PDA

View Full Version : GTO, Charger, mustang....where is chevy at?

TCracin440ex
08-28-2005, 08:27 PM
well i was just sitting here thinking....Ford has their 67 mustang body style back out...Pontiac came back out with the GTO, and dodge brought the charger back out

where is chevrolet at in this mix...i kno pontiac is a gm product but i would like to see chevrolet come back with an old muscle car that ruled the late 60s and early 70s

i think chevy should bring the chevelle back out or the camaro...

i mean every company just about has redesigned an old muscle car and brought it back....cept ford they already had mustangs out but they redesigned the bodies to look like the 67...

come on chevrolet get in the game with the old school muscle cars!!

Pvt. Maggot
08-28-2005, 08:32 PM
I'd love a new chevelle or 69 style camero body style :devil:

TCracin440ex
08-28-2005, 08:35 PM
i mean wouldnt it be awsome if chevrolet released the 70 bodystyle chevelle SS again with a 454 and the ORIGINAL cowl induction hood that flips up when you hit the gas...i mean i like camaros but i think the chevelle would be a seller 2...actually either 1 of them cars would

prepracing
08-28-2005, 08:38 PM
doesn't the newest corvette kinda have the old school look to it, or was that just a prototype picture I saw ?

Mxjunkie
08-28-2005, 08:39 PM
I'd die for a 66 or 69 nova car :)

TCracin440ex
08-28-2005, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by prepracing
doesn't the newest corvette kinda have the old school look to it, or was that just a prototype picture I saw ?

i really dont think so....corvettes looks have changed ALOT over the years...and i really dont care for corvettes...

TCracin440ex
08-28-2005, 08:42 PM
dont get me wrong....i like the corvettes....but its just not something that strikes my interest...like a camaro or chevelle does

Woodsrider
08-28-2005, 08:42 PM
Chevy brought back a 60's icon............

You can get a Malibu again:D
But ya, a retro camero would really sell.

TCracin440ex
08-28-2005, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Woodsrider
Chevy brought back a 60's icon............

You can get a Malibu again:D
But ya, a retro camero would really sell.

you couldnt pay me enough to drive a malibu or a impala cuz they dont have near the power as the older models....the 96 impalas were bad *** cars i think they had a 350 in them

shyt u think a retro camaro would sell.....imagine those old school guys that loved the chevelle....i kno my step dad would be first inline at a dealership if chevy brought back out the chevelle...

450robot
08-28-2005, 08:46 PM
ummm, they are bringin the camaro back

and its a beast! this is there 06 concept, but scheduled for release in 09

http://www.carphotoalbums.com/photos/data/613/110309phr-5camaro05_z-med.jpg

G Impala 63n70
08-28-2005, 08:47 PM
The blue demon corvette, and in 2007 the CAMARO is back on the road...watch out

Matt37
The new camaro being introduced at the 2008 Detriot Auto Show will be modeled directly after the infamous 69 Camaro.

Have seen concept pics and it looks awesome. Can't wait til it comes out.

My dad works for GM department and confirmed it to me that it is not just a concept but will go into production shortly. THE CAMARO WILL RETURN!

As for engine options my dad didnt tell me much. He said he cannot disclose much info. All he told me was it will be similar to the LS2 engine that is now available in the 05 vettes.

I am not sure if i should believe him or not. But he did show me pics and info on the new zo6 months before the general public had any clue of it, So i believe him

zeppelin
that looks like crap, they need to make it look closer to the original

08-28-2005, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex
you couldnt pay me enough to drive a malibu or a impala cuz they dont have near the power as the older models....the 96 impalas were bad *** cars i think they had a 350 in them

shyt u think a retro camaro would sell.....imagine those old school guys that loved the chevelle....i kno my step dad would be first inline at a dealership if chevy brought back out the chevelle...

yup 330 ft/lbs of torque and very conservative 240ish or so hp

i had a black 96 ss.. never did much to it.. the interior was too caprice, but other than that.. it had absolutly no issues lighting them up.. with about 1000 bux you can get well over 350 hp and 400 ft lbs of torque.

Jesse

TCracin440ex
08-28-2005, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by G Impala 63n70
The blue demon corvette, and in 2007 the CAMARO is back on the road...watch out

ive heard from many sources that chevy wont bringing back out the camaro....that was just a concept car...so

the blue devil corvette...is gonna proally cost over 100 grand...too much money...and with insurance...chevy can keep their blue devil corvette....i just want an old school ground pounder like the chevelle or camaro....

TCracin440ex
08-28-2005, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by zeppelin
that looks like crap, they need to make it look closer to the original

i think so too...the bodylines are too sleek imo...it needs some rough edges...

Matt37
08-28-2005, 08:56 PM
ive heard from many sources that chevy wont bringing back out the camaro....that was just a concept car...so

the blue devil corvette...is gonna proally cost over 100 grand...too much money...and with insurance...chevy can keep their blue devil corvette....i just want an old school ground pounder like the chevelle or camaro....

You get what you pay for.

I read that in the test track in Germany the "blue devil" was beating the Mclaren SLR's lap times and a few ferraris including the Enzo.

No where else can you get that kind of performance for that price. I think Chevy did a great job pricing that and wouldnt be able to go much lower.

The thing is 85% carbon fiber with a 600 HP engine.

A true beast!

TCracin440ex
08-28-2005, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Matt37
You get what you pay for.

I read that in the test track in Germany the "blue devil" was beating the Mclaren SLR's lap times and a few ferraris including the Enzo.

No where else can you get that kind of performance for that price. I think Chevy did a great job pricing that and wouldnt be able to go much lower.

The thing is 85% carbon fiber with a 600 HP engine.

A true beast!

what happens when you wreck it....carbon fiber aint that strong...if you wreck that car it would damn near cost you 100k just to get it fixed...so insurance is going to be out the as$!!best believe that...i could take a ford cobra, chevy camaro, or any other muscle car and make it lay 600 at the ground...your not paying for the hp i believe your paying for the handling and the car itself!!!

TheFontMaster
08-28-2005, 09:04 PM
Personaly I think chevy shouldn't come out with anything that takes after an old muscle car. Pontiac, and Dodge killed the nake of the GTO and the Charger. The GTO, is nothing special, its just a rebadged car from a different division of the company, and the Charger, dude it has a Hemi, and so does the ram 1500, the 300c, the magnum, ram 2500, the new grand cheroke, and I'm shure I missed a couple. The new hemi is just an over used engine. If they really wanted to make the Charger something special, they should have used a bigger engine, like mabey brought back the 500 hemi, or 440 six pack. They might not have had a body worthy of the charger name, but the motor could have been.

TCracin440ex
08-28-2005, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
Personaly I think chevy shouldn't come out with anything that takes after an old muscle car. Pontiac, and Dodge killed the nake of the GTO and the Charger. The GTO, is nothing special, its just a rebadged car from a different division of the company, and the Charger, dude it has a Hemi, and so does the ram 1500, the 300c, the magnum, ram 2500, the new grand cheroke, and I'm shure I missed a couple. The new hemi is just an over used engine. If they really wanted to make the Charger something special, they should have used a bigger engine, like mabey brought back the 500 hemi, or 440 six pack. They might not have had a body worthy of the charger name, but the motor could have been.

i think the GTO is a bad looking car it has a 6.0 in it....if im not mistaking that is a 396....Dodge these days is putting hemi's in everything. So i agree with you about dodge they should have used a different motor...or atleast if you was gonna use the same motors as in the other dodges they coulda made the car look better!!!!

Pappy
08-28-2005, 09:11 PM
Im holding out for AMC to release the Gremlin:o

gas prices stay up, and there will be no more fun cars, just small econo crap :ermm:

trx440
08-28-2005, 09:13 PM
I was at a GM meeting on Wednesday and there is no new rear drive platform in the pipeline for the States. It was canceled last month, that is the platform that will be the replacement for the Holden Monaro/GTO that is made in Australia.

Chevy will most likely bring in the Australian cars [at some point] as they have some incredible units. Their new Commodore HSV SV6000 is basically a Cadillac Catera with BMW M3 suspension and a LS2 Vette engine [that breathes much better than the corked up US engines]

I'd buy that in the $45k range all day.

TCracin440ex
08-28-2005, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Pappy

gas prices stay up, and there will be no more fun cars, just small econo crap :ermm:

yea i think chevrolet has reverted to econo cars and lost all their like of stronger vehicles...of course the camaro and firebird was done away with b4 gas prices ever went up...but now chevy has a buncha cars for panzys

trx440
08-28-2005, 09:26 PM
Here is a better picture.

trx440
08-28-2005, 09:29 PM
Here's another one

TCracin440ex
08-28-2005, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by trx440
Here is a better picture.

trx i still think the bodylines on it are too sleek...look at the older model camaros...i kno this is the new generation of cars...but hell even the mustang looks alot like the old 67...that camaro dont even look like a 69 body style it looks like a new sports car with a old camaro front grill somewhat

trx440
08-28-2005, 09:37 PM
If they were to bring back the Camaro before the end of the decade I would be suprised. I would bet that it would look very similar to these units if it did come out though. America loves it's retro cars.

What interests me the most is Chevy's AWD version of a stretched Solstice with a turbo inline 5 or 6 called, what else......
The Corvair.

Here are some more pix for the Camaro guys....

TCracin440ex
08-28-2005, 09:39 PM
http://www.1965v8.com/archives/69_camaro.jpg

now look at this camaro and the hard muscular body lines

and if chevy does reproduce the camaro in that body style...waht kinda hp numbers we looking at

MXracer16
08-28-2005, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by trx440
Here's another prototype

That looks too much like a vette.

trx440
08-28-2005, 09:42 PM
Good side view

TCracin440ex
08-28-2005, 09:44 PM
trx...i doubt chevy will reintroduce the camaro seriously....ive heard so much that they are remaking it, and they are not...i dont know what to believe

TCracin440ex
08-28-2005, 09:48 PM
http://www.carsbykris.com/gallery/rawimages/PHRNewCamaro1.jpg

now this is 1 sweet camaro...yea buddy!! that should be put into production

trx440
08-28-2005, 09:50 PM
Like I said, I don't think we will see it either. As long as the Corvette is affordable, there is no need for 2 small high hp cars.

What should be interesting is the 2008 or 2009 Dodge Challenger.

BTW, The STR-8 Hemi with 425hp is no joke and MUCH stronger than the base Hemi. If DCX offers air conditioned seats in the 300C next year, I'm getting one.

TCracin440ex
08-28-2005, 09:54 PM
i just dont think the new dodge charger can live up to the old charger name...

i think the gto is pretty sick....i saw a yellow one the other day with flowmasters on it...6spd manuel.....man that car sounded damn good

somebody aught to get a dodge charger, paint it orange, put a 01 on the door, put a confederate flag on the roof, some old school spoke wheels like on the original charger...and a black push bar and call it the new general lee

TCracin440ex
08-28-2005, 09:56 PM
i wonder what a new generation retro chevelle SS would look like...

86350x
08-28-2005, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by 450robot
ummm, they are bringin the camaro back

and its a beast! this is there 06 concept, but scheduled for release in 09

http://www.carphotoalbums.com/photos/data/613/110309phr-5camaro05_z-med.jpg

Sweet!

TCracin440ex
08-28-2005, 09:59 PM
i really still dont believe it yet....i mean they have all these pictures of concept and prototypes...but man whose to say that they are gonna actually put it into production again...

86350x
08-28-2005, 10:05 PM
It would be an awesome car if they did. They need to restyle the gto, because it looks like a grand prix to me. Its a cool car, but it needs the traditional gto look. I don't like the charger, it also needs to be restyled. And at least offer up a damn 2 door!

So far my favorite is the mustang. But slapp a 5.3 in the puppy for the standard v8.

I'd like to see the camaro, and a chevelle or nova.

TCracin440ex
08-28-2005, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by 86350x
It would be an awesome car if they did. They need to restyle the gto, because it looks like a grand prix to me. Its a cool car, but it needs the traditional gto look. I don't like the charger, it also needs to be restyled. And at least offer up a damn 2 door!

So far my favorite is the mustang. But slapp a 5.3 in the puppy for the standard v8.

I'd like to see the camaro, and a chevelle or nova.

personally id rather see the chevelle come back out

the new shelby cobra gt 500 with a 5.4 supercharged v8 will be out next august man that will be a big hit...450hp at the ground

TCracin440ex
08-28-2005, 10:14 PM
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/12212/07_shelby_gt500_front_quarter_small.jpg

2006 shelby gt 500

86350x
08-28-2005, 10:14 PM
Well if anyone can point me in the direction of a 67 nova for 5 g's or less let me know.

Have a built 327 ready to go in a car!

86350x
08-28-2005, 10:15 PM
If I win the lotto, I'll put up another shed, and one of those would be sitting next to my F150

TCracin440ex
08-28-2005, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by 86350x
If I win the lotto, I'll put up another shed, and one of those would be sitting next to my F150

i actually do like that shelby gt 500....my buddy who is a big mustang fan and knows all about mustangs if there is anything that goes on with a mustang he knows about it...he was tellin me you can make that gt 500 put 600 at the ground with a simple pulley change....which is believeable

86350x
08-28-2005, 10:36 PM
Can't wait to see how the new gt and the new corvette compare.

I was checking out a new mustage a couple of days ago. It had all the cool billet accents on the dashe and chrome like my FX4. Ford deffinantly has there **** together this year. I'm starting to like there stuff more then the others

:confused:

vinson581
08-28-2005, 10:38 PM
if a NEW C came out i would have a hard time not looking at it before i purchase my roush mustang

cotttonwoody
08-28-2005, 10:41 PM
Are you talking about the GT500 or a regular GT, because a new corvette will walk all over a regular GT. The new Z06 will probly kick the gt 500s ***.

stalefish_132
08-28-2005, 10:42 PM
....if im not mistaking that is a 396....

i allways thought it was a 396 untell i figured out the cubic inch displacement and it works out to be 364ci (somtimes known the 366) this is a all aluminumm small block...not like the old big block 366 that i used to have in the old 3 ton grain truck.:cool:

86350x
08-28-2005, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Pappy

I wouldn't mind them re-releasing the javelin.:confused:

TCracin440ex
08-28-2005, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by cotttonwoody
Are you talking about the GT500 or a regular GT, because a new corvette will walk all over a regular GT. The new Z06 will probly kick the gt 500s ***.

i think hes talking about the GT 500....i dont know anything about the new Z06...but i kno in the past the cobra vs the corvette the corvette wiped the floor with the cobra...and the corvette only lost by like a few seconds to the new viper with a v10 in it...so idk about the gt 500 and what it will throw at the vette

stalefish im glad you cleared that up for me because i always thought a 6.0 was a 396 for some odd reason....do you happen to kno what ltr the 396 is....i kno the 454 is a 7.4ltr

vinson...why dont you just skip out on the roushe and get the gt 500...the roushe mustang aint nothing but a 4.6ltr 280ci with a supercharger on it...i think....

MOFO
08-29-2005, 04:47 AM
....carbon fiber aint that strong...

LMFAO. You just showed what you know... and it aint much.

I suppose you would pick super strong and super lightweight fiberglass? Or, lets build the car out of steel and add hundreds if not a thousand pounds... :rolleyes:

The Blue Devil is going to be a super car other manufactures use as a baseline for their own cars.

AlbaKFX
08-29-2005, 05:27 AM
I may be wrong, as i've never owned a car of equal value to a house, but I don't think you can get Progressive for these types of cars. I'm pretty sure you need a special insurance through the dealer

The Blue Devil beating an Enzo on the track? I see lots of talking but not alot of proof. I give the car alot of credit because it will set the standard for an affordable supercar, (best effort since the Viper, which is a poor excuse for a supercar) but theres few aspects you can compare it to a Ferrari Enzo. To the kid who said it's 85% carbon, thats impossible. Literally. Also, theres no specs on the car to begin with as it's not a top priority right now for Chevy, so the IDEA is that it will be light with 600horsepower. Acceleration and handling like an Enzo? Doubtful, not at that price.

Also, those RENDERINGS of the so called concept camaro are made by normal people in 3D programs, their not Chevrolet renderings. One kid expresses his ideas for a new style Camaro, and 2 years (or more) later it gets to the point where people think it's a Chevy prototype.

Matt37
08-29-2005, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by AlbaKFX
I may be wrong, as i've never owned a car of equal value to a house, but I don't think you can get Progressive for these types of cars. I'm pretty sure you need a special insurance through the dealer

The Blue Devil beating an Enzo on the track? I see lots of talking but not alot of proof. I give the car alot of credit because it will set the standard for an affordable supercar, (best effort since the Viper, which is a poor excuse for a supercar) but theres few aspects you can compare it to a Ferrari Enzo. To the kid who said it's 85% carbon, thats impossible. Literally. Also, theres no specs on the car to begin with as it's not a top priority right now for Chevy, so the IDEA is that it will be light with 600horsepower. Acceleration and handling like an Enzo? Doubtful, not at that price.

Also, those RENDERINGS of the so called concept camaro are made by normal people in 3D programs, their not Chevrolet renderings. One kid expresses his ideas for a new style Camaro, and 2 years (or more) later it gets to the point where people think it's a Chevy prototype.

The "blue devil" will be 2900 pounds.

The same weight as the Cobalt SS.

Bottom line, That is a hell of a car for that price. No matter what any of you guys say.

TGW_400ex
08-29-2005, 09:32 AM
Chevy don't need to bring back old cars there corvette gets better every year instead.

TCracin440ex
08-29-2005, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by MOFO
LMFAO. You just showed what you know... and it aint much.

I suppose you would pick super strong and super lightweight fiberglass? Or, lets build the car out of steel and add hundreds if not a thousand pounds... :rolleyes:

The Blue Devil is going to be a super car other manufactures use as a baseline for their own cars.

dude ive cracked carbon fiber like it aint nothing...and im talking about REAL carbon fiber not the plastic look-alike shyt...or the fiberglass with carbon fiber print....

BLAZE1
08-29-2005, 10:29 AM
The SRT-8 Charger slated to come out in 2007 will be the fastest production Charger ever. Yes faster (and more HP) than the Cahrger 500 and the Hemi Cuda. What more can you ask for.
A two-door option...I agree

Camaro...don't hold your breath
It will be a while before Chevy puts out a "muscle car" right now they are geared toward competing w/ Japanese car manufacturers and American Truck manufacturers, so look for econoboxes and new trucks(i.e. first hybrid pick-up)

Just because GM doesn't copy the other BIG TWO by putting out a retro muscle car doesn't mean they ain't got something up their sleeve.

Oh yeah and the Blue Devil Vette is the supercar of the future. $100,000 for a supercar and your bit*hing about insurance...

TCracin440ex
08-29-2005, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by BLAZE1
The SRT-8 Charger slated to come out in 2007 will be the fastest production Charger ever. Yes faster (and more HP) than the Cahrger 500 and the Hemi Cuda. What more can you ask for.
A two-door option...I agree

Camaro...don't hold your breath
It will be a while before Chevy puts out a "muscle car" right now they are geared toward competing w/ Japanese car manufacturers and American Truck manufacturers, so look for econoboxes and new trucks(i.e. first hybrid pick-up)

Just because GM doesn't copy the other BIG TWO by putting out a retro muscle car doesn't mean they ain't got something up their sleeve.

Oh yeah and the Blue Devil Vette is the supercar of the future. $100,000 for a supercar and your bit*hing about insurance...

im not holding my breath about a retro muscle car....it would be awsome to see one tho...thas all im saying

WKY400EX
08-29-2005, 12:35 PM
That Camaro is nice! I would like to see Chevy come out with a car similar to the '67 Chevelle in bodystyle. That'd be great IMO.:)

MOFO
08-29-2005, 03:14 PM

Your absolutely right... I've read that many times throughout other GM sites.

and to the people that wants GM to come out with new retro cars... GM has some financial problems. Most of these special cars require quite a bit of "extra" money... Dont expect much until they get their base ($$$$) back.

This so called "employee discount" has helped get sales back.

Tommy 17
08-29-2005, 03:50 PM
as i've stated a very high up engineer in dodge is my cousin... and he specifically told me chevy will not bring it back anytime soon...

and yeah carbon fiber and composits are junk and weak... thats why the f-22 raptor is made of it:o

TCracin440ex
08-29-2005, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
as i've stated a very high up engineer in dodge is my cousin... and he specifically told me chevy will not bring it back anytime soon...

and yeah carbon fiber and composits are junk and weak... thats why the f-22 raptor is made of it:o

i thought you were the one that was posting some info about this matter a while back ago...you also said the mustang will eventually get a big block....

Guy400
08-29-2005, 06:00 PM
Here's the skinny on what I know. Two of my cousin's are engineers for GM. They both went to GMI, one is a mechanical engineer and one is an electrical engineer. They both work on tooling and designing production lines for new car lines. The fact is a lot of the money GM does have goes into design of new vehicles, there's no secret in that.

The problem with GM is their corporate culture is too conservative. Right now they're more worried about profit margin per unit than they are about giving consumers something they actually want to buy. They give the "skunk works" a lot of money but little of their ideas ever make it into production.

I knew of the Cobalt SS over a year ago. They were testing it and it's one of the few that made it into production. In the mid-90's they had a fully functioning version of the then new S-10 with AWD and T/C'd. It was a new version of the Syclone. They canned it. I could go on and on with all the great ideas they have that they cancel and we get stuck with unsweetened oatmeal tasting vehicles.

TCracin440ex
08-29-2005, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
[BIn the mid-90's they had a fully functioning version of the then new S-10 with AWD and T/C'd. It was a new version of the Syclone. [/B]

what does T/C'd mean!!

Guy400
08-29-2005, 06:05 PM
Turbo charged.

TCracin440ex
08-29-2005, 06:09 PM
ive read about the syclone i just dont remember what ive read about them....what kinda hp numbers were they putting out...their motors were a turbo charged V6 right??

Guy400
08-29-2005, 06:13 PM
Without looking it up I think I remember them being around the 280 mark.

TCracin440ex
08-29-2005, 06:18 PM
http://www.fast-autos.net/gmc/syclone7.jpg

http://www.phoenixgraphix.com/gm/9192gmcs.jpg

they are a 4.3ltr v6 and anybody that knows anything about a GM the 4.3ltr is a 5.7ltr with the front 2 cylinders cut off....same sized pistons, same everything....just 2 less cylinders

TCracin440ex
08-29-2005, 06:18 PM
oh those are a few pics of the truck incase some dont know what we are talking about

motox450
08-29-2005, 06:22 PM
All of the prototype pictures on here are not concept cars from GM. They are acutally a cad drawing done by a 17 or 18 year old kid. He did this like a year or two ago. Those are not concepts and you will never see that go into production. Chevy has a contract with Canada to build all Camaros there. To bad they tore the building down after the production of the A body style camaro was over with. There was a post on a hotrodding site a year or so back with Chevy's true concept of the the Camaro/Chevelle on it. It was far more modern that what the pictures on here are. I think a year or two ago Chevy did retrademark the name Chevelle so if anything new come plan on it being a Chevelle.

wvspeedfreak
08-29-2005, 07:22 PM
I wish Ford would bring back the Pinto.That would be awesome.:)

WKY400EX
08-29-2005, 08:06 PM
http://www.fast-autos.net/gmc/syclone7.jpg

http://www.phoenixgraphix.com/gm/9192gmcs.jpg

they are a 4.3ltr v6 and anybody that knows anything about a GM the 4.3ltr is a 5.7ltr with the front 2 cylinders cut off....same sized pistons, same everything....just 2 less cylinders I wouldn't mind getting a hold of a mint Syclone or Typhoon. Those 4.3's were slouches, but when turboed, WOW.:D

TCracin440ex
08-29-2005, 08:11 PM
they look pretty quick....a light arse s-10 body/frame with a motor with hp numbers that are close to a 4.6 mustang...i bet it was a tire frier

Dale512
08-29-2005, 09:17 PM
GM is showing it at Detriot in 06

This is what it's gonna look like:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y204/Forsakem_Mage/345950_42_full.jpg

Dale512
08-29-2005, 09:20 PM
It's coming on a cheapo version of the Caddy RWD platform...like the one used in the CTS...just like the new mustang is on a cheapo version of a lincoln platform.

Look for a the engine options to be:

3.9-Liter V6 with about 250HP/250lb-ft Torque
5.3-Liter V8 with about 305HP/325lb-ft Torque
and of course the SS will have the
6.0-Liter LS2 V8 with 400HP/400lb-ft Torque

Dale512
08-29-2005, 09:21 PM
Here is another cool picture that somebody made...a photochoped Alfa Romeo

http://homepage.mac.com/atomicshark/08-CAMARO-ATOMICSHARK.jpg

TCracin440ex
08-29-2005, 09:21 PM
i call bs on that bein a camaro...dont look like it hell it looks like a luxury car moreso than a sports car

Dale512
08-29-2005, 09:25 PM
Also being unveild at the 06 Detriot show is the Dodge Challenger. 2-Door Coupe based on the Short Wheel Base LX-Platform...aka it's a few inches shorter than the Charger, but it's gonna be 2 door and dude it's gonna have a Hemi, but with an avaliable 5-Speed Manual unlike every other Hemi car and of course an SRT8 with the 6.1 Hemi with a 6-Speed option.

Look for the totally new GTO to show up sometime next year too.

TCracin440ex
08-29-2005, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Dale512
Also being unveild at the 06 Detriot show is the Dodge Challenger. 2-Door Coupe based on the Short Wheel Base LX-Platform...aka it's a few inches shorter than the Charger, but it's gonna be 2 door and dude it's gonna have a Hemi, but with an avaliable 5-Speed Manual unlike every other Hemi car and of course an SRT8 with the 6.1 Hemi with a 6-Speed option.

Look for the totally new GTO to show up sometime next year too.

not trying to be totally rude to you but who and where did you get all this info from

did you get it from your dads, sisters, cousins, brothers, best friend, who got his info from a birdy that got his info from somebody that works for gm, dodge, or ford??

Dale512
08-29-2005, 09:32 PM
Call BS.

http://www.westcoast6s.com/photos/albums/userpics/10001/gtosadwwrbd.jpg

This was a fake going around saying that a new GNX was coming out too. A fairly good Photoshop of a GTO but they had specs and all saying this:

3.5-Liter Twin-Turbo V6
450HP
465lb-ft Torque
AWD

To bad it was just a fake, because I would buy a car like this in a heartbeat.

I love the old GNX's.

TCracin440ex
08-29-2005, 09:34 PM
im not calling bs...im just saying right now my bs meter is reading man the life boats unless you can tell me where you got the info from...these forums are so full of shyt sometimes i dont kno what to believe...

for instance go look at the 450r threads

Dale512
08-29-2005, 09:36 PM
No secret sources, just do some searching around and you'll find the information. That picture is from GM itself, from about the beginning of this year, but that goes to show you their train of thought. I could be wrong, hope I am. But I'm not getting my hopes up.

TCracin440ex
08-29-2005, 09:37 PM
i hope to god chevy wouldnt put out a car that ugly and call it a camaro sorry it aint worth the camaro name

Dale512
08-29-2005, 09:40 PM
I agree with you on that! Then again I thought that about the Charger too, but the SRT-8 version looks hella good in person.

TCracin440ex
08-29-2005, 09:46 PM
Here is another cool picture that somebody made...a photochoped Alfa Romeo

http://homepage.mac.com/atomicshark/08-CAMARO-ATOMICSHARK.jpg

now that is 1 sexy arse on that car...too bad it aint real...id like to see what the frontend looks like

the GTO actually looks pretty damn good imo...

http://www.westcoast6s.com/photos/albums/userpics/10001/gtosadwwrbd.jpg

and this car right here looks bad arse too...2 bad it dont come in a v8..

Dale512
08-29-2005, 09:49 PM
The GTO isn't bad looking, but could be better I think. Also if that new GNX was real it would have to be a Turbo V6 in order to keep the the feel of the old GNX. I love the Retro look as much as any other, but if everything is to go retro...what would retro be in 20-years? The same stuff over & over again.

TCracin440ex
08-29-2005, 09:52 PM
The GTO isn't bad looking, but could be better I think. Also if that new GNX was real it would have to be a Turbo V6 in order to keep the the feel of the old GNX. I love the Retro look as much as any other, but if everything is to go retro...what would retro be in 20-years? The same stuff over & over again.

yea your right...but still it would be nice to see something come out like that...id rather have chevy bring back out the chevelle ss instead of the camaro...dont get me wrong the camaro is a bad car...but chevy killed it in 2002...its gone forever, but not in our hearts....move on chevrolet you done away with the camaro now give us another affordable muscle car...they should make another muscle car with the retro look

i dont even kno why they discontinued the camaro?

86350x
08-29-2005, 09:57 PM
It would be nice if they brought back the camaro with a revamped v8. Anyone care to tell me why the "new truck" thread was locked?

TCracin440ex
08-29-2005, 10:01 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y204/Forsakem_Mage/345950_42_full.jpg

yea but if they are going to put a revamped v8 in that...forget it..id never drive it....it looks like something my grandparents would drive for luxury

Dale512
08-29-2005, 10:04 PM
There is talk of a new Chevelle...unfortunately the rumors going around are 4-Door to compete with the Charger.:(

TCracin440ex
08-29-2005, 10:10 PM
There is talk of a new Chevelle...unfortunately the rumors going around are 4-Door to compete with the Charger.:(

god please tell us it aint so....we need a chevelle ss with the 454 in it like the good old days....the 70 model....with the cowl induction hood...

http://www.mecumauction.com/auctions/lot_images/SC0505-23998a.jpg

this is what they need...please no 4 door junk

AlbaKFX
08-30-2005, 12:39 AM
'60s and '70s muscle cars are just that... 60s and 70s cars. No company is going to re-make anything to look that "plain" (I love Chevelles, as well as Chargers, and think bringing them back will be/was a horrifying idea) again.

Let the ideas of a modern day v8 muscle car go. It isn't going to happen. What the economy wants right now are 4 door cars, that get good gas mileage. Not some gas hogs that have power thats useless on the road, since the US has speed limits.

And laff @ the pictures Dale512 posted. Especially that GNX. Look at the intake inlets on the fender... looks like somebody did those in MS paint for gods sake. I don't know why Chevy would stick with the new GTO car either, considdering they were crap, didn't sell well and also got crappy reviews that said it's a poor excuse for a modern version of a grear musclecar. I'm sorry, but it just dosn't make sense. If I was to put money on it, i'd say they would pray the US would forget that corked/wanna-be Manaro(sp) ever happend.

thomps6s
08-30-2005, 06:34 AM
Not sure if this has been posted here, but Chevy is releasing the 2006 impala with an available 303hp small block V8. I saw the commercial last night. No pic of the car so i am sure it will be a ghey four door like the crappy charger.

Matt37
08-30-2005, 08:22 AM

And laff @ the pictures Dale512 posted. Especially that GNX. Look at the intake inlets on the fender... looks like somebody did those in MS paint for gods sake. I don't know why Chevy would stick with the new GTO car either, considdering they were crap, didn't sell well and also got crappy reviews that said it's a poor excuse for a modern version of a grear musclecar. I'm sorry, but it just dosn't make sense. If I was to put money on it, i'd say they would pray the US would forget that corked/wanna-be Manaro(sp) ever happend.

i disagree, I think the gto is awesome.

And I think they are coming out with an even better one in 07.

Dale512
08-30-2005, 10:10 AM
Yep, the GTO is a good car, just seems to rub alot of people the wrong way. It will be getting a complete redesign in the next year or so. Theres pics of the 06 Impala everywhere, it's the same car with a slightly different frontend...and guess what it's still FWD.:rolleyes:

F-16Guy
08-30-2005, 10:56 AM

http://www.mecumauction.com/auctions/lot_images/SC0505-23998a.jpg

That is my dream car. I live by Sun City, and I'm just hoping that some old retiree has one sitting in his garage that I can can get for under $20K.

TCracin440ex
08-30-2005, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by F-16Guy
That is my dream car. I live by Sun City, and I'm just hoping that some old retiree has one sitting in his garage that I can can get for under $20K.

pssh dont expect that to happen bro...a chevelle ss 70 model with original matching numbers goes from anywhere between 80 and 300k

btw that chevelle right there dont have the 454 in it...its the 396 ss

TCracin440ex
08-30-2005, 12:03 PM
Yep, the GTO is a good car, just seems to rub alot of people the wrong way. It will be getting a complete redesign in the next year or so. Theres pics of the 06 Impala everywhere, it's the same car with a slightly different frontend...and guess what it's still FWD.:rolleyes:

the 06 impala SS has a 5.3 327 in it...its the exact same motor the monte carlo SS has...but is the monte carlo FWD or RWD

Chef
08-30-2005, 12:32 PM
I would bet everyone on this website that Dodge's new POS will look just like the rest of their cookie cutter junk. Even their cars have the same grill as their pickup's, and thats pretty damn sad.

The GTO is the biggest failure in history...its an overweight dodge neon with an overrated power plant.

6.0 is somewhere around 370 CI I think. 5.7 is 350. 5.4 is 330.

The new Mustang is on a cheap Lincoln platform? Really? How many have you driven, or even looked at in person? Yea, the motor sucks, and the HP numbers are either over rated, or mine is under-rated...I drive away from an 05 GT like its a GTO (
:eek: )

Impossible to be 85% Carbon Fiber? Ever heard of a Koenigsegg CCR?

They dont use pure carbon fiber-its a compound somewhat like HiPer makes their wheels from. Its a composite, with kevlar and other strong materials.

You idiots amaze me with ignorance.

Does this motor even ring a bell in your heads?

Plante400
08-30-2005, 12:45 PM
well i say... the new jeep comander ROCKS

G Impala 63n70
08-30-2005, 04:55 PM
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/12/web/804000-804999/804220_2_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/12/web/804000-804999/804220_1_full.jpg

U guys wait.......

TCracin440ex
08-30-2005, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by G Impala 63n70
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/12/web/804000-804999/804220_2_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/12/web/804000-804999/804220_1_full.jpg

U guys wait.......

dude i really dont believe it anymore...i dont believe chevy will bring back the camaro

MOFO
08-30-2005, 05:16 PM
the 06 impala SS has a 5.3 327 in it...its the exact same motor the monte carlo SS has...but is the monte carlo FWD or RWD

the Monte Carlo SS does not have the 5.3L. Right now the 5.3L is only a truck motor.

TCracin440ex
08-30-2005, 05:19 PM
excuse me the new 06 monte carlo!

http://dustins76montecarlo.250free.com/2006_monte_carlo.htm

G Impala 63n70
08-30-2005, 05:20 PM
dude i really dont believe it anymore...i dont believe chevy will bring back the camaro

oh chevys gonna shyne

Matt37
08-30-2005, 05:25 PM
pssh dont expect that to happen bro...a chevelle ss 70 model with original matching numbers goes from anywhere between 80 and 300k

btw that chevelle right there dont have the 454 in it...its the 396 ss

Na, your alittle off.

A numbers matching ss chevelle is expensive but not that expensive!!

They made thousands upon thousands of them it is not like they are a rare car.

The rarest Chevelle is the LS6 convertible and one just sold near me locally for 250k I have never seen a chevelle for 300k anywhere.

You can get a good driver ss for 40-45k.

MOFO
08-30-2005, 05:26 PM
excuse me the new 06 monte carlo!

http://dustins76montecarlo.250free.com/2006_monte_carlo.htm

excuse me, be more specific next time! The monte SS has been out for awhile now.

and you can be assured it will NOT be FWD with that much power. Probably the same crappy platform the GTO is built on.

TCracin440ex
08-30-2005, 05:33 PM
excuse me, be more specific next time! The monte SS has been out for awhile now.

and you can be assured it will NOT be FWD with that much power. Probably the same crappy platform the GTO is built on.

sorry didnt meant to sound crappy about it...the new monte carlo ss will be FWD u can read it on the link i posted...its built on the same platform the impala ss is built on...

matt yes these cars are that expensive trust me ive seen one going on ebay that was IMMAC for 185 and still had 3 or 4 days left

i dont know how much they sell for on barrat jacksons but they do go for a pretty penny

Matt37
08-30-2005, 05:44 PM

matt yes these cars are that expensive trust me ive seen one going on ebay that was IMMAC for 185 and still had 3 or 4 days left

i dont know how much they sell for on barrat jacksons but they do go for a pretty penny

Can you send me a link to this car??

There had to be something special about it.

Because I know for a fact regular SS Chevelles are not going for six figures. You probably saw an LS6 or something.

TCracin440ex
08-30-2005, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Matt37
Can you send me a link to this car??

There had to be something special about it.

Because I know for a fact regular SS Chevelles are not going for six figures. You probably saw an LS6 or something.

this auction was over a long time ago i think it had like 30 bids on it....wont nothin special about it...it was all original....it wont a resto...somebody had put it in a garage and left it for years and years and pulled it out and made some good $$$ off it

MOFO
08-30-2005, 05:48 PM
FWD with a 300+ hp V8? GM is just getting worse and worse....

talk about a horrible handling car... can anyone say excessive torque steer?

TCracin440ex
08-30-2005, 05:50 PM
FWD with a 300+ hp V8? GM is just getting worse and worse....

talk about a horrible handling car... can anyone say excessive torque steer?

yes i agree....only thing i found cool about the monte carlo ss and impala ss is that when your just cruising arround only 4 cylinders are actually firing....getting good gas mileage...but if you kick it the other 4 kick in....chevy calls it DOD (Displacement On Demand) technology

TCracin440ex
08-30-2005, 05:53 PM
http://www.chevrolet.com/pop/montecarlo/dod_en.jsp

MOFO
08-30-2005, 05:56 PM
yes i agree....only thing i found cool about the monte carlo ss and impala ss is that when your just cruising arround only 4 cylinders are actually firing....getting good gas mileage...but if you kick it the other 4 kick in....chevy calls it DOD (Displacement On Demand) technology

Yep, they tried in in the early 80's with Cadillac... it was a failure. Right now Dodge is doing it with their Hemi cars.

We'll see how well it works this time around...

Matt37
08-30-2005, 05:57 PM
Here is an LS6 for 50k.

And this is more rare than just a regular old SS

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevrolet-Chevelle-Super-Sport-1970-Chevrolet-Chevelle-SS-LS6-454-4-speed-build-sheet_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6164QQitemZ456952 6399QQrdZ1

TCracin440ex
08-30-2005, 06:04 PM
Yep, they tried in in the early 80's with Cadillac... it was a failure. Right now Dodge is doing it with their Hemi cars.

We'll see how well it works this time around...

it might work...might not....i thought i read a few years ago that cadillac was going to do this with a car....i forgot what it was called it had a v12

Guy400
08-30-2005, 08:05 PM

We'll see how well it works this time around... Ugh, the old Cadillac 4-6-8. Friggin' garbage.

I believe in the concept of DOD but I want seamless transitions between running on 4 cylinders and when I need all 8 to fire. In my opinion they need to further their research on variable valve timing, variable lift and variable compression ratio motors. Has anyone seen the Saab variable compression motor (owned by GM)? It's a 4-cylinder where the head rocks to increase or decrease compression to control power and economy.

MOFO
08-30-2005, 08:14 PM
Ugh, the old Cadillac 4-6-8. Friggin' garbage.

I believe in the concept of DOD but I want seamless transitions between running on 4 cylinders and when I need all 8 to fire. In my opinion they need to further their research on variable valve timing, variable lift and variable compression ratio motors. Has anyone seen the Saab variable compression motor (owned by GM)? It's a 4-cylinder where the head rocks to increase or decrease compression to control power and economy.

Yep, I read about that motor a few years ago.... very unique design!

With all of these more complex motor's, I do not see how people can drive them into the ground like they do the older standard, iron block, carb'd motors. With all of these electronics, it cant be cost effective to "run them into the ground".

knighttime
08-30-2005, 08:48 PM

I believe in the concept of DOD .... Has anyone seen the Saab variable compression motor (owned by GM)? It's a 4-cylinder where the head rocks to increase or decrease compression to control power and economy.

:confused: :confused:

:tired: :bandit:

Dale512
08-30-2005, 08:53 PM
Chef, yep the new Mustang GT isn't all that in the engine department, but it's a fact that it's based on a cheapened version of a Lincoln Platform. I've driven plenty of the new Mustang's and they don't impress me whatsoever. As for that motor in your pic, no clue....how about some info on it?

Got any pictures of that 'Berg Enforcer?

Chef
08-30-2005, 11:30 PM
Chef, yep the new Mustang GT isn't all that in the engine department, but it's a fact that it's based on a cheapened version of a Lincoln Platform. I've driven plenty of the new Mustang's and they don't impress me whatsoever. As for that motor in your pic, no clue....how about some info on it?

Got any pictures of that 'Berg Enforcer?

I want a drive in the non cheapened lincoln then...what car is it?

The Berg. or whats left of it: http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/chef/plastic+and+tank0001.jpg

The motor came out of a Koenigsegg CCR. 4.9 liter DOHC...a bored/stroked version of whats in my Mach 1 and Cobras. With the supercharger it is 830 hp, stuffed into a carbon fiber composite supercar, top speed is estimated to 242 mph.

Guy400
08-31-2005, 04:36 AM
I can play this game. Does anyone know what this is?

MOFO
08-31-2005, 04:48 AM
Well, its supercharged ... GM motor & a 4 cylinder. My guess would be the Cobalt SS/Saturn motor?

Dale512
08-31-2005, 11:20 AM
Yep thats the 2.0-Liter Supercharged Ecotec out of the Cobalt SS/Ion Redline.....they should have used the 2.2 Turbo Ecotec that their going to be using in the Sky Redline & Solctice GTP....which they have been using in some of their european cars for quite awhile now.

Chef, Whats the deal with the Husaberg are you gonna rebuild it or something and how did you manage to get your hands on one?

As for what lincoln platform it's loosly based on I want to say the LX, but I'm not positive....but its so different it can hardly be compared.

Also on the Carbon 4.9 you have a pic of it appears to be Turbocharged, not supercharged unless it's Twincharged and I'm just not seeing the Supercharger on there.

Also do you have any mods on your Mach 1? There low-mid 13-Second cars stock...I would hardly say they smoke a stock 05 GT which is a mid-high 13-second car stock...and I"ve seen my fair share of 05 GTO's with the LS2 run high 12s...mostly a drivers race though between the 04 Mach 1 & 05 GTO. I almost bought an 04 Mach 1 last fall BTW. Nice cars.

m_townsgreatest
08-31-2005, 11:57 AM
im with pvt. maggot IMHO the 69 chevelle is the best old time muscle car

Chef
08-31-2005, 01:32 PM
The plan was to rebuild it, but theres really no reason. Its a POS. Banshee frame basically with even worse worksmanship than Yamaha.

The 4.9 has a centrifugal supercharger hung off the front. A DTI Procharger I think. If not its a Vortech.

All my car has is an O/R X Pipe for performance. I haven't seen my sister since I've gotten that, so I dont know that it helped or hurt the difference in our cars. I've seen a pretty good amount of GTO's in the 13's and 14's, as have I seen Machs in the 14's and the 12's. I haven't seen any 05 GT's run a 13.9xx in person, but I have seen it on the internet. On a 3rd gear rolling start from about 65 on the freeway to 100, I will pull an 05 GT about 4 car lengths.

Dale512
08-31-2005, 02:12 PM
Your right about the 4.9 being Supercharged....thats what I get when I'm half asleep I guess, pretty sure thats the DTI Procharger actually. You probably have a higher elevation up there in Washington than we do here in PA, that may be why the differences in ET's we have seen, elevation kills N/A car times.

As for the Husaberg, so does it handle pretty crappy then? It's definately different.

Any pics of your Mach 1?

Guy400
08-31-2005, 03:27 PM
Well, its supercharged ... GM motor & a 4 cylinder. My guess would be the Cobalt SS/Saturn motor? Yep, that's the 2.0L Ecotec that GM's playing with in their Powertrain Research department. They were able to get 1100hp out of it retaining the 2.0L displacement without any problems on the stock block. At 1300hp the block split horizontally. They took a new block, drilled holes through the block and, for lack of a better word, used "all-thread" straight through the head and all the way through the block. They put nuts on both ends and have pushed beyond 1300hp without a block failure.

Guy400
08-31-2005, 03:31 PM
Anybody else get the new Car and Driver today with the new ZO6 in it? As fast or faster than the Ford GT 0-60, better skidpad numbers, quicker in the 1/4, considerably better braking, better fuel economy and less than 1/2 the price. Why should somebody buy the new GT?

MOFO
08-31-2005, 03:33 PM
Anybody else get the new Car and Driver today with the new ZO6 in it? As fast or faster than the Ford GT 0-60, better skidpad numbers, quicker in the 1/4, considerably better braking, better fuel economy and less than 1/2 the price. Why should somebody buy the new GT?

LOL, nope...have not read it yet. No surprise though, the 'vette is the best bang for the buck - especially the new Z06.

If I had 50 grand to buy another car, the Z06 would be right on top of my list.

wilkin250r
08-31-2005, 03:35 PM
I heard the performance of the new Z06 was going to remain largely the same, but they were going to add all the creature-comforts that haven't been available. The kind of stuff you find in luxury cars, like heated seats and such...

Dale512
08-31-2005, 04:01 PM
Actually the high HP Ecotec GM is playing with for racing was the 2.2 not the 2.0.

The Ford GT was rushed and has alot of problems that should not crop up in a car in it's price range.

Wilkin 250r the Z06 is going to perform much better than the standard C6 for instance the Z06 has a 7.0-Liter V8 with 505HP/475ft-lb Torque whereas the standard C6 has a 6.0 V8 with 400HP/400ft-lb Torque on top of the improved chassis and all, it's gonna be alot better than the standard C6.

MOFO,Z06 is gonna be closer to $75,000 not $50,000, but still the Ford GT goes for what $150,000? So it's still a bargain.

MOFO
08-31-2005, 04:08 PM

MOFO,Z06 is gonna be closer to $75,000 not $50,000, but still the Ford GT goes for what $150,000? So it's still a bargain.

Really? I knew my number was a tad low, closer to the C6 sticker, but I did not know the Z06 would be $75,000... I agree, still a "bargain" but its stepping into another catagory with that price tag - but then again, so is the performance.

Guy400
08-31-2005, 04:45 PM
$65,800

Dale512
08-31-2005, 04:51 PM
Starting at $65,800...with all the options closer to $75,000 and if your spending that much your gonna get all the options.

MOFO
08-31-2005, 04:51 PM
$65,800

ok, I can see that. 75k is a tad steep IMO.

MOFO
08-31-2005, 04:52 PM
Starting at $65,800...with all the options closer to $75,000 and if your spending that much your gonna get all the options.

what are the options? another 10k of options on top of the Z06 package? What is left? Little interior things?

Guy400
08-31-2005, 06:56 PM
Starts at $65,800. With the heated seats, power telescoping wheel, 6 disc changer, satellite radio and polished wheels it went to $69,995.

Me personally, I'll take the $1300 polished wheel option and that's it. I'm not in a ZO6 to enjoy the heated seats and listen to the CD player.

TCracin440ex
08-31-2005, 07:03 PM
Starts at $65,800. With the heated seats, power telescoping wheel, 6 disc changer, satellite radio and polished wheels it went to $69,995.

Me personally, I'll take the $1300 polished wheel option and that's it. I'm not in a ZO6 to enjoy the heated seats and listen to the CD player.

thats funny...

trx440
09-01-2005, 10:31 AM
You'll NEVER see a Z06 sell for under $80k new. NEVER.
There will be a "Market Adjustment" slapped on every one 'em.

My dealer's have pre-sold all for over $100k.

Chevy underpriced the ZO6. But have no fear, the dealer will fix that.

The price of the ZO6 will remain high in the used market until the "Blue Devil" is released. I bet it is the first Vette to use the SS moniker. Of course, I am not a janitor at the Skunkworks, so I don't have any positive proof.

I know that GM has begun a branding campaign to turn the SS badges into the American AMG or M spec'd vehicles.

Motor Trend July 05, Had a story about the SS line-up and a PUL [Placed Unofficial Leak] on the SS Vette. From what I heard last week at the GM meeting, it [the 08 SS Vette] will be the pace car at Indy '07.

Chef
09-01-2005, 11:46 AM
Your right about the 4.9 being Supercharged....thats what I get when I'm half asleep I guess, pretty sure thats the DTI Procharger actually. You probably have a higher elevation up there in Washington than we do here in PA, that may be why the differences in ET's we have seen, elevation kills N/A car times.

As for the Husaberg, so does it handle pretty crappy then? It's definately different.

Any pics of your Mach 1?

Yea, the Husaberg is pretty much a turd, just rare so its neat.

Dale512
09-01-2005, 12:11 PM
Car looks good Chef. Not a fan of the wheels, woulda went with something Black with a Machined Lip personally, but hey it's your car. Still Looks good tho.

TCracin440ex
09-01-2005, 05:11 PM
Car looks good Chef. Not a fan of the wheels, woulda went with something Black with a Machined Lip personally, but hey it's your car. Still Looks good tho.

actually i like the wheels....i think a set of Cobra R's would have looked better tho

Chef
09-02-2005, 12:14 PM
actually i like the wheels....i think a set of Cobra R's would have looked better tho

Yea like every other Mustang on the planet? Not...So far I'm the only car I've seen with the 44 mags...just the way I like it.

FourFiftyFour
09-02-2005, 12:27 PM
You guys are funny thinking that the orange "camaro" is real...thats just some photoshopping some kid did. I have had those pictures for a long time on my computer and I researched on them to find out it's not even a "real prototype". I think it looks awesome, but it was just a truly creative kid having a lot of fun with photoshop. Not a real deal.

TCracin440ex
09-02-2005, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Chef
Yea like every other Mustang on the planet? Not...So far I'm the only car I've seen with the 44 mags...just the way I like it.

what are they 18s on front 20s on back?

wilkin250r
09-02-2005, 02:13 PM
Wilkin 250r the Z06 is going to perform much better than the standard C6 for instance the Z06 has a 7.0-Liter V8 with 505HP/475ft-lb Torque whereas the standard C6 has a 6.0 V8 with 400HP/400ft-lb Torque on top of the improved chassis and all, it's gonna be alot better than the standard C6.

Well, yeah, but the Z06 has ALWAYS been more high-performance than the standard C6.

I'm not a car or Corvette expert, by any means. Based on what I heard (and I may not remember correctly), the Z06 is Corvette's top-end model. High performance, sure, like any other top-end model. But unlike any other top-end model, it didn't come with very many luxuries or options.

As I understood, the 2006 Z06 was supposed to change that. All the same high-performance you would expect from a Z06, but with all the amenities that were not available in previous years.