PDA

View Full Version : 300 ex jetting prob.

signguy
08-28-2005, 02:51 PM
2004 300 ex k&n air filter outerwears pre filter, I have my air box lid removed with the stock exhaust. When i rejetted I used a dynojet kit stage 2 put the dyno jet needle in and the clip on grove #4 for below 5000 feet (in mich) and used the jet marked DJ124 and unscrewed the air screw 3 turns . I cant really notice and difference in the peformance..I did not change the pilot jet. any help would be great.

rooster300ex
08-28-2005, 04:28 PM
You won't feel much of a power gain with a stock pipe.

bwamos
08-29-2005, 11:01 AM
Aye.. the stock pipe header is a HUGE restriction point.

You're performance gain will be negligible until you replace that header, and silencer.

Note: you wont ever really need to replace the pilot on a 300ex. At a 330 kit it's borderline you loose a little throttle response so 1 size bigger is useful at that point.. but any other time it's really not needed.

signguy
08-29-2005, 03:29 PM
thanks bwamos alaways quick to help what pipe do you recomend.

rooster300ex
08-29-2005, 05:19 PM
Cutrtis Sparks Racing makes the best 300ex exhaust.

bwamos
08-30-2005, 09:46 AM
Agree.

Curtis Sparks X-4 if you plan on doing engine mods later. (very loud)
HMF w/ WightBros Header is also good.
WB E-Series is a good pipe as well. (quieter of the 3 w/ quiet core)

Any of those 3 will work good for you.

I haven't ridden the following but the ProCircuit T-4 should be a good option as well.

IMHO the Sparks X-4 is my personal favorite. However it does have one "fatal flaw" the turndown at the end of the pipe sticks just past the stock grab bar. So you'll want a grab bar that's an inch or 2 longer, or you want to avoid wheelies ;) (I cut the can on mine down by 2 inches, so i could use a XC style grab bar.)

If you get the style with the diverter plates, there is no clearance issue.

White Bros e-series and HMF pipes have clearance as well.