PDA

View Full Version : a new face lift is under way

Pages : [1] 2

QuadJunkies
08-28-2005, 11:56 PM
This is where we are as of right now, We will be doing several things to it over the next few weeks, I wanted to get it all done before FT season gears up.

We already know that we will be replacing some items , Ill be replacing them with these
Fullbore plastic
Chassis
SwingArm
HandleBars
misc. Tranny components( shiftforks ect)
Chassis and Misc parts will be Powercoated
New Subframe(mines bent)
New Bumper( Troy ran it into a front loader MX racing lol )
New Seat cover
New Nerf Bars

I have been wanting to give my quad a face lift for a LOOONGGGG Time now ,and itr would seem like someone else always needed something first, so nothing better stand in my way this time!!!!! :grr:

MY bumper will be the new Creech Blingstar bumper, I will more than likely go with another set of PRo Armor Nerfs, but its not decided totaly yet. MY Swinger is a Roll Design ,seat cover Im shooting for another JEttrim, if the colors will work for what I am wanting, Im still waiting on some samples, Handlebars are Trail Tech,Fullbore will be my favortie color..... ORANGE...

Ill be posting up to date pics on how it all takes place . :blah:

QuadJunkies
08-28-2005, 11:57 PM
Ive never seen my quad neked before ... :o :eek2: :p

QuadJunkies
08-28-2005, 11:59 PM
Things were starting to show some age.

She should be down to the raw by tomorrow night :devil:

hondarider2006
08-29-2005, 12:23 AM
sounds like you have some money to play with;) Can't wait to see it finished:cool:

tater_kamik
08-29-2005, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Ive never seen my quad neked before ... :o :eek2: :p
i love seeing my quad naked, its so sexy!! :D cant wait to see it, how much are you planning to powdercoat, like are you doing the frame as well?

QuadJunkies
08-29-2005, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by tater_kamik
i love seeing my quad naked, its so sexy!! :D cant wait to see it, how much are you planning to powdercoat, like are you doing the frame as well? Unless I have an issue w/ my powdercoater , Ill be doing it Candy Purple :D IT will be the frame,case covers,stem,Swinger and any other small pieces I can find . I fugured this would be the best time to do a make over since we already had my Axle off and we now have to tear into my Tranny

Flynbryan19
08-29-2005, 08:00 AM
What is the deal with ya'll and tranny issues QJ...... :blah:

Should look great. Now you just need to get Troy a quad too and you two can have matching color combos. That would look pretty slick. :cool:

theTman
08-29-2005, 08:11 AM
my freind has that colro scheme on her 300ex/250r...hard to see the purple, but its on the a arms if you want an idea

http://www.bikepics.com/pics/pics/honda-300ex-02-bikepics-189270.jpg

QuadJunkies
08-29-2005, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Flynbryan19
What is the deal with ya'll and tranny issues QJ...... :blah:

Should look great. Now you just need to get Troy a quad too and you two can have matching color combos. That would look pretty slick. :cool: LOL! I dunno!!!:o this will be my second time in a litttle over a year bending a shift fork! :ermm:
Must be all that power shes got:p LOL

QuadJunkies
08-29-2005, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by theTman
my freind has that colro scheme on her 300ex/250r...hard to see the purple, but its on the a arms if you want an idea

http://www.bikepics.com/pics/pics/honda-300ex-02-bikepics-189270.jpg SWEET!!! Theres just something about those two colors together I really like. We done similar colors to our Preddy and I wanted to do something simililar. :)

QuadJunkies
08-29-2005, 08:31 AM
Im gonna shoot for this seat cover IF the purple is the right color... :blah:

08-29-2005, 09:55 AM
If not, it will be this seat w/ Purple or Orange stitching hey wheres the credit to all the photoshoppers that helped you in your decision? I still think you should go with this one:o and i did that seat cover too:o :p

08-29-2005, 09:57 AM
is this like the combo your going with?(without the case of course lmao)

QuadJunkies
08-29-2005, 10:00 AM
LOL! hey now.. I thanked everyone!!:blah:

I WAS going to go with Pink/black scheme, but it was way too hard to find a seat cover to match :( That was my 1st choice :ermm:

I was thinking of giving BRM a call and ordering some custome vinyl plates once my PC and plastic arrives, what color of plates should I go with (background,outlines ect.) I liked the selecion they have .

QuadJunkies
08-29-2005, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by aLLoY MX 428
is this like the combo your going with?(without the case of course lmao) Yes, somewhat ... Minus the Maier plastic, Ill be going with Fullbore this time. it will look alot in colors like the Predators was , only more"PURPLE" than "BURPLE" in color than his was :p

08-29-2005, 10:13 AM
when i made this i thought this would be a cool scheme for your 400:macho

QuadJunkies
08-29-2005, 10:49 AM
This is ^^^ a sweet color... BLack is tight with any color :cool:

tater_kamik
08-29-2005, 04:30 PM
the first seat you showed is sic! i love the stitching! i should have gotten mine done:mad: the purple on that quad looks great too!

fastexgirl4c
08-29-2005, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by theTman

http://www.bikepics.com/pics/pics/honda-300ex-02-bikepics-189270.jpg

blah..wat a bad pic from last season
http://image54.webshots.com/54/8/60/64/411486064FXzvOH_ph.jpg

http://image52.webshots.com/152/8/55/1/411485501dmPMDz_ph.jpg
this is after the winter rebuild.. now it runs everyweekend
the orange/purple is siiick.. im glad i went wit it ... it will be the scheme to my next quad too:cool::)

QuadJunkies
08-29-2005, 11:32 PM
the first seat you showed is sic! i love the stitching! i should have gotten mine done:mad: the purple on that quad looks great too! This will be the 3rd jet trim seat Ive gotten, we even had one made for my lil man

I LOVE IT TOO!! :blah:

Almost got it torn down tonight... Until the stupid swing Arm bolt wont come out!!!!!!!:mad:

tater_kamik
08-30-2005, 01:09 AM
seems like that is a pretty common problem with the 400, get a bigger hammer!!:devil:

jeepnrocks
08-30-2005, 08:56 AM
that first seat cover is sharp!!

TheFontMaster
08-30-2005, 10:26 AM
seems like that is a pretty common problem with the 400, get a bigger hammer!!:devil:

Or a saw:o

Good luck with your quad, it's gonna look nice when its done, and won't be colors you see too often.

jak1389
08-30-2005, 10:46 AM
use an air compressor and use the air chissel. i got mine out for the 1st time in like 5 minutes, in the beging of june.

QuadJunkies
08-31-2005, 11:24 AM
that swingarm bolt is a beeitch! But , Troy had to cut it out and now things should be going alot more smoothly... Im now off to find me a powdercoater, hopefully that goes easier :scary:

Flynbryan19
08-31-2005, 12:04 PM
Apparently this is a common problem QJ. I remember reading that Rico had the same problem with his Swingarm bolt. Keep us up to date. ;)

QuadJunkies
09-04-2005, 02:25 PM
everything is going pretty well, my PC4000 kit is really holding well, no need to replace Cam or Piston, but Ill be needing some new rockers this time, its been two years since the last ones were replaced.

QuadJunkies
09-04-2005, 02:26 PM
I was obvuisly runnin on the fat side this summer but it still looks good!

QuadJunkies
09-04-2005, 02:26 PM

QuadJunkies
09-04-2005, 02:29 PM
Im fairly confident the Vavles are good to go too, I run C-12 so I think this is why they are this color.. Ive had no loss in power or any issues ,but since its all torn down, we thought this would be a good time to reaplce anything that needs replaced, including upgrading bolts,tranny parts,all gaskets ect...

tater_kamik
09-04-2005, 05:01 PM
Im fairly confident the Vavles are good to go too, I run C-12 so I think this is why they are this color.. Ive had no loss in power or any issues ,but since its all torn down, we thought this would be a good time to reaplce anything that needs replaced, including upgrading bolts,tranny parts,all gaskets ect...
seems like a good excuse to go get some ferrea or kibblewhite valves:D

QuadJunkies
09-04-2005, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex
the eaziest way to find a powercoater in your area is to look in the phonebook if you havent tried that already...i know thats how i found my powercoater I know ,but no one wants t odo a Trans color, its NOt that easy actually . :ermm:

Im thinking of sending to Pappy if he has some free time ! :D

WEll, I found out tonight I have 6 in total to replace:grr: I had a feeling it would be this way, 1st gear wore down very strange, I am going to also replace the Barnett Clutch kit I have , I HATE it, Ill be going back to stock or maybe trying a EBC, I cant afford a Hinson right now .So as usual, some added expense will be added :(

Hows this for 1st gear :o

QuadJunkies
09-04-2005, 07:01 PM
No shiftforks needed though!

QuadJunkies
09-04-2005, 07:01 PM
:)

FasstMidnightZ
09-04-2005, 07:05 PM
Lookin good QJ :cool:

Can't wait to see it when its done. :)

QuadJunkies
09-04-2005, 07:07 PM
seems like a good excuse to go get some ferrea or kibblewhite valves:D LOL I already have aftermarket Vavles and they are good to GO!

I think thats what I actually have ... :devil:

QuadJunkies
09-04-2005, 07:08 PM
I had a good time see all the Guts...!!! :blah:

MY Valves say KCY on them, who makes those??

QuadJunkies
09-04-2005, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by BlueZ440
Great now 3 people are going to have orange in Idaho..:grr: :ermm: :o Thats cause you all copied Troy first!! :blah: LOL

No one will have my PC though :D

QuadJunkies
09-04-2005, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by JR3
QJ can u anwser the question i asked in ur pivot bolt stuck thread shoot me a link and Ill check it out :)

QuadJunkies
09-04-2005, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex
thats expensive....too expensive

i can proally get my frame repowdercoated any time i want free...my girlfriends grandmother works at a powedercoating/plating company here in lynchburg

if not free for a couple of bucks LOL now you know why Im on the hunt for a good painter!! :p ;)

Im jealous!! you are VERY lucky, I have one guy locally, but I cant seem to get ahold of him :ermm: He done TRoys frame and done a beautiful job. I need to get this done soon though, cuase it could be getting painted while we are getting all the other stuff done ! :eek2:

TCracin440ex
09-04-2005, 07:27 PM
LOL now you know why Im on the hunt for a good painter!! :p ;)

Im jealous!! you are VERY lucky, I have one guy locally, but I cant seem to get ahold of him :ermm: He done TRoys frame and done a beautiful job. I need to get this done soon though, cuase it could be getting painted while we are getting all the other stuff done ! :eek2:

yea i was thinking about getting her to have my sub frame chrome dipped....hehe

if i could help you in anyway i could i kno there are like 2 or 3 p/c companys arround here that i could find out for you if they would do it and what it would cost...

TheFontMaster
09-04-2005, 07:32 PM
This is the 4th frame to be painted so we know most all the guys in town, else they want 500.00 bones to paint and /or wont touch Trans colors, also antoher 125.00 to blast it, I have two pieces that are already PC'd that Ill have to blast, the new Subframe I bought and a new/used swing Arm

For that price you could have it shipped to Pappy and it would still be cheaper. Thats why I never got my frame powdercoated, and I settled with the auto paint I could get.

QuadJunkies
09-04-2005, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
For that price you could have it shipped to Pappy

I actually talked to Pappy tonight, Ill be shipping it out later this week.:blah:

insaneracin2003
09-04-2005, 10:07 PM
definately send to Pappy,i love the work he did for me and he also gusseted it for me.....for cheaper than you got quoted,that was also being shipped from houston to pappy and back

QuadJunkies
09-04-2005, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by insaneracin2003
definately send to Pappy,i love the work he did for me and he also gusseted it for me.....for cheaper than you got quoted,that was also being shipped from houston to pappy and back My stuff has to go all the way from Idaho!! :eek:

Hopefully UPS hasnt went up like the rising fuel costs have lately... :scary:

TheFontMaster
09-04-2005, 10:19 PM
I actually talked to Pappy tonight, Ill be shipping it out later this week.:blah:

I know you already know this but he does great work, He's only done a couple small parts for me, but I plan on having the 250r there for a rebuild in the next year or 2, and I seen alot of his work at the Rausch ride.

Pappy
09-05-2005, 07:02 AM
I actually talked to Pappy tonight,

she chatted with the #1 hick this side of the mississippi

:eek:

QuadJunkies
09-05-2005, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
she chatted with the #1 hick this side of the mississippi

:eek: lol, didnt sound like no hick to me!!! :p
it was a pleasure talkin ;)

QuadJunkies
09-09-2005, 12:59 PM
Fullbore orderecd today, I got the Chrome Tank Cover as well, I also ordered the PRo Armor Nerfs w/ pegs/heels guards, Blingstars DC bumper, new Head Gaskets, ALL NEW gears, we decided not to mix original and new anymore and just start with a fresh Tranny, I now need to oprder a seat cover and Custom numbers, just not sure who to order from on the numbers just yet ... My seat will more than likely be another Jet Trim(Like Troys was) if the color schemes match up.

Im also going to order new clutch kit, I hate the Barnett, I had better luck with OEM plates,so that will be ordered as well .
Ill be shipping off the frameand misc parts to have PC'd as soon as I get it all boed up, Im hoping for early next week,Troy will work on reessembing the motor while its being done .!!!
:macho

QuadJunkies
09-10-2005, 10:32 AM
they still work nicely. :)
thats why I am ordering another set.

QuadJunkies
09-10-2005, 10:46 AM
dont hink ive ever seen the heel guard cracked!! thats awesome!! lol My Daughter cracked hers the first day :o

They had some small cracks forming, so I decuded t ojust take care of that now before they cracked all the way off at arace or something, I cracked them in the whoops at the dunes this summer , I about went over the bars :o

Oh and the nets are new :)

tater_kamik
09-10-2005, 10:48 AM
definately a smart thing to do it immediately, it would suck to have them break off and rub against the wheels or somehting like that, how did your daughter's break and what happened?

09-10-2005, 10:51 AM
is that peg attached? lol

QuadJunkies
09-10-2005, 10:57 AM
is that peg attached? lol for now yes, I just posted that so you could see the nerfs, those pags are going in the Garbage !! I got some new ones on order too :D

tater_kamik ~~ Thats the funny part, she wasnt doing ANYTHING but riding a wide open track, lets just say they didnt come with the best welds for a new nerf ,so we fixed hers as well.

:ermm:

tater_kamik
09-10-2005, 10:58 AM
thats a shame, sometimes aftermarket sucks!!!! but most of the time!!:D

09-10-2005, 11:07 AM
for now yes, I just posted that so you could see the nerfs, those pags are going in the Garbage !! I got some new ones on order too :D

tater_kamik ~~ Thats the funny part, she wasnt doing ANYTHING but riding a wide open track, lets just say they didnt come with the best welds for a new nerf ,so we fixed hers as well.

:ermm: Do these work with stock pegs?

QuadJunkies
09-10-2005, 11:14 AM
Do these work with stock pegs? yes they do.

QuadJunkies
09-11-2005, 08:32 PM
well, we ran into a few hang ups, but we have got most of them figured out, the new subframe we bought used for a freind was not going to work after seeing this...:ermm:

QuadJunkies
09-11-2005, 08:33 PM
hes a friendof ours so Ill just get my refund, he had no idea it was like that. and Ill do the grab bar mod.
Im just glad we spotted that befoe jumping it ...:eek: :eek2:

QuadJunkies
09-11-2005, 08:36 PM
sO Ill be ordering this in a few, I just HOPE it fits whereIll be chopping off my old grab bar, I was told to get a 450r grabb bar or a 89 250r grab bar. I like how this one has a place fort he number plate :) so Ill be calling Jeff at Blingstar again to order more BLING for my quad tomorrow.

QuadJunkies
09-11-2005, 08:36 PM
I also ordered this today...

I also found out after a more complete inspection that I basically should replace my Entire tranny gears and shift forks and start fresh instead of mixing old na new gears, my other gear were OK, but we went ahead and ordered all new gears and two new shift forks:ermm: also I will need a new basket as I have a little more play in it than I prol. should, this might ecplain why I have been slipping out of gear and replacing 1st and 2nd two years in a row! :scary:
My new plastic should be here Tues. :D

prepracing
09-11-2005, 09:50 PM
those are great airboxes, I have been running mine for 2 years. The only week spot I have found is the rear bracket, mine had a small crack running across it ( thats 2 years of GNCC racing and some playtime on motorcross tracks ), so I just replaced it with a stainless steel bracket and all is well.

QuadJunkies
09-13-2005, 11:35 AM
Ill also be adding a rear custom plate ,rear fenders and front nose piece with a set of mxprographx. When I get my new gear, he will make me a new custome number for my shirt and checst protector to match:) Don was a great pleasure to deal with. I cant wait to see the finished product!

I chose the design on the left :)

Wait until you see the material I picked for my seat cover>> OMG.. ITs da bomb!!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/QuadJunkies/kuna.jpg

tater_kamik
09-14-2005, 06:22 AM
great choice!! that looks sweet!

QuadJunkies
09-14-2005, 10:10 AM
thanks!
Parts are arriving... MY fullbore came yesterday :devil: OMG its soooo sweet!!!! I HATE all this waiting!!

New piston rings from JE showed today,, head gaskets from Duncan, and my new Bumper :D

Jersey450R
09-14-2005, 10:58 AM
dont hink ive ever seen the heel guard cracked!! thats awesome!!
Mine broke 2 weeks after i had them from excessive jumping and the heel gaurds smashing on the ground. this happens when you mount the propeg mount upside down in order to lower your pegs an inch.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid166/p5ae54b77889ae741d025b38603ba0a66/f44ebec9.jpg

Jersey450R
09-14-2005, 11:02 AM
so i got it welded and it happened again the next time i went riding :mad: So i went over to a buddy rusty's house and see what he could have done. This guy is a nasty welder and does awesome work! hes going to be doing my gusset kit durring the winter. anyways, this is what we came up with. look how much thicker the aluminum gusset is. i think pro-armor shoud go back to the R&D department and seek out ideas like i had ;)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid181/pc0017f75a2092877108d629260eca1c0/f2cfaadd.jpg

Sorry for the dirty pics.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid181/pf86c54282940a1b80ef35f36aea16e49/f2cfaac6.jpg

QuadJunkies
09-14-2005, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Jersey450R
. i think pro-armor shoud go back to the R&D department and seek out ideas like i had ;)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid181/pc0017f75a2092877108d629260eca1c0/f2cfaadd.jpg

Sorry for the dirty pics.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid181/pf86c54282940a1b80ef35f36aea16e49/f2cfaac6.jpg

Por Armor isnt the only ones that does this... My Daughters are trhe ones that cracked after one day of riding . I do agree, some reinforcements should come standardd on all the Heel guards. nice job!

Jersey450R
09-14-2005, 11:16 AM
I do agree, some reinforcements should come standardd on all the Heel guards. nice job!

I agree also. Thank you on the nice job! I will tell all that they will never crack again. they are so strong now, almost too strong if you know what i mean. I now beleive i have the best set of nerfs on planet earth. hahaha. :blah:

QuadJunkies
09-15-2005, 09:54 AM
new bumper came :D

09-15-2005, 10:09 AM
new bumper came :D shiny:eek: What bumper is that?

QuadJunkies
09-15-2005, 10:43 AM
thats Blingstars new DC bumper (Dana Creech)
I think I will be the 1st to sport one of these on an EX :blah:

Speaking of Blingstar, just wait until you see the BLING thats coming for the minis... :devil:

Ill be doing a write up review on the latest project, it will be in the making in the next week or two...

QuadJunkies
09-15-2005, 10:47 AM
heres a shot of the back of it where you bolt in your number

tater_kamik
09-15-2005, 02:02 PM
that bumper is friggin sweet!! i need to take some pics of my project to show how its come along... too bad it still wont roll!

Jersey450R
09-15-2005, 02:13 PM
QuadJunkies, I cannot wait till this project/rebuild is over! This is what i come to check up on everyday. Make sure to post pics asap!

Jerz.

QuadJunkies
09-15-2005, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Jersey450R
QuadJunkies, I cannot wait till this project/rebuild is over! This is what i come to check up on everyday. Make sure to post pics asap!

Jerz. me too, cause its making us BROKE !!!! lol :scary: :p
I ended up replacing ALL tranny components to be safe ,so that took alot more exspenditure than I had planned :( But its better to be safe and then I wont have to do it again for a long time ,its had ALOT of miles on it,so it was due.
MY gaskets, new chain and roller arrived today

Im really stoked cause it will have its own look.. ;)

I was thinknig MAYBE... New wheels...... :devil: IF I have enough left over we will see if so. this will be what I might get , Ive wanted them for a long time now ... :D

QuadJunkies
09-16-2005, 09:18 AM
i like them, but just a little too much bling, i would take hypers over those anyday these would go on FT tires, not my MX set up :)

The website is http://www.keizerwheels.com/

they arent qwuite that BLINGY when on, I have seen them before on a qaud and they are so sweet.

I like the Hypers, but I cant think what they would have that I would like color wise...??

Maybe Ill just go with another set of Burgards. :)

I could go with maybe a full set of spinners!! :eek: :p

digga_b
09-16-2005, 11:06 AM
We run Keizer wheels for the rain tires on our solo V. They are well made and SUPER light. I would imagine the atv wheels are the same quality.:D

BTW, we just took 14th out of 28 in the Nationals today.:cool:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/digga_b/DSC_651.jpg

QuadJunkies
09-16-2005, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by digga_b
We run Keizer wheels for the rain tires on our solo V. They are well made and SUPER lite. I would imagine the atv wheels are the same quality.:D

BTW, we just took 14th out of 28 in the Nationals today.:cool:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/digga_b/DSC_651.jpg

Congrats!!! Yes- I have heard NOTHING but good about those wheels,thats why I wanted a set :)

digga_b
09-16-2005, 11:16 AM
Thanks! Dad (The driver) is a little disappointed in himself. He hit a cone yesterday (adds a second to your time), if he didn't, he would be in 9th or 10th I think. Oh well, thats racing. But 14th fastest in the Country isn't too bad!:D

tater_kamik
09-16-2005, 04:26 PM
they do look sweet! the pic with em on digga_b's car is pretty sweet! and they are light and strong?!? sounds friggin awesome! how much do they weigh compared to an comparable itp or even an hyper wheel?

QuadJunkies
09-17-2005, 07:08 PM
graphics came after only two days after I ordered them!! :cool: Talk about FAST service!! :macho
They turned out even BETTER than I had thought they would... I HIGHLY reccomend...

I just have these taped on there to get a look at what the will look like :)

QuadJunkies
09-17-2005, 07:09 PM
I messed up the nose piece so I hav eto order another one :o :grr: :(

QuadJunkies
09-17-2005, 07:10 PM
you cant tell in the pic cause my Camera is a POS :rolleyes: but the purple is like a purple metalic in color. I am REALLY inpressed how well they turned out! :blah:

TheFontMaster
09-17-2005, 07:27 PM
Man I can't wait to see that plastic on a freshly powdercoated purple frame.

QuadJunkies
09-17-2005, 07:33 PM
Man I can't wait to see that plastic on a freshly powdercoated purple frame. me too! :D

QuadJunkies
09-20-2005, 11:26 AM
nerfs

QuadJunkies
09-21-2005, 10:19 AM
New nose piece, I cant believe how speedy these guys are on ther service!! :blah:

QuadJunkies
09-21-2005, 10:21 AM
this is the part that we have been waiting for, so now things can REALLY start getting serious.... :macho

It just hope it fits! It will be use to do the Grab bar mod so it will be cut and fitted before I ship it off to Pappy. This is the MXC grab bar from Blingstar, it comes with a place on the back to mount your number plate .

QuadJunkies
09-21-2005, 10:24 AM
Heres the Alum. box . it arrived to day also.. A new seat cover will be delivered in a few days, Im also thinking of MAYBE a new pipe,or at least a new can mine is dented and could use a new one. Im just not sure what Pipe to get that would be worth paying the price when I already have a Yoshi full system.

QuadJunkies
09-23-2005, 10:08 AM
Sub frame is now modified to fit the new bliingstar grab bar....

Its getting boxed up tomorrow to ship off to Pappy to get PC'd on Mon. :devil:

QuadJunkies
09-23-2005, 10:11 AM
I tell ya, Im aboit to go stir crazy, I have NEVER went this only w/o riding and Im about to have a breakdown... lol

We are essembling the motor this wk end so its all about done !!
My 440ex might now the be fastest quad out there, but its sure gonna be one of the Sickest!! :devil: :blah:

tater_kamik
09-23-2005, 10:22 AM
I tell ya, Im aboit to go stir crazy, I have NEVER went this only w/o riding and Im about to have a breakdown... lol

We are essembling the motor this wk end so its all about done !!
My 440ex might now the be fastest quad out there, but its sure gonna be one of the Sickest!! :devil: :blah:

dont feel bad, i went 2 months without riding because i screwed up my hand, and i still havent finished my raptor!! :mad: you have some great looking stuff!!!! which wheels did you end up getting?

tater_kamik
09-23-2005, 10:23 AM
btw, your numbers look sweet!!!!!

QuadJunkies
09-23-2005, 11:31 AM
dont feel bad, i went 2 months without riding because i screwed up my hand, and i still havent finished my raptor!! :mad: you have some great looking stuff!!!! which wheels did you end up getting? Ill be going on THREE MONTHS !! :scary: :(

tater_kamik
09-23-2005, 12:00 PM
ouch!!! you are gonna be sore after the first time riding again!!! i got back on a couple of weeks ago and i couldnt even ride hard for an hour before i was done

Mxjunkie
09-23-2005, 12:07 PM
Ill be going on THREE MONTHS !! :scary: :(

Mine took 7 months lol you'll live :p

TheFontMaster
09-23-2005, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
Mine took 7 months lol you'll live :p

Mines going on 11 months, and let me tell you beating on a 250ex at the mx tracks at rausch creek for 2 hours is not what you do when you haven't been riding for 10 months, but I did it anyways.

QuadJunkies
09-23-2005, 11:49 PM
ouch!!! you are gonna be sore after the first time riding again!!! i got back on a couple of weeks ago and i couldnt even ride hard for an hour before i was done Oh I KNOW I will be.. !!! Im not as young as you pups are either... :o lol

I just want some seat time before FT racing, cause Im gonna be VERY rusty not having alot of seat time this year . :ermm:

tater_kamik
09-24-2005, 12:22 AM
i am gonna run into the same prob, im going to the desert for 4-5 months, add that with very little seat time for my warrior and no time for my raptor... i can see it now, a post on my injury when i get back!!!! i may be young but i am beat to hell!! im gonna turn 22 when im gone, but i dont even get to drink and party to celeb\rate, what kind of bs is that?!?! i also didnt get to party for my 21st, which was over there...:mad: grrr.... you have some great vids and are a great rider, and you have good taste, i cannot wait to see you jumping your quad again during a race!!!!

QuadJunkies
09-24-2005, 12:36 AM
well thanks! Ill try and get the ole man to shoot some pics if he hasnt forgot how to use the camera...

WAIT!........ I dont think he ever learned.... :o :ermm: lol

Hopefully Ill have a new one buy then...

tater_kamik
09-24-2005, 12:51 AM
damn young pups! whats sad is that i can feel a lot of joints and problems i used to not be able to feel... when i wreck now, it hurts! i cant just get up and laugh like it never happened. waaaaah!!! why cant i be young?!?!?!??!?!:mad:

QuadJunkies
09-27-2005, 10:38 AM
I CANNOT tell you how bad Im HATING this POS camera right now... :mad:

this color is so awesome in person, its a errodecent Purple and should match pretty close to the Purple my frame will be ,at least it looks like the Picture of the purple wrenches in the picture :)

This is a Jettrim seat, this is our third seat of theres, Customer service is ALWAYS the best, fast service and the quality of there vinyl /stitching is always top notch. Thanks Kelly for a GREAT seat cover!

Ill post another pic of it with it installed on the seat

tater_kamik
09-27-2005, 10:40 AM
im jealous!!

QuadJunkies
09-27-2005, 10:42 AM
:D me and my Boy's seat will match! (well, his is blue)

In the pic,mine looks blue:ermm:

tater_kamik
09-27-2005, 10:32 PM
probably just needs the right light on it to have the correct color, you know, like outside on your quad:blah: im starting to wonder if you are gonna beat me on my build up, and i have a 5 month start?? if i dont get it done before friday, i dont get to work on it for atleast 4 months so i have to get it done. you have a ton of parts there! i see a head, bumper....

09-27-2005, 10:39 PM
Will you be selling the Yoshi system/can?

QuadJunkies
09-27-2005, 11:26 PM
Will you be selling the Yoshi system/can? my can is dented but yes.. Ill be selling my full systemfor a good price if I get another one. :)

09-28-2005, 11:46 AM
my can is dented but yes.. Ill be selling my full systemfor a good price if I get another one. :) Dibs:cool:

QuadJunkies
09-28-2005, 11:49 AM
Dibs:cool: lol you said that about the nerfs !! :p

09-28-2005, 06:16 PM
lol you said that about the nerfs !! :p As i recall i PMed you ready to purchase and they were gone:o

:blah:

QuadJunkies
09-28-2005, 11:34 PM
As i recall i PMed you ready to purchase and they were gone:o

no,no,no... you said Mon. and I never heard back ,THEN... I sold them

:blah: :D ;)

QuadJunkies
10-01-2005, 03:39 PM
well, yet ANOTHER hold up.... Starting to to get it all back together today ............

my new clutch basket has one finger BENT! :mad: I have to re-order a new one on Mon. :ermm:

QuadJunkies
10-07-2005, 12:22 AM
well, heres where we are now!!
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1842731#post1842731

NOW Im REALLY starting to get Excited!!! :blah:

MY Basket is in and the rest of the motor will go back together this wk end . Tranny is done :)

Troy said he cant believe how easy the 400ex is to work on

a-1
10-08-2005, 09:59 PM
looking good keep us posted

a-1
10-12-2005, 08:41 PM
lets see some more progress pics

a-1
10-12-2005, 08:51 PM
picture of your old nerfs quadjunkies im putting them to good use and thanks again they are great

Pappy
10-12-2005, 08:51 PM
update for QJ

if all goes well, your frame and other parts will be finished this week. ill be sure to post pics for you

QuadJunkies
10-12-2005, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by a-1
picture of your old nerfs quadjunkies im putting them to good use and thanks again they are great SWEET! Glad ya like them ;)

QuadJunkies
10-12-2005, 11:43 PM
update for QJ

if all goes well, your frame and other parts will be finished this week. ill be sure to post pics for you thanks Paps ;)

A-1 , Ill have more up when my parts arrive :)

MY motor will be completed this wk end IF I have no more hang ups that is :ermm:

QuadJunkies
10-17-2005, 11:45 PM
Badaboom... BadaBing......:D :devil:

QuadJunkies
10-17-2005, 11:46 PM
this is sooooo purdy..... :cool:
Soon it will be essembly time!!!

QuadJunkies
10-18-2005, 12:44 AM
Troy and a freind finished up the bottom end this wk end, all but the new rings to the piston are ready(we needed a ring puller??).....

I do need to still buy a new insert for my stem,its no longer ANTI- VIBE ,just not sure what I need yet, its an older style top I think :confused: so Ill be giving LSR a jingle this week. Also got to buy some Grade 10 bolts.Seat cover is now installed.
Now I need to find some time to make myself shine up my wheels and order a new set from Burgards for my fronts for some slicks :devil:

Also, just got some chrome Trail Tech bars, just not sure on my Clamp and/or riser just yet, Ive got some time to think about that one .;)

Woodsrider
10-18-2005, 01:36 AM
Sure is purty;) I cant wait to see the engine all together and in the frame. Is that the micro-texture black? Or is it just a satin finish?
That trans purple looks like its really going to shimmer in the sun:D

QuadJunkies
10-18-2005, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Woodsrider
Sure is purty;) I cant wait to see the engine all together and in the frame. Is that the micro-texture black? Or is it just a satin finish?
That trans purple looks like its really going to shimmer in the sun:D All I know is that its Stealth Black...

I cant wait to see it up agaisnt orange!:blah:

Ghost-Rider
10-18-2005, 01:52 PM
dude that things gonna be sweet! at first when you said purple i thought ewwwww but that stuff looks nice!

JOEX
10-18-2005, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Ghost-Rider
dude that things gonna be sweet! at first when you said purple i thought ewwwww but that stuff looks nice!
That should be 'dudette':o :p

a-1
10-18-2005, 03:34 PM
looks good quadjunkies

BlasterEaten250
10-18-2005, 03:36 PM
I love that heat shield:cool:

lonestar13r
10-18-2005, 04:06 PM
I love the side cases !!! I'm thinking about getting mine done the same or chromed. I'm currently rebuilding my 400 also, not sure on my color schem yet, i think i might end up with stock red plastics and a hood to save some money, i need an axle and stem and a few other odds and ends. I really like your grab bar set up. I'm doing the 440 12:1 deal also, hope this beast will rip like a mofo when i'm done. Looks preety Sweet , keep it up!
-Ethan

QuadJunkies
10-19-2005, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by BlasterEaten250
I love that heat shield:cool:

some of the parts rolled into today...
you should see it in person.... :devil: Im gonna get some more pics with my POS camera and see if I cant display some more of Pappys masterpiece. :cool:
thanks everyone, Im pretty excited!!

QuadJunkies
10-19-2005, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by JOEX
That should be 'dudette':o :p :blah:

QuadJunkies
10-19-2005, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by lonestar13r
I love the side cases !!! I'm thinking about getting mine done the same or chromed. I'm currently rebuilding my 400 also, not sure on my color schem yet, i think i might end up with stock red plastics and a hood to save some money, i need an axle and stem and a few other odds and ends. I really like your grab bar set up. I'm doing the 440 12:1 deal also, hope this beast will rip like a mofo when i'm done. Looks preety Sweet , keep it up!
-Ethan good luck with your rebuild!!!Its stressful, but exciting too!

MAaudioX10
10-19-2005, 12:16 AM
Girl, tell me that sub-frame isn't purple....

QuadJunkies
10-19-2005, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by MAaudioX10
Girl, tell me that sub-frame isn't purple.... :D

It was that or pink!! I still kinda wish I could have done the pink, But I cant see Troy riding a pink quad... LMFAO!!!

I say we do lilQj's black and pink next ,would look sweet with a set of slicks too :devil:

MAaudioX10
10-19-2005, 12:25 AM
:D

It was that or pink!! I still kinda wish I could have done the pink, But I cant see Troy riding a pink quad... LMFAO!!!

I say we do lilQj's black and pink next ,would look sweet with a set of slicks too :devil:

You know what, if there was anyone that would have done it....I knew it was you....

QuadJunkies
10-19-2005, 12:28 AM
well cross your fingers that I just bought the Lotto ticket tongiht thats worth 340 million.... Ill be able to trick out alot of quads any color I want...

Pappy can become my PC Pimp :bandit:
LOL

so....... you like???

Pappy
10-19-2005, 05:18 AM
cool, glad you liked what you have recieved so far.

the heatshield looked like it had some ripples on the top of it, i think its from the polishing someone had once done on it and the pc brought it out. if it looks bad when installed, send it back and ill do it in stealth black to hide it.

FoxRacing81
10-19-2005, 07:12 AM
well cross your fingers that I just bought the Lotto ticket tongiht thats worth 340 million.... Ill be able to trick out alot of quads any color I want...

Pappy can become my PC Pimp :bandit:
LOL

so....... you like???

Nope. My dad is gonna win that. It's his birthday.

Sick looking parts there QJ! Should be one badass EX when it's done.

-Justin

QuadJunkies
10-27-2005, 12:05 AM
All the PC'd parts are now here,hopefully most will be done this wk end if there is no hold ups ... Sorry, but most of the pics Ill be taking wont be true on color. The purple turned out just like I wanted and matched my seat VERY well!! :blah: it will look blue most likely in all my photos due to the Camera quality

Pappy
10-27-2005, 05:30 AM
kind of scary seeing that hammer and screwdriver in the pic:eek:

QuadJunkies
10-27-2005, 10:13 AM
LOL I figured someone would pick up on that :p

Ill just make sure and stay out of his way in the garage this wk end :uhoh:

QuadJunkies
10-29-2005, 01:44 PM
a few things went together last night.. We found yet another part I need to order... New Chain guard.Mine is toast. :ermm: but thats no biggie

QuadJunkies
10-29-2005, 01:44 PM
My rotor was bent to crap ,so we got a new one .This is a Sand dragon Swing Arm +1.5 I believe

QuadJunkies
10-29-2005, 02:10 PM
Motor is about done..

QuadJunkies
10-29-2005, 02:11 PM
Frame and Sub frame

lonestar13r
10-29-2005, 03:58 PM
that things coming along sweet quad junkie'. My rotor is bent to some place and back also ! i'm going to try to straiten it for a decent spare, but bigger deal to me, i slpit my rotor hub , all 4 arms off !!! :grr: so i'm going to have to pick up a new hub for that some time. i never really had to price one of them, i'm hoping it dosn't kill me to bad. lookn' good ! like the pics.
-Ethan

QuadJunkies
10-29-2005, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by lonestar13r
that things coming along sweet quad junkie'. My rotor is bent to some place and back also ! i'm going to try to straiten it for a decent spare, but bigger deal to me, i slpit my rotor hub , all 4 arms off !!! :grr: so i'm going to have to pick up a new hub for that some time. i never really had to price one of them, i'm hoping it dosn't kill me to bad. lookn' good ! like the pics.
-Ethan I havent found ANYTHING about quads to be cheap yet! :p

QuadJunkies
10-29-2005, 08:51 PM
NOW Im starting to feel like I may get to ride soon!!! :blah:

sorry, Ill get better pics tomorrow, its dark right now and the garage isnt the best lighting for pics ... But I had to take a few quick shots! :macho

QuadJunkies
10-29-2005, 08:51 PM

QuadJunkies
10-29-2005, 08:52 PM
my ole man and two of his buds puttin her togehter...

Pappy
10-29-2005, 08:55 PM
where is the white non fingerprint leaving gloves:grr: :blah:

jak1389
10-29-2005, 08:57 PM
i cant wait to see it all put together. should look pretty purty and unique:)

QuadJunkies
10-29-2005, 09:01 PM
where is the white non fingerprint leaving gloves:grr: :blah:
Ill be doing the polishing :D I got a kit coming for my wheels as well...

Pappy, you didnt happen to remember to ask Izzy if he had any 4/1 offsetts did ya?? I forgot myself until this week...

QuadJunkies
10-29-2005, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by jak1389
and unique:)

thats what I was shootin for ... ;)

Pappy
10-29-2005, 09:56 PM
all he had was 3-2 beadlocks and rims. 4-1's arent really all that popular until you get into the folks that actually know about them:p

i have a few sets prdered, when they are ready ill let ya now and see if ya still need a set

jesshamner
10-29-2005, 09:57 PM
More pics more pics! My sister is wanting to go with a black and purple color scheme. I think that frame in purple will look good. I'm curious to see what yours will look like in the sun.

450robot
10-29-2005, 10:27 PM
do i spot a DR pc4000 cylinder? or am i seeing things?:cool: that thing is pimp

and the bike is beautiful! my favorite color scheme ive seen yet! and its the parts to win the races too!

A+ work!

QuadJunkies
10-29-2005, 10:50 PM
all he had was 3-2 beadlocks and rims. 4-1's arent really all that popular until you get into the folks that actually know about them:p

i have a few sets prdered, when they are ready ill let ya now and see if ya still need a set Ohhhhhhhh....... I will need them alright...!! I need them in time for my race.. Nov 19th!! :eek2: Thanks ;)

QuadJunkies
10-29-2005, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by 450robot
do i spot a DR pc4000 cylinder? or am i seeing things?:cool: that thing is pimp

Sho is .... http://photobucket.com/albums/v348/QuadJunkies/th_105.gif

QuadJunkies
10-29-2005, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by jesshamner
I'm curious to see what yours will look like in the sun. Im gonna try and see if my freind will remembr to bring his Camera over next time, maybe his will take a decent pic :ermm:

QuadJunkies
10-30-2005, 01:57 PM
heres a few more .....Thisis the Dana Creech Bumper by Blingstar... I think the bumper is a VERY nice enhancement:cool:

QuadJunkies
10-30-2005, 01:57 PM
close up

QuadJunkies
10-30-2005, 01:58 PM
ahhhh.. now this pic you can see the purple a LITTLE bit better...

Pappy coated my Stem Stealth black.

QuadJunkies
10-30-2005, 02:01 PM
The air box is getting installed...

Pappy dont worry, the can of Hurculiner in the background wasnt used on my Quad parts :p that was used on my trailer! lol

BlueZ440
10-30-2005, 03:15 PM
it's looking just like the predator..

What picture are you going to put on the bumper..LOL.. it looks like a picture frame:huh

FasstMidnightZ
10-30-2005, 03:17 PM
That is coming along VERY nice ;). More pics :)

Pappy
10-30-2005, 03:31 PM
lol....maybe once its all done and outside in good light a good pic can be taken to show off the purple. damnest thing, it was as purple as barneys arse but in almost every pic i took it showed blue or very dark purple almost black...lol

QuadJunkies
10-30-2005, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by BlueZ440
it's looking just like the predator..

What picture are you going to put on the bumper..LOL.. it looks like a picture frame:huh No, it has simliar colors, but not the same...I dont have one thing on my quad that the Predator had besides the nerfs and plastic and eve nthat is somewhat different . I like it ,so thats all that matters.

QuadJunkies
10-30-2005, 03:51 PM
Oh .. my bad... The seat is the same, dif. color(purple) :o lol

The seat I couldnt find any other that I liked better. :)

yellowex26
10-30-2005, 05:43 PM
Man, i am really anxious to see this bike done. Its going to look sweet.

QuadJunkies
10-30-2005, 06:19 PM
Here a few more pics....

QuadJunkies
10-30-2005, 06:20 PM

QuadJunkies
10-30-2005, 06:21 PM
this posed a little problem....

We will have to get a bigger bolt and a spacer , the grab bar mod pushed out too far to set correctly with the pipe...

QuadJunkies
10-30-2005, 06:21 PM
purrrrrdy..... :D

QuadJunkies
10-30-2005, 06:22 PM
We had some issues getting the air filter fit in this new box, Im gonna have t ocall around and see what I can get thats a tad smaller in Diameter and legnth and sell this one I guess :(

QuadJunkies
10-30-2005, 06:23 PM

Mxjunkie
10-30-2005, 06:24 PM
I love that battery in the airbox idea! get a right to that and start mass producting them bad boys :D

QuadJunkies
10-30-2005, 06:25 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!! SHE FIRES!!!!
We had to give my battery a little juicin but it fired right up!!! :blah:

1st fire up (http://www.neptune.com/users/quadjunkies/videoWMP/quadjunkies381637.wmv)

QuadJunkies
10-30-2005, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
I love that battery in the airbox idea! get a right to that and start mass producting them bad boys :D I cant, I bought it from an aftermarket company :p LOL We ended up finding this one for a fraction of what UM wants for theres... But Troy does have some ideas on some stuff for jetting and never leaving your garage that I told him he should work on ...:)

QuadJunkies
10-31-2005, 11:57 AM
Numbers are now installed on the plastic.
I just want to thank the locals who all come over to give Troy a helping handto get this done .We REALLY do appreciate it. Hes been sick all week so its much appreciated;)

the seat cover is a much errodecent purple ,it matched the PC pretty good, just a little darker. I was worred since I didnt have the frame in hand so I just guessed on the color.

QuadJunkies
10-31-2005, 12:00 PM
new nose piece installed.. I flubbed up the 1st one :o

Pappy, we missed sending you two small parts to get coated :( Can you reccomend a good paint to use on them??I hate the thought of taking two small pieces locally to get done ,they are just black pieces anyhow. one was my shifter, as you already know its bent to crap anyhow ..lol
I am buying a new one (Tusk one I think ) this week sometime.

QuadJunkies
10-31-2005, 12:01 PM
oopsss.... forgot pic :p

DH400EX
10-31-2005, 12:10 PM
def. goin to be a sick 400!!! good job on it and cant wait to see it finished.

Pappy
10-31-2005, 04:07 PM
tina, pm me your addy again, ill send you a coated shifter to swap out.

QuadJunkies
10-31-2005, 08:46 PM
Thanks Pappy :)

dirtmomma
11-03-2005, 09:14 AM
Looks AWESOME girl!!!!!!

Where'd ya end up getting the ## plates from?? I need to order 3 sets up SOMEDAY for my 300, the blasty, & kasea!!

QuadJunkies
11-03-2005, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
Looks AWESOME girl!!!!!!

Where'd ya end up getting the ## plates from?? I need to order 3 sets up SOMEDAY for my 300, the blasty, & kasea!!

ProGraph-X (http://www.mxprographx.com/main.html) done mine . Don was a pleasure to do business with . And the vinyl is VERY thick. The plates I had done will be on his website soon.:)

QuadJunkies
11-03-2005, 09:34 AM
They fit the Fenders well

QuadJunkies
11-03-2005, 09:35 AM
the front number is now replaced, I really messed up the first one :o :p

dirtmomma
11-03-2005, 09:35 AM
Numbers are now installed on the plastic.
I just want to thank the locals who all come over to give Troy a helping handto get this done .We REALLY do appreciate it. Hes been sick all week so its much appreciated;)

the seat cover is a much errodecent purple ,it matched the PC pretty good, just a little darker. I was worred since I didnt have the frame in hand so I just guessed on the color. ]

hahaha I just showed lil man your # plates & he said " I want that SEAT Mom" darn kid has good taste huh ;):)

QuadJunkies
11-03-2005, 09:36 AM
I started getting my fenders sticker up, but am running low :( I wish I would have got some from Pro Armor

QuadJunkies
11-03-2005, 09:37 AM
once again I am held up ... Troy lost the hardware!! :grr: So If I cant get my hands on some by the wk end...... NO RIDING :(

The garage is so full of projects going on that I cant really blame him for not being able to find them. :o

QuadJunkies
11-03-2005, 09:40 AM
]

darn kid has good taste huh ;):)

lol... I guess so! :blah:

QuadJunkies
11-03-2005, 10:08 AM
Fullbore is overnighting me new Hardware :D I also needed to order a new oil tank, mine got stripped out and is leaking oil. Also needed to order a new brake plate of some kind so I wont be riding with rear brakes this wk end!:eek2:

11-03-2005, 10:15 AM
Fullbore is overnighting me new Hardware :D I also needede to order a new oil tank, mine got stipped out and is leaking oil. ALso needed to order a new brake plate of some kind so I wont be riding with rear brakes this wk end!:eek2: Just take the brakes off. It'll be just like a Speedway bike lol. I'm sure you've seen them at the flattracks.

http://www.indianapolisnationalspeedway.com/INS_Images/hancock-yarrow.jpg

dirtmomma
11-03-2005, 10:19 AM
Fullbore is overnighting me new Hardware :D I also needede to order a new oil tank, mine got stipped out and is leaking oil. ALso needed to order a new brake plate of some kind so I wont be riding with rear brakes this wk end!:eek2:

Ahhh brakes are for WUSSEY'S anyway QJ ;);) just ask DJ LOL, we did get a rer hydro finally but n ow the we think the head is cracked where the ports are :mad: :grr: MAN this quad is pissin' me off!!! I'm actually glad I have a job now so I don'th ave to sit home & stress over it LOL, it's going up tonight to hopefully be welded & re-drilled, HOPEFULLY he'll be racing it this weekend :confused:

QuadJunkies
11-03-2005, 11:12 AM
Ahhh brakes are for WUSSEY'S anyway QJ ;);) just ask DJ LOL, LOL!!! I dont use my rear brakes NEARLY as much as I should be :o I need forget I have a front brake!:p .......But not until the end of the wk end ... lol

baseballplaya23
11-03-2005, 04:37 PM
hey QJ you should make the trip with some of the idahoians to monroe this weekend or whenever you get your quad back together and see what its like over here,.

mx426ex
11-03-2005, 04:53 PM
nice roach:blah:

just kidding that thing is piiiiiiimp it makes me wanna go strip mine down right now and rebuild it

QuadJunkies
11-03-2005, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by baseballplaya23
hey QJ you should make the trip with some of the idahoians to monroe this weekend or whenever you get your quad back together and see what its like over here,. If I had the time and money to go- I WOULD! I have been wanting to make the trip down for two years now :(

QuadJunkies
11-03-2005, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by mx426ex
nice roach:blah:

just kidding that thing is piiiiiiimp it makes me wanna go strip mine down right now and rebuild it thanks!!

Well, we found the hardware :o It ALMOST done! I havent got it shined up yet or some small parts ,but its riderable:blah:

Im going to check in the ROX antivibe handlebar risers for the next investment, I have my trail tech, but havent figured out what I can use for my Anit Vibe stem yet :confused: . I took some pics tonight, but they are REALLLYYY crappy so Im gonna borrow a good camera this wk end .

dirtmomma
11-04-2005, 08:23 AM
Glad to hear your getting it back to rideable :) & that you found the hardware LOL, I HATE when that happens :)

Got some crappy news last night on DJ's blaster :( took it up tore it apart as it was backfiring ect, wellllllll I guess the piston & other things are SHOT :(:(:( so no racey w/ the new 240, ARGGGG just another day in the Sandvig house LOL at least Trev's mini is ready & runniig!!! Now we are putting the stocker motor back in so he can get on the race track w/ it tomarrow, who knows if that motor will hold up it's got 3 seasons on it already :eek: :ermm:

baseballplaya I've been trying to get this girl up here for a LONG time ;);) but I know what it's lkie w/ the $$ thing & traveling believe me we've wanted to go over there also!!!!

QuadJunkies
11-04-2005, 08:36 AM
Glad to hear your getting it back to rideable :) & that you found the hardware LOL, I HATE when that happens :)

Got some crappy news last night on DJ's blaster :( took it up tore it apart as it was backfiring ect, wellllllll I guess the piston & other things are SHOT :(:(:( so no racey w/ the new 240, ARGGGG just another day in the Sandvig house LOL at least Trev's mini is ready & runniig!!! Now we are putting the stocker motor back in so he can get on the race track w/ it tomarrow, who knows if that motor will hold up it's got 3 seasons on it already :eek: :ermm:

baseballplaya I've been trying to get this girl up here for a LONG time ;);) but I know what it's lkie w/ the $$ thing & traveling believe me we've wanted to go over there also!!!!
That sucks about DJ's blaster :( we used to go threw alot of that stuff with Troys Preddy :ermm: I still miss that quad though, it was a blast to ride!!
We are tieing up some loose ends and if things go as planned, you will see us maybe a fw times this year in Wash. racing ;)
hopefully the roads wernt too bad for the Idaho riders that went up this wk end

dirtmomma
11-04-2005, 08:45 AM
COOL :cool: :cool: :cool: that'd be awesome if you guys come up!!! keep me updated :D

Yes since we did the big bore I had a feeling it would be like this :rolleyes: it's "on the edge" which I didn't think it needed to be, heck the kid rides the hell outta it & does good w/o the 240 but ya know "he feels the need for more speed" LOL ;)

QuadJunkies
11-04-2005, 11:01 PM
well....... Even with a GOOD camera, its till doesnt show purple in color :( Ill try tomorrow when I get it in the Sun.

All that is left to install is the Nerfs and my number plates, Handle bars and a few small pieces... Ill be spending next wk end using my new buff/polish kit for my wheels and chrome :D

QuadJunkies
11-04-2005, 11:04 PM
As you can see we got another project in the background..

thats the 112 stroker for LIlQJS mini ... .. :devil:

dirtmomma
11-04-2005, 11:20 PM
Sweet :devil: :blah: :macho it looks GREAT Tina!!!! And how bout' that mini :devil: a 112 stroker...............................YEAH BABEEEE I'll be interested to see how it does should be sweet!!

Well took the boys to practice @ Monroe tonight & seen BlueZ,Lance, & the other guys, DJ ran w/ them :D he hung right there on my lil' ol' quad :D
Trevor did AWESOME on his little Kasea it was pretty fun to watch, he even started sliding it a little :eek: the track was rough but he hung on LOL might be picking up a set of spacers tomarrow so that'd be cool he does need to be wider!! But I will say the big ol' tires worked good.
Well I'll post tomarrow how the races go I'll try to watch the Idaho boys :) I'm gonna try to get some vid of the boys if so I'll find somewhere to post it if I can YEP I'm still on dial up LMAO ;):)

digga_b
11-04-2005, 11:33 PM
Looking good!! Now put some pegs on that thing and go get it dirty!:D

Mxjunkie
11-04-2005, 11:34 PM
wow it looks so much better then it use too!!!!

big props! :)

My frame color is the same way, looks awesome in the sun, looks black without it :blah:

QuadJunkies
11-04-2005, 11:35 PM
Sweet :devil: :blah: :macho it looks GREAT Tina!!!! And how bout' that mini :devil: a 112 stroker...............................YEAH BABEEEE I'll be interested to see how it does should be sweet!!

Well took the boys to practice @ Monroe tonight & seen BlueZ,Lance, & the other guys, DJ ran w/ them :D he hung right there on my lil' ol' quad :D
Trevor did AWESOME on his little Kasea it was pretty fun to watch, he even started sliding it a little :eek: the track was rough but he hung on LOL might be picking up a set of spacers tomarrow so that'd be cool he does need to be wider!! But I will say the big ol' tires worked good.
Well I'll post tomarrow how the races go I'll try to watch the Idaho boys :) I'm gonna try to get some vid of the boys if so I'll find somewhere to post it if I can YEP I'm still on dial up LMAO ;):) I best hear a report of YOU racing at least once this year young lady.!!!! :D :blah: Glad to hear DJ done well ;)

Ill be doing a write up and some pics riding this wk end of Sis on here mini... Its ready to fire up tomorrow :D Brandons will be after hers... :devil:

jesshamner
11-04-2005, 11:41 PM
It looks good QJ! That purple should really stand out when in the sun. You can really see it on the your heat shield in that pic.

QuadJunkies
11-04-2005, 11:44 PM
thanks! Im likin it! :)

Heres what mine looked when it was VERY stock :o

QuadJunkies
11-04-2005, 11:46 PM
then this ....

tater_kamik
11-05-2005, 01:15 PM
looks absolutely incredible with the new pc and the plastics! great job!!! now you definately need some action shots:p

QuadJunkies
11-05-2005, 04:20 PM
Ill work on that ^^^^ ;)

WEll I FINALLY got some pics somewhat of what it looks like

SHEESH.. this color was beiotch to shoot pics of! :p

QuadJunkies
11-05-2005, 04:24 PM
I used a flurescent light.. noticed just how much difference it was using it??!!! :huh

QuadJunkies
11-05-2005, 04:26 PM
soory, its got ALOT of smudges :o

Pappy, the pkg you sent came today... Thank you!! ;)

QuadJunkies
11-05-2005, 04:29 PM
hopefully the weather will hold out to ride tomorrow.. 90% chance of rain :(

QuadJunkies
11-05-2005, 04:40 PM
last one for tongiht... SEAT IS PURPLE!! :blah:

infantry317
11-05-2005, 05:01 PM
Very nice :chinese:

JOEX
11-05-2005, 05:21 PM
Looks Great Tina!:cool:

What's this about the rain, you're not going to melt are you?:eek: :p

QuadJunkies
11-05-2005, 05:36 PM
Looks Great Tina!:cool:

What's this about the rain, you're not going to melt are you?:eek: :p

Ive been sick :(

FasstMidnightZ
11-05-2005, 07:30 PM
God ! That looks so good. Even though purple is not my color, but jesus if you think that is ugly or you wouldnt ride it your absoulutly crazy ! I love the metallic look to it !

QuadJunkies
11-05-2005, 07:34 PM
LILQJ wanted to REALLLYYY help Dad out in the Garage tonight with some of the wrenching...

QuadJunkies
11-05-2005, 07:35 PM
She is starting to take alot of interest

QuadJunkies
11-05-2005, 07:37 PM
WEll no wonder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She trying to score on my quad!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek2: :o :grr:

Back off Sista... thats MINE!!!!! LOL

Shes gonna start to practice on its here soon ,as you can see she can fit on it somewhat now

Pappy
11-05-2005, 07:39 PM
:eek: she is growing like a weed!

QuadJunkies
11-05-2005, 07:53 PM
:eek: she is growing like a weed! hehe.. she is getting TALL :( IF she wasnt so small framed, she could learn to race this quad

diangelo#67
11-05-2005, 07:54 PM
i thought the same thing weren't their pics of her on the 90 just perfect......she would have to wrap her legs over the bars to ride the thing now:p

QuadJunkies
11-05-2005, 07:55 PM
I took a pic of the nerfs, they have improved them since I last bought them...

They reinforced the heel quard... YAY now maybe I wont break anymore! :o :p

I gotta tell ya.. the folks at Pro Armor are very nice and I would like to say thank you to Steve and Jennifer for your help when I called .

QuadJunkies
11-05-2005, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by diangelo#67
i thought the same thing weren't their pics of her on the 90 just perfect......she would have to wrap her legs over the bars to ride the thing now:p Thats her problem on the 90... LONG LEGS :scary:

She still loves her 90... oops.... I mean the 112 stroker :D she got to rod it in the neigborhood to day.... Gotta tick off the neighbors at least once a week...lol

QuadJunkies
11-05-2005, 08:06 PM
she is gonna have to move up to something else next year..:ermm:

QuadJunkies
11-05-2005, 08:08 PM
She folds up nicely though :p

I dunno how people afford to keep a family of four riding/racing ..:confused:

JOEX
11-05-2005, 08:12 PM
she is gonna have to move up to something else next year..:ermm:
You really ought to feed your kids more often:scary: :p

She sure got taller over the summer!

Bad Habit
11-05-2005, 08:58 PM
Looks great QJ! That purple looks awesome (now that we can actually see the true color:D ) I'm digging the purple/orange combo.

QuadJunkies
11-05-2005, 09:12 PM
Houston....... We have a problem..... :grr: I am goingto have to cut my rear fenders a bit. For some reason, they dont line up nicely with my plastic! Now Im NOT happy with THAT! :ermm:
Ill only need to snip off about an inch

seven
11-05-2005, 09:36 PM
I think she would do just fine on the 400 now!

QuadJunkies
11-05-2005, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by seven
I think she would do just fine on the 400 now! lol.. Theres NO WAY Im unleashing her in a womens class yet!

But ....I told her the next time we go to Steck Park , she gets to ride it . :D

I dont mind her riding it so much, but Im still not convinced shes big enoguh to race a full sized quad cause shes still small.:)

clutt225
11-05-2005, 11:54 PM
I agree, just because there big enough to ride it dose not meen they are big enough to race it. If some thing was to go wrong she hasn't got the size to recover. Good call mom!

By the way that looks !!!!WOW!!!
I miss my ex so much
were is my new quad
I need a quad dam it
Oh ya by the way that looks great!

Jersey450R
11-06-2005, 05:34 AM
Great final produck QJ. Looks like they did reinforce the heelgaurds afterall. Keep in mind my idea from the first few pages of this rebuild thread if you start to see stress cracks. Thats how the breaks start, lol. Good luck in your races, looks effin awesome! :D

QuadJunkies
11-06-2005, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by clutt225
I agree, just because there big enough to ride it dose not meen they are big enough to race it. If some thing was to go wrong she hasn't got the size to recover. Good call mom!

By the way that looks !!!!WOW!!!
I miss my ex so much
were is my new quad
I need a quad dam it
Oh ya by the way that looks great!

LOL.. Thanks !

seven
11-06-2005, 08:38 AM
I never said race it, I said ride it.I think size has very little to do with how you ride. SHe has the basics down and just needs to learn how to ride somthing bigger. How old is she now? I am going to put paige on my YFZ this winter!

QuadJunkies
11-06-2005, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by seven
I never said race it, I said ride it.I think size has very little to do with how you ride. SHe has the basics down and just needs to learn how to ride somthing bigger. How old is she now? I am going to put paige on my YFZ this winter! Shes 11,she will be 12 next month :) She has rode it once before-breifly when she was 9 at Steck before,she done well on it . This year will be her year to get some seat time on it,but her racing it will be a bit still (she thinks shes gonna convince me otherwise lol:p )
Seven, looks like riding is out of the question today Eh? :( Stupid rain!:mad:

Wait a minute................ um........... Paige on your YFZ ?????!!! :eek: :huh ya might want to invest in some wooden blocks for her feet to touch!

seven
11-06-2005, 08:47 AM
I am still going to go around 12. Its still usually semi dry in the desert even with all this rain. It fugures though, I sell my sled the year we get a ton of snow.

Rip_Tear
11-06-2005, 09:16 AM
:( Stupid rain!:mad:

I can agree 100% there, I wanted to rip my track today, but this stuff isn't helping! and it'll be soo muddy.

Your 400ex is looking rediculously awsome! You've given me a few good idea's for mine this winter, I just hope I've got the dough to put into it. I'm going to make a lot of my own parts though (I'm a machinist) and I have a sand blaster, paint gun, and looking into powder coating now.

Hope your having fun with the quad soon!

QuadJunkies
11-06-2005, 01:50 PM
You really ought to feed your kids more often:scary: :p

She sure got taller over the summer!

food is over rated .... lol

And were too poor to buy her pants that fit!! :blah: :p

TheFontMaster
11-11-2005, 01:37 PM
Ill work on that ^^^^ ;)

WEll I FINALLY got some pics somewhat of what it looks like

SHEESH.. this color was beiotch to shoot pics of! :p

OMG!!!!:eek2: :cool: I think I am in love, that is such an awsome color, pearl paints and powdercoats are so nice. That is a crazy looking 400ex. The blurple frame, and orange plastics go awsome together. I think I'm jelious :ermm:

And damn you gotta feed that girl more, I could probaly wrap my had around her leg and have the tips of my fingers touch together. Whatever works for her I gues, haha

Sjorge450R
11-11-2005, 06:49 PM
QJ,
I didnt relize until the end of the thread that I was one of the people who photoshopped this up for you...lol. I think it was Zero Logic and me that did it for you. Looking good. I remember you had a hard time deciding on what colors to use. If that was my quad I wouldnt take it to the track because then it would get all muddy.

QuadJunkies
11-12-2005, 12:19 AM

And damn you gotta feed that girl more, I could probaly wrap my had around her leg and have the tips of my fingers touch together. Whatever works for her I gues, haha

ROFL!! The funny thing about it is... While I was at work tonight, Troy stuck her on a "Booty Grow "diet.....

Is this a little better????!! :eek:

Shes got some junk in the trunk!:o :p

ACtually.. She can eat more than I do :huh