PDA

View Full Version : Shocks ?????

Ryan300ex
06-07-2002, 03:18 PM
i have stock shocks on my 400ex and i jump a decent sized jump with a flat lading and i hit hard almost every time. This after noon i made a few laps in the trails and jump a few time and hit so hard my wrist felt like it had just snapped. will works tripple rates do the job and are they worth the money? I cant spend a ton shocks. what is the difference in the rezzies and no rezzies?

THANKS

Dave400ex
06-07-2002, 03:24 PM
Well there has been a lot of Guys getting the Works and they like them. If Rico can Race MX with them, I think you Jumping will be Fine. I would get the Rezzies. The Shocks won`t get as Hot and they will last longer in the Hard Stuff like Whoops. They are suppose to help the Shocks from Fading.

RideRed04
06-07-2002, 03:40 PM
If you get them without rezzies--$300ish. With rezzies--$450ish. Add on rezzies--$150. I say get them without, then if you need rezzies, add them and be out nothing.

yamaha1470
06-07-2002, 04:48 PM
works should do fine. if u ride pretty hard go with the rezzies. u can always add them though

DiceMan400
06-08-2002, 10:09 AM
Works are good shock are might just be the best bang for the buck........ After you get those stockers off you will wonder how you rode so long with them on......... I would get trip rate with rezzies........ Thats what I hade before I got my Ohlins...... Now if you got the cash Ohlins will set you straight.......

Juggalo
06-08-2002, 04:26 PM
your problem is jumping onto flat land. don't be dumb..build yourself a landing. but yes aftermarket shocks will help you out a lot but your going to eventually break somehtin else from the flat landings.

06-08-2002, 05:09 PM
i'm savin up for some works w/o rezzies, now that i have my body and minor engine work done to my EX i am going to suspension

Sparky416ex
06-09-2002, 11:19 AM
Works are great...but i love axis but there too much money:rolleyes:

Dave400ex
06-09-2002, 11:54 AM
If Axis are to much Money, then why did you Buy them? Or were you just Joking?

airheadedduner
06-09-2002, 11:57 AM
Email works and tell them what you do with your machine, they are good about emailing you back and can probly set something up for you. Personally I would get duals with rezzies. If you keep hammering your stock shocks you are going to blow them. It is not fun to land from a jump and lose a shock seal.

06-10-2002, 08:52 PM
the elka shock is great more than a works or axis,the price? less than an axis and it's better than

Nausty
06-10-2002, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by airheadedduner
Email works and tell them what you do with your machine, they are good about emailing you back and can probly set something up for you. Personally I would get duals with rezzies. If you keep hammering your stock shocks you are going to blow them. It is not fun to land from a jump and lose a shock seal.

yeah but they are always gonna try to promote their product and get the most money so they probably are gonna tell him he needs the stuff he wouldn't to make more money when he buys the more expensive shocks.

to whoever started the topic have you ever thought of saved a little more and getting elka duel rates maybe with a resivour? I think you would be blown away by the differance these shocks make. They absorb everything with ease and always track. Also I think blowing out your stock shocks should be the least of you worries because you will probably be breaking or doing damage to more expensive things like the frame, motor mounts, front shocks mounts, rear swing arm.