries are middle-eastern countries. This is the organization that is usually responsible for the rising oil prices so the Bin Laden family can make a few extra bucks.

flyin#5
08-29-2005, 12:01 PM
government has nothing to do with oil? there is a thing called oil tax in each state.... they are going to get there fingers into anything that has to deal with money in a large sence. they influence oil companies more than you know. but your right, the oil companies are mostly at fault. what happened is oil companies combined or were bought out by another company, and instead of having 2 refineries close to each other, they closed one down... because they didnt need to compete in that area anymore. that happened with quite a few refineries, now we dont have enough. so its quite bs that they are raising prices when 1/4th of the oil supply is being delayed.... when they cant even produce that much anyways.

derekhonda
08-29-2005, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by flyin#5
ha.... it was never the towlheads, its our own government. the reason they said it went up a while ago was "predicted tropical storms" which would interrupt the oil supply... but why go up if everything is fine? and even last year WHEN there were interuptions in the oil supply from tropical storms the price didnt go up as much. what they are doing is pushing us to see where the american public will break, then they will back off. i work at a gas station and i see so many big trucks rolling in, putting in $60-80, then putting 100$ in there boats, quads, and other things. not many people are cutting back, and if they dont, then why shouldnt the government and oil companies try to make a quick buck? its all a mind game.... think about it. last year we would've FLIPPED out if we were paying 2.59 for regular unleaded, but around here right now that would be cheap.

Thanks for the economic and history lesson. And you know all these facts at 17 too ! I see we have a future rocket scientist on our hands.

(sarcasm)

Atkins
08-29-2005, 12:06 PM
Not 1/4 of the oil supply, 45% to be exact. And it could be delayed for years, as past hurricanes have delayed oil rigs for over a year that were much weaker.

Tommy 17
08-29-2005, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
Thanks for the economic and history lesson. And you know all these facts at 17 too ! I see we have a future rocket scientist on our hands.

(sarcasm)

shut up hoosier boy! just because IU don't give u a good education haha j.k;)

i'm glad i won't be driving my truck much now... i'll probably put 200 - 300 miles on in the next 3 months with college:devil:

flyin#5
08-29-2005, 12:10 PM

(sarcasm)

:ermm: ok? what is the point to your post? i work at a gas station and people like to talk about this crap... so i know a bit, thats all. im sorry if i offended your intellegence level

derekhonda
08-29-2005, 12:14 PM
I dont even know what you were talking about, but it sure wasnt correct.

It all comes down to supply and demand. The supply will be slowed or delayed, the demand will stay the same, and then prices will increase. Government? yeah they have a tax on it, and they have a tax on microwaves too. In indiana they took off the state tax last summer when gas was up around 2.20 and it dropped the price like .15.

I filled up my tank yesterday though, guess i got lucky.

MXcutie
08-29-2005, 12:19 PM
i just got done watchin the news and gas is at 70 bucks a barrel.... my mom just called and said while she was filling up her car one of the main suppliers was there fillin the gas tanks and said gas is goin to hit 3 dollars by the end of today into tomorrow..... everyone just better be praying pres. bush taps into those resevers to help everyone out.... i know just today gas has went up 6 cents off post and 3 cents on post..... if you havent filled up yet i would get your *** to a damn gas station before the jump takes affect either that or go buy one of those damn echos or whatever they are called

derekhonda
08-29-2005, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by MXcutie
i just got done watchin the news and gas is at 70 bucks a barrel.... my mom just called and said while she was filling up her car one of the main suppliers was there fillin the gas tanks and said gas is goin to hit 3 dollars by the end of today into tomorrow..... everyone just better be praying pres. bush taps into those resevers to help everyone out.... i know just today gas has went up 6 cents off post and 3 cents on post..... if you havent filled up yet i would get your *** to a damn gas station before the jump takes affect either that or go buy one of those damn echos or whatever they are called

Bush is going to tap into the reserves.

quad9
08-29-2005, 12:31 PM
$2.79 per gal in Pekin Il

FasstMidnightZ
08-29-2005, 01:33 PM
YUP just goes to show that a storm no wear near you and doesnt give you any bad weather from it, can still screw you :p

FoxRacing81
08-29-2005, 01:41 PM
Liberals blame Bush for high gas prices, so Bush, even though he has nothing to do with it, trys to help buy drilling in Alaska's Wildlife and the Liberals try and stop it.....they can't stop it from happening so they delay it about 10 years...makes no friggen sense to me.

:grr:

2001300exguy
08-29-2005, 02:32 PM
i just talked to a guy working at the gas station literally 5 minutes ago and he said its gonna go up 40 cents.:eek2:

SGA
08-29-2005, 02:45 PM
Gas prices will go up, people will grumble and buy it anyway.
Example:

Man 1: $5.00 a gallon! Those (insert name here)________ sob's! This is outragous!

Man 2: Then dont pay it, you only live 3 miles from work, ride your bike or you can take the bus!

Man 1: What! Im not gonna ride no dam bus or bike! I'll pay the 5 bucks a gallon before I do that!

Maybe this is a bit far fetched, but you get the idea:o

08-29-2005, 02:48 PM
:p

watts16
08-29-2005, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by quad9
$2.79 per gal in Pekin Il

haha i got lucky i just filled up 57.00 worth. i need to get a toyota tocoma yesterday for 2.56 at USCO good hing to because in was when i was coming home from school hucks had lines into the street

chucked
08-29-2005, 03:00 PM
It costs more to get fuel from our reserves then it does to buy it from other countries. Im gonna start riding my 4 wheeler to work.

Mxjunkie
08-29-2005, 03:03 PM
I've been 2 weeks not riding because I cant afford my damn gas and oil, I hate slow spots at work :mad: :grr:

MOFO
08-29-2005, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by FoxRacing81
Liberals blame Bush for high gas prices, so Bush, even though he has nothing to do with it, trys to help buy drilling in Alaska's Wildlife and the Liberals try and stop it.....they can't stop it from happening so they delay it about 10 years...makes no friggen sense to me.

:grr:

thats about it in a nut shell.... :cool:

chucked
08-29-2005, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
I've been 2 weeks not riding because I cant afford my damn gas and oil, I hate slow spots at work :mad: :grr:

maybe if u didnt buy that 400 u wouldnt have that problem

Mxjunkie
08-29-2005, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by chucked
maybe if u didnt buy that 400 u wouldnt have that problem

I didnt buy it, I'm broke cause I got stuck with buying the materials for this and an airbrush, my brothers a dead man.. lol :grr:

Warnerade
08-29-2005, 04:44 PM
gas is 1.82 by my house:confused:

Hondadudeehhhh
08-29-2005, 04:51 PM
just hit $3 in detroit. The gas stations are raising prices too soon. I was listening to some ecnomic major on the radio today and said the drums' prices won't be going up for another month, people are just being greedy. But i dont know, i'm not an economics major :confused:

MOFO
08-29-2005, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Hondadudeehhhh
just hit $3 in detroit. The gas stations are raising prices too soon. I was listening to some ecnomic major on the radio today and said the drums' prices won't be going up for another month, people are just being greedy. But i dont know, i'm not an economics major :confused:

He's right... they are just predicting and raising prices now assuming their future load of fuel will cost more. A bunch of BS if you ask me...

Warnerade
08-29-2005, 06:14 PM
and what sucks...is i have a 26 mile drive to school everyday, gotta do it twice a day....then work after school until about 5.

last year i was pretty much living paycheck to paycheck just on my gas tank...i dont know how im gonna be able to do it this year:ermm:

Butters
08-29-2005, 09:19 PM
gas prices are such BS. i know there is nothing we can do, but it just seems rediculous sometimes.

roostin_dale
08-29-2005, 09:23 PM
I filled mine up today and it was $55 to fill up my Dakota..then a couple hours later it went up to $3.50 a gallon....

Butters
08-29-2005, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by roostin_dale
I filled mine up today and it was $55 to fill up my Dakota..then a couple hours later it went up to $3.50 a gallon....

yeah i think it is supposed to go up to like 2.70 around here. thats like a 30 cent jump!!

Chef
08-29-2005, 10:20 PM
Its been 3.00 or over for about a week here.

bigbadbrad
08-29-2005, 10:54 PM
talked to the guy who drives a fuel delivery truck tonight(rig, it was a kenworth, was broken down) at work and he said that gas prices are going up 10 cents a gallon tomorrow, i gased up on my way home tonight before they did, i work till midnight so the station did not have a chance to raise it yet, still cost me almost 30 bucks for a half tank, it is getting out of control.

chucked
08-30-2005, 05:01 AM
Im glad my truck gets 25 mpg. My neighbor made me a deal on a scooter yesterday, gets 100mpg/a tank a year

Quad18star
08-30-2005, 06:21 AM
Here in Ontario we're expected to pay over $6 a gallon once they jack up the prices in the next few days . Because of this storm and the oil rigs being damaged/guys not working , it is expected that 45 million gallons of oil per day will not make it onto the market . I'm almost ready to buy a 10 speed or a scooter . :ermm:

Lolli2
08-30-2005, 08:21 AM
I had J go fill up the van yesterday after reading this thread. It was already 2.79 by then. I forgot to look at the price on the way to work this morning, but the news says it will be between 3.00 and 3.20 within a week.

Killa250ex
08-30-2005, 11:04 AM
Man, at $2.60 it take me at least $60 to top off my F250, If i drive around with a light foot keeping the RPM's under 2grand ive figured out that im getting about 25.7 miles a gallon, with 33" tires on it! Some may doubt me, but, i ran a tank thru it this last week when i went to canada and figured out that i can get 25mpg on the hwy. This was prolly b/c i had the cap on my truck ;)

Robin Hood
08-30-2005, 11:23 AM
Gas prices are unbelievable...

Ive literally watched gas stations go up .10$ A day...

chucked
08-30-2005, 01:14 PM
I filled up at lunch time at $2.55, I just got off of work it was $2.79. Time to break out the 18 speed.

Killa250ex
08-30-2005, 02:17 PM
Man, I wish I could strike oil in my backyard, man that would be nice!

FREE GAS FOR ALL EXRIDERS MEMBERS!

bulkdriverlp
08-30-2005, 03:08 PM
there is 3 oil rigs that are floating, came apart or something form the storm. most the big refineries for the u.s are right where the storm hit. i think that IS the reason for the spike. its supply and demand. the supply is down now, demand is high., jack up the prices. we cant live without gas. unless you ride your bike every day in life, dont need heat. fuggit, i know it sucks but oh well. gas spiked today 2.999 for '87 around here.

TRX_450
08-30-2005, 03:15 PM

MXcutie
08-30-2005, 03:21 PM
with the storm hittin down there it shut down 12% of the gas making.... and as of right now Bush has not said one word about the gas reveses we had... they said he'll make up his mind by tomorrow and hopefully say something about it then.... there is over 700 million barrels of gas sittin being unused but i'm sure that will also just kept the prices up so i think we are in a win lose situation

MXcutie
08-30-2005, 03:26 PM
with the storm hittin down there it shut down 12% of the gas making.... and as of right now Bush has not said one word about the gas reveses we had... they said he'll make up his mind by tomorrow and hopefully say something about it then.... there is over 700 million barrels of gas sittin being unused but i'm sure that will also just kept the prices up so i think we are in a win lose situation

RaptorRacer45
08-30-2005, 05:00 PM
I heard an intresting thing today....when Gas stations raise there prices people are just payin more for the same gas that was cheaper the day before.....i think that Gas prices should not be changed untill the Gas station has 2 restock, once that truck has filled up every tank with new Gas then the Staions should be allowed to change there price....none of this changin the price for the excact same gas that was so many cents cheaper the day before just because it was further down in the tank BullS*it

crday98
08-30-2005, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by RaptorRacer45
I heard an intresting thing today....when Gas stations raise there prices people are just payin more for the same gas that was cheaper the day before.....i think that Gas prices should not be changed untill the Gas station has 2 restock, once that truck has filled up every tank with new Gas then the Staions should be allowed to change there price....none of this changin the price for the excact same gas that was so many cents cheaper the day before just because it was further down in the tank BullS*it i brought up this point in another gas price thread. it is amazing how the price can go up even a few times a day yet it is the same damn gas sitting in the tanks as earlier in the day or even earlier in the week when it was $0.30 cheaper. it is like me grocery shopping and having the store raise the price of my items as i am shopping. imagine, by the time you hit checkout, the price of each item went up $0.10.
i think it is BS! these oil companies have us by the balls. i also think it is BS that they can keep killing us yet turn make a few billion profit in a quarter. there is nothing the president can do about this?
i guess the farmers should raise the price of milk to astronomical amounts because they can. almost everyone needs it. why not create a monopoly just like the oil companies? hell, why don't all of the companies that produce necessities raise their prices and take in a few billion profit per year?

derekhonda
08-30-2005, 06:05 PM
but if they paid 3.00 a gal to buy it, and then price went down to 2.50 a gal you would expect them to drop it right? and lose .50 a gal every gal?

08-30-2005, 06:08 PM
but if they paid 3.00 a gal to buy it, and then price went down to 2.50 a gal you would expect them to drop it right? and lose .50 a gal every gal? but they spent a dollar to buy it.

MOFO
08-30-2005, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by aLLoY MX 428
but they spent a dollar to buy it.

you would be surprised... the actual gas stations themselves, privately owned or franchised, do not make very much on gas. I've heard its about a couple to few cents a gallon sold - profit. The big money maker is getting the customer to come into your store and buy other goods other than gas.

I'm seeing quite a few of gas stations in my area closing down because of these gas prices.

08-30-2005, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
you would be surprised... the actual gas stations themselves, privately owned or franchised, do not make very much on gas. I've heard its about a couple to few cents a gallon sold - profit. The big money maker is getting the customer to come into your store and buy other goods other than gas.

I'm seeing quite a few of gas stations in my area closing down because of these gas prices. oh, well then..my bad

bigvforcer
08-30-2005, 06:14 PM
BUSH HAS RELEASED THE RESERVES IF THE COMPANIES WANT THEM. AS OF RIGHT NOW ONLY ONE COMPANY HAS TAKEN ANY RESERVES. HOPEFULLY MORE WILL FOLLOW SUIT AND WE CAN LEVEL OFF FOR A WHILE.

TIME TO SELL THE QUADS AND BUY A MOTORCYCLE

MOFO
08-30-2005, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by aLLoY MX 428
oh, well then..my bad

no problem... this is just what I have been told.... this was also years and years ago, before gas prices went through the roof. But seeing "Gas only" stations going out of business makes me think they are still not making much on gas alone.

08-30-2005, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by bigvforcer
BUSH HAS RELEASED THE RESERVES IF THE COMPANIES WANT THEM. AS OF RIGHT NOW ONLY ONE COMPANY HAS TAKEN ANY RESERVES. HOPEFULLY MORE WILL FOLLOW SUIT AND WE CAN LEVEL OFF FOR A WHILE.

TIME TO SELL THE QUADS AND BUY A MOTORCYCLE or a bicycle

chucked
08-30-2005, 06:18 PM

TIME TO SELL THE QUADS AND BUY A MOTORCYCLE

It costs more to pump it from our own reserves then it does to import it from other countries.

derekhonda
08-30-2005, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by chucked
It costs more to pump it from our own reserves then it does to import it from other countries.

no it doesnt

bulkdriverlp
08-30-2005, 06:37 PM
im gunna talk to my neighbors, maybe we can chip in and buy an oil rig?? if ya cant beat em join em:ermm:

Pappy
08-30-2005, 06:43 PM
no problem... this is just what I have been told.... this was also years and years ago, before gas prices went through the roof. But seeing "Gas only" stations going out of business makes me think they are still not making much on gas alone.

6 to 8 cents per gallon at an honest station. take away 2% if you pay with a credit card that is not directly affiliated with the station and even then it can still cost the 2%.

i have many many friends and business associates that own gas stations, not one of them is smiling.

MXcutie
08-30-2005, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by bulkdriverlp
im gunna talk to my neighbors, maybe we can chip in and buy an oil rig?? if ya cant beat em join em:ermm:

my dad said the same thing!!

SGA
08-30-2005, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by SGA
Gas prices will go up, people will grumble and buy it anyway.

So good I had to repeat it.

I suppose a grass roots effort might be started and people will boycott one way or another, but I doubt it.

I wont be starting it because im to lazy.

Atkins
08-30-2005, 10:54 PM
Woah, our gas just jumped from roughly 2.53 to 2.83 in the past few days. Apperantly its supposed to rise another 50 cents around here by tomorrow!:huh

QuadJunkies
08-31-2005, 12:05 AM
SURPRISE!!!!!!!! Another excuse for them to jack up the prices...:mad: exactly!! :mad: Gas at my work right now is at 2.58 a gal. I wonder what it will be whne I go to work tomorrow :huh

08-31-2005, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
exactly!! :mad: Gas at my work right now is at 2.58 a gal. I wonder what it will be whne I go to work tomorrow :huh 3.03 for hightest here:(

bigvforcer
08-31-2005, 08:28 AM
chucked,

how does it cost more to pump from reserves than to get it elesewhere. The reserves are here in the US not in IRAQ, IRAN, or Saudi Arabia? I do not understand how it is more expensive!

Quad18star
08-31-2005, 09:04 AM
It cost me $102 to fill up 3/4s of a tank with regular in my dad's Dodge truck this morning and that was BEFORE they jacked up the price . I filled up at $1.06 a litre and on the way back from dropping off my girlfriend at work it was up to $1.26 a liter . That's a jump of almost 70 cents a gallon . This is getting F'king rediculous !!!!:mad:

QuadJunkies
08-31-2005, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
It cost me $102 to fill up 3/4s of a tank with regular in my dad's Dodge truck this morning and that was BEFORE they jacked up the price . I filled up at $1.06 a litre and on the way back from dropping off my girlfriend at work it was up to $1.26 a liter . That's a jump of almost 70 cents a gallon . This is getting F'king rediculous !!!!:mad:

Holy Crap! thats ridiculous!:eek:

MXcutie
08-31-2005, 12:00 PM
well yesterday about this time gas was 2.64 and today its *drum roll please* 2.94 goin to hit 3 bucks by tomorrow am

duke416ex
08-31-2005, 12:36 PM
Just hit $3 here and we usually have the cheapest around, like Monday, it was 2.46, now it is 3.09 at some of the cheapest places around so some of ya'll will see 3.50 I am sure, before long it will be more feasible to quit work b/c I won't make enough to drive back and forth. Wy are we not taking the oil from the towelheads again? If we aren't gonna take the oil I wish we would just nuke the place and walk off, I'm sick of this crap!!!

MOFO
08-31-2005, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star

:eek2:

your talking Canadian dollars, right? I hope so!

08-31-2005, 03:23 PM
high test is 3.25 here:(

speedy400
08-31-2005, 03:31 PM
I wont complain.. europeans have been paying 4.50 a gallon for plenty of years, they seem to be surviving (with their 40mpg cars) just fine.... then again I dont have a 10mpg truck, I usually cruise around in my 38mpg cycle, or my pos s-10.-darren

MOFO
08-31-2005, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by speedy400
I wont complain.. europeans have been paying 4.50 a gallon for plenty of years, they seem to be surviving (with their 40mpg cars) just fine.... then again I dont have a 10mpg truck, I usually cruise around in my 38mpg cycle, or my pos s-10.-darren

This is the only thing that bugs me... people that say Europe has been paying out the butt for years, so basically its our turn.

No, its not. We are not Europe - we live in the greatest country in the world. Why should we stoop to what other countries put up with. There is no reason we should pay what Europe pays.

Very liberal thinking - wanting to level the playing field for everyone.

fasterblaster09
08-31-2005, 03:42 PM
Isour american dollar and european dollar worth the same amount??

08-31-2005, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by fasterblaster09
Isour american dollar and european dollar worth the same amount?? american money is worth less then pounds,as of last week.

MOFO
08-31-2005, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by fasterblaster09
Isour american dollar and european dollar worth the same amount??

no, not at all... but when you do the conversion, they are paying alot more than we are.

A guy I work with used to live in England - a few years ago. He told me after you convert funds and measurements, he was paying close to $7/gallon. :eek:

bulkdriverlp
08-31-2005, 03:49 PM
gas went up again, 3.19 '87

Out_Sider
08-31-2005, 03:52 PM
pisses me off! i got my license in july, and i can't even afford to get a freaking car because i can't pay for the car/insurance/gas

minimum wage aint NOTHING anymore.. teenagers used to be able to get by with it.. now its not even worth working :ermm:

BLAZE1
08-31-2005, 03:52 PM

There is no reason we should pay what Europe pays.

and we don't.

Why exactly should we get gas for half the cost of other countries. I would rather pay more than to hear all these people say that we went to war to get free oil. Where the hell is my free oil?

You want cheap gas move to S. America:
The new gas price highs hit on Monday - the US average is now $2.55 a gallon - are impacting American consumers for sure. But America isn't the only country with escalating fuel prices, CNN reports.

The latest update for prices worldwide shows that Amsterdammers are paying the equivalent of $6.48 a gallon for their gas, while the Milanese are up there at $5.96 a gallon.

Dubliners are paying $4.78 a gallon for gasoline, while the national average in Romania is $6.01, in neighboring Republic of Moldova is $2.52 a gallon.

But drivers should have little sympathy for residents of Caracas, Venezuela, WHERE PRICES ARE STILL 12 CENTS A GALLON in one of the world's biggerst oil-producing countries.

Source: Economie.moldova.org

sportraxrider10
08-31-2005, 03:53 PM

ok if i am not mistaken, this wont matter for a while...dont they have to send this to refineries and there arent enough refineries right now and that is why gas is so expensive? is this true? anybody?

MOFO
08-31-2005, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by BLAZE1
and we don't.

Why exactly should we get gas for half the cost of other countries. I would rather pay more than to hear all these people say that we went to war to get free oil. Where the hell is my free oil?

Wow, so you would rather pay people to keep their mouths closed? Dont take this the wrong way, but we did NOT go to war for oil. Period!

"Why should we pay half of what the rest of the world pays?" The rest of the world should be asking, why are WE paying double of what the other half of the world pays!

Keep in mind, most of those prices you quoted... the majority of that is TAXES. They pay out the arse.

speedy400
08-31-2005, 03:58 PM
yip, I can see it now, all the hicks drivin' around in piped out these-(ps, this is from my families trip to europe, they were runnin around in these "smart" cars everywhere, me in the backround.)-darren

SGA
08-31-2005, 04:09 PM
yip, I can see it now, all the hicks drivin' around in piped out these-(ps, this is from my families trip to europe, they were runnin around in these "smart" cars everywhere, me in the backround.)-darren

I guess we will all become Steve Urkel now:rolleyes:

FasstMidnightZ
08-31-2005, 04:11 PM
yip, I can see it now, all the hicks drivin' around in piped out these-(ps, this is from my families trip to europe, they were runnin around in these "smart" cars everywhere, me in the backround.)-darren isnt that the car that was in Just Married ? that thing is SMALL :p

Warnerade
08-31-2005, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by bomb_squad
isnt that the car that was in Just Married ? that thing is SMALL :p "the one i reserved on the flier was a fiesta, this is a flippin bingo!"

BLAZE1
08-31-2005, 05:04 PM
Wow, so you would rather pay people to keep their mouths closed? Dont take this the wrong way, but we did NOT go to war for oil. Period!

Must have came out wrong. I know we didn't go to war over oil. What I meant was I would rather pay what we are paying for gas than to hear all these people complaining about how we robbed iraq for all its oil. simple as that. I'm sorry but I don't see it as that expensive. Yes it is more expensive than it was, but I think $3 to get my lazy ***** 10-20 miles is a damn good deal.

"Why should we pay half of what the rest of the world pays?" The rest of the world should be asking, why are WE paying double of what the other half of the world pays!

since when is America "half of the world"?

Keep in mind, most of those prices you quoted... the majority of that is TAXES. They pay out the arse.

I'm sorry I don't have the time to analyze all of the taxes of each individual country. Like I said S. America is looking good. 12 cents a gallon, what a tax break:eek2:

BLAZE1
08-31-2005, 05:14 PM
Here is a helpful website

http://money.howstuffworks.com/gas-price1.htm

Atkins
08-31-2005, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by SGA
I guess we will all become Steve Urkel now:rolleyes: Someones a little insecure.:D

Mxjunkie
08-31-2005, 06:32 PM
they are doing just what they did in the 70s and 80s saying we had no gas, and such and sky rocket the prices, you'd think if gas was cheaper, people would buy more of it and they would make more money, hence the reason people have SALES, car sales, discounts on items in stores...

Its getting so bad my boss after 20+ years of racing had to quit because he cant afford the gas every weekend :(

I know everyone complains and such, I know I do a lot of the time, I dont know how people making miminal wage pay their bills and drive at the same time, its putting people in debt if you ask me. I can see a gas war arrising fast, people are getting VERY mad around here I dont know how it is around your way but I was at work just shooting the breeze with a older man and he said hes going to start riding a bicycle (this man is 65 years old with a bad knee) because he aint paying for gas. I looked at him like he was crazy!

derekhonda
08-31-2005, 06:36 PM
they are doing just what they did in the 70s and 80s saying we had no gas, and such and sky rocket the prices, you'd think if gas was cheaper, people would buy more of it and they would make more money, hence the reason people have SALES, car sales, discounts on items in stores...

Its getting so bad my boss after 20+ years of racing had to quit because he cant afford the gas every weekend :(

It doesnt work that was for this product. You guys seem to not understand that! They offer sales for cars because:

#1 there are alternatives. Busses, Bikes, Hitchhiking, etc.

#2 competition. Sales make people buy certain brands over the other. Ford vs. chevy, etc.

This is what the gas people know....that no one else seems to realize. We are going to keep buying gas because it is a necessity in our everyday lives. Until people realize this and cut back use, they have no need to restrict prices.

Mxjunkie
08-31-2005, 06:37 PM
your right there, I guess they know we NEED it, cant live without it so they will get what ever price they want for it and not loose a bit of money during it.

MOFO
08-31-2005, 06:37 PM

This is what the gas people know....that no one else seems to realize. We are going to keep buying gas because it is a necessity in our everyday lives.

bingo.

derekhonda
08-31-2005, 06:38 PM
they are doing just what they did in the 70s and 80s saying we had no gas, and such and sky rocket the prices.

And in the late 70s and 80s they really didnt have that much gas.

Didnt read this article entirely, but it proves my point.
http://www.harwich.edu/depts/history/HHJ/rowe.html

xrxmxcx
08-31-2005, 06:40 PM
if theres anyone around on this site from western MASS, in my town (agawam), gas at the station down the street was 2.49 a night ago, now it is 3.11

08-31-2005, 06:45 PM
Gas here is $3.09 a gal. RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!:grr:

Warnerade
08-31-2005, 06:53 PM
lets start a nation wide gas boycott!

everyone, bust out those 18 speed huffy's!!!!!!!!!!!!

hessianmx111
08-31-2005, 07:03 PM
This sucks, I get my license in 18 days and have always looked forward to it but it looks like I won't be driving much at all. I have a 25 or so mile drive to school every day and then 25 miles back:(

Warnerade
08-31-2005, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by hessianmx111
This sucks, I get my license in 18 days and have always looked forward to it but it looks like I won't be driving much at all. I have a 25 or so mile drive to school every day and then 25 miles back:( i have the same thing, it sucks.

specialy when you get paid 3-4 bucks less than what you realy should be getting:ermm:

I can barely pay for gas right now with school...my entire check goes to my tank.

jack_no7
09-01-2005, 07:04 AM
then ride the bus.............you don't always have to drive......when i was in high school if didn't have money for gas I rode the bus....

spincr4hire
09-01-2005, 07:17 AM
waiting for officials to step in and do something about the high prices? they won't, their pockets are getting fatter every time we go to the pumps.:grr:
I'm not beating around the "BUSH" here, lol

Flynbryan19
09-01-2005, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by spincr4hire
waiting for officials to step in and do something about the high prices? they won't, their pockets are getting fatter every time we go to the pumps.:grr:
I'm not beating around the "BUSH" here, lol

Oh, would you guys just drop the whoLE Bush is making us pay more crap......:rolleyes: The oil companys are the ones determining the price. Oh, wait its a conspiracy and hes telling them to raise it so that he can make more money..... Get over it.

mx3mom
09-01-2005, 12:00 PM
I'm not sure who's at fault here but something is going to have to give one way or another. Here, gas went from $2.49 to $3.09 for regular gas overnight. The state was called in and found price gouging going on. Heard there was a $5,000.00 fine. Heresay, I don't know if its so. Whats worse is stations are running out of gas and are being told that they can't get any more. I drive a school bus and our diesel hasn't been delivered now for 3 days. We are running low and don't know if we are going to get any. If the leaders of this great country don't step in and make some changes, it will shut down. I'm just glad that I don't have to go to any National races right now, I'd have to mortgage the house for gas!

440exnacsracer
09-01-2005, 12:08 PM
Oh, would you guys just drop the whoLE Bush is making us pay more crap......:rolleyes: The oil companys are the ones determining the price. Oh, wait its a conspiracy and hes telling them to raise it so that he can make more money..... Get over it.

you have your opinion, and im not trying to flame, but where is our "Great leader" at such a time of crisis, where are the troops to control the looting in New Orleans, perhaps gas rationing would be a good idea at this point:confused: he gave that short speach, but any other national leader across the world of a well established nation would be ensuring his/her country of safety and would be showing leadership. im sorry, but im not impressed at all by his actions, or many other government agencies right now, FEMA, the national guard, ....where the hell are they? i cant imagine being a resident, if you will, of New Orleans.

440exnacsracer
09-01-2005, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by z400m1x
Gas here is $3.09 a gal. RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!:grr:

come down to atlanta, ....right at $6.00 a gallon at some stations

urb'nyouthfilms
09-01-2005, 12:14 PM
its all rediculous. why is it that the price of a quart of oil stays at 2 dollars and never changes, and the gas just keeps sky rocketing up? its made from the same damn thing.

derekhonda
09-01-2005, 12:15 PM
My truck gets about 8 mpg on a really bad day, 10 on the highway.

That would suck if gas was 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 $ a gal up here because that would cost me like $.50 to $1 for every mile i drove. I need another CBR

Atkins
09-01-2005, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by urb'nyouthfilms
its all rediculous. why is it that the price of a quart of oil stays at 2 dollars and never changes, and the gas just keeps sky rocketing up? its made from the same damn thing.
Im gonna take a guess here. Maybe because its motor oil, its refined differently and uses different refineries than the gas refineries devastated down south. Thats my best guess, anyways.:confused:

derekhonda
09-01-2005, 12:22 PM
might have more to do with consumption, and the fact that there really isnt a lot of it.

Supply and demand folks, demand stays the same, supply stays the same=price stays the same.

HtFoxChick
09-01-2005, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by 440exnacsracer
you have your opinion, and im not trying to flame, but where is our "Great leader" at such a time of crisis, where are the troops to control the looting in New Orleans, perhaps gas rationing would be a good idea at this point:confused: he gave that short speach, but any other national leader across the world of a well established nation would be ensuring his/her country of safety and would be showing leadership. im sorry, but im not impressed at all by his actions, or many other government agencies right now, FEMA, the national guard, ....where the hell are they? i cant imagine being a resident, if you will, of New Orleans.

20,000 National Guard troops were sent there to control the looting.

Flynbryan19
09-01-2005, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by HtFoxChick
20,000 National Guard troops were sent there to control the looting.

And Bush is supposed to be on his way there today......

Hmm....... No what was that about where's our great leader? I won't get into it now because all it'll do is cause bickering and flaming, but he makes decisions everyday to save YOUR butt and protect your right to say what you want. Even if it is to knock what he does for our country.

Flynbryan19
09-01-2005, 01:04 PM
Also just saw on the news on my lunch break that he is sending some troops home from Iraq to help in the process as well. Take some time and watch the news this evening and get a better understanding of whats being done right now. ;)

FasstMidnightZ
09-01-2005, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by 440exnacsracer
come down to atlanta, ....right at $6.00 a gallon at some stations Ya, my g/f use to live in atlanta and goes there often. She said they acutally had to make a law or something saying it cant go over $6.00 !

Atkins
09-01-2005, 02:00 PM
I know this is supposed to be the no gas day but screw it. I got **** I have to do, and gas is only supposed to get worse. So its going to cost somewhere aroound $80-$100 to fill up my tank.:eek2:

Also, I heard somewhere that they are going to lower the emissions on gas to make it easier to refine temporarily to reduce prices...any truth o that?

spincr4hire
09-01-2005, 02:04 PM

what do the Bush's own in Texas jack*****?
the W hasn't done chit his second term except ride the coat-tails of 9-11

FasstMidnightZ
09-01-2005, 02:05 PM
I got word today that if the prices go up and stay up for a while then school is gonna be knocked down to 4 days. Because of the buses they said it costs like 100,000 more if it goes up by a few pennies :eek: :ermm: . But, i dont really wanna have to go all summer :p :ermm:

Crazy Honda
09-01-2005, 02:21 PM
Don't worry guy's and girl's all those countries we helped time and again will chime in soon:rolleyes:

Atkins
09-01-2005, 02:39 PM
Just filled it up...only cost $86. Its funny because the place where I went only had the most expensive gas at $3.13 left, where every other place had the cheap stuff for as much as $3.25.

Warnerade
09-01-2005, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by jack_no7
then ride the bus.............you don't always have to drive......when i was in high school if didn't have money for gas I rode the bus.... if i was to ride the bus from my house, to my regular school...then get off the bus, wait for the other bus to arrive, get on, leave and make the 25 mile drive to the daily school....i would be waiting for over an hour.

and along with that....i have to WORK, cant ride the bus to work, cant catch a ride to work, cant catch a ride home from work.

MOFO
09-01-2005, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by bomb_squad
Ya, my g/f use to live in atlanta and goes there often. She said they acutally had to make a law or something saying it cant go over $6.00 !

FYI, its called declaring a State of Emergency. While under this, gas prices are locked.

xrxmxcx
09-01-2005, 05:41 PM
my dad told me about the state or emergency deal too, has bush declared it one yet?

if he hasnt then thats definetly ret***ed, didnt he declare one for his brothers state when it got hit by a hurricane?

Warnerade
09-01-2005, 05:48 PM
http://toccionline.kizash.com/films/1001/178/

spincr4hire
09-01-2005, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
http://toccionline.kizash.com/films/1001/178/
thats great!

440exnacsracer
09-02-2005, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by Crazy Honda
Don't worry guy's and girl's all those countries we helped time and again will chime in soon:rolleyes:

lol, yea, im sure OPEC will cut us some slack since we've spent well over 100 billion on Iraq:confused: :ermm:

awesome video by the way

As far as atlanta gas stations, one close to my home was selling for over 3.50 yesterday and is getting hit by the federal government for price gouging, right now, a $5,000 fine. thats not steep enough if you ask me, the EPA has a 100,000 fine for erosion control violations on contractors, but a gas station screws over hundreds of American citizens and is slapped on the hand