PDA

View Full Version : YFZ problems ... Gas in My Oil

Quad18star
08-29-2005, 07:35 AM
Alright I need some help here guys ... I'm confused !!!

Alright well this past weekend I had to do an oil change on my YFZ after my decompression plug popped out . Well I started changing the oil and noticed that my oil had a smell to it . Sure enough , the oil was very diluted and smelt like gas REAL bad . I know for a fact that the last time I changed the oil I filled it up to proper specs and now the tank is full to the top . During the winter I installed a full sparks exhaust system , with their filter and jet kit ... that's about the only engine mods .

So what would cause gas to get in the engine oil?? Is it maybe cuz I'm jetted too rich ?? Did I blow something ?? The bike is an 04 but only has like 20 hours on it and has not been used in a year .

Also I noticed the other day that there is a tiny bit of anti-freeze that dripped from a,little weep hole under the engine .. I read that this is my water pump seal going bad?? Is that hard to change or what the heck is going on ??

USAF Dirtboy
08-29-2005, 08:20 AM
Have the carb cleaned out the same thing happened to me and all i did was getting the carb cleaned

86350x
09-02-2005, 09:35 AM
Stupid question, but did you shut the gas off. On some of the older bikes gas would get down into the crank case if you didn't. I shut mine off right after I kill the engine on all of my bikes.