PDA

View Full Version : oil swap question

NJ honda
08-29-2005, 07:43 AM
i am running a fully sythetic oil in my 400ex and my local shop doesnt have it anymore or any in order....but would be ok to run a semi synthetic for my next oil change and then go back to the full syn or should i stay semi once i go semi...

bigmatt86
08-30-2005, 12:06 PM
just run the semi for now its not going to do anything to your bike. I switched from synthetic to just regular old 1040 and it didn't do **** to my bike

cals400ex
08-30-2005, 02:26 PM
the main thing you need to watch out for is the friction modifiers and the energy conserving oils. you aren't supposed to run these. some do though. i would only run a good full synthetic in my bike unless i am breaking it in. however, i also pay $10 a quart which most wouldn't.

400exrider707
08-30-2005, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by cals400ex
the main thing you need to watch out for is the friction modifiers and the energy conserving oils. you aren't supposed to run these. some do though. i would only run a good full synthetic in my bike unless i am breaking it in. however, i also pay $10 a quart which most wouldn't.

I completely agree with this as well, btw which oil do you run? My oil is around that price as well.