PDA

View Full Version : 400ex sub frame

QuadJunkies
08-28-2005, 03:38 PM
I am in need of a 400ex subframe, whats a good price for one ? In the mean time, Ill go and check out the for sale section, but I need one ASAP but wasnt sure what the Ave price was for one .. thanks! :) thats OR........... do the 250r Grab bar conversion... Not sure how hard that is to do .... :confused:

INFANTRY RACING
08-29-2005, 10:58 AM
they used to be like 75 from service honda i believe but i could be wrong.

QuadJunkies
08-29-2005, 10:59 AM
tnanks for thereply, I actually found a local who will sell the Subframe for a good price ;)

tiny_J
09-04-2005, 03:23 PM
well i dont have a subframe but my bro just crashed and i was wantin to rebuild it, just wondering if anyone knows were i can get the whole frame for a 2001 400ex. if u can help i would be greatful. thx

TheFontMaster
09-04-2005, 09:14 PM
I haven't done the 250r grab bar mod, but I think it is something that you should do. I really don't see why honda would make the grab bar part of the sub frame, you get in a crash and bend the grab bar and your only options are a whole new sub frame, or fix the stock one and have it be not as strong. And if you do get the mounts for a 250r grab bar, it's always nice to have the option to run different style grab bars.

QuadJunkies
09-04-2005, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
I haven't done the 250r grab bar mod, but I think it is something that you should do. I really don't see why honda would make the grab bar part of the sub frame, you get in a crash and bend the grab bar and your only options are a whole new sub frame, or fix the stock one and have it be not as strong. And if you do get the mounts for a 250r grab bar, it's always nice to have the option to run different style grab bars. I got lucky, I found one locally from a freind who sold it to me for pretty cheap, I never understood why they done that either :ermm:

prepracing
09-05-2005, 04:03 AM
since u did get a new subframe, go ahead and experiment with your old one on the grab bar conversion. You might come up with something you like and if you mess it up..... so what you already have a replacement :D

QuadJunkies
09-05-2005, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by prepracing
since u did get a new subframe, go ahead and experiment with your old one on the grab bar conversion. You might come up with something you like and if you mess it up..... so what you already have a replacement :D not a bad idea ;) my new Sub I think has the grab bar Mod on it too .