PDA

View Full Version : drag races

hondaman4life
08-28-2005, 02:00 PM
i was wondering what would win in a drag race between the 450's yamaha and honda and a raptor. the 450s some of them are 480s and if the raptor was stock or had a big bore kit i was wondering what would win. right now i have a 400ex and if i got raptor would i be able to notice a big defference in power. i am a top speed guy so i like things that just fly. just wondering what i should get. thanx

04raptor
08-28-2005, 07:58 PM
both the raptor and 450 are pretty quick

raptor_02
08-28-2005, 09:59 PM
i took a bone stock yfz450 with the airbox lid off today and raced a 700 raptor and smoked it. I pulled it by about a quad lenght. But if we would have kept going the raptor would have come back on me.

sikraptor700
08-28-2005, 10:33 PM
If you beat them it must of been against a bad rider i will race my stock 700 against any stock yfz and have no prob winning

tater_kamik
08-29-2005, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by sikraptor700
If you beat them it must of been against a bad rider i will race my stock 700 against any stock yfz and have no prob winning

pay attention to his sign, he has a built yfz

Blue250X
08-30-2005, 05:02 PM
notice he said BONE STOCK

tater_kamik
08-31-2005, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by sikraptor700
If you beat them it must of been against a bad rider

this is what he said at first

660WickedRappy
08-31-2005, 07:44 AM
idk why ppl keep putting up these "who would win in a drag race" threads. plain and simple the raptor is not a racer. use the raptor what it is supposed to be used for...woods,trails,torqie hill climbs, and where ever you need brute torque/power. it isnt too hard to figure out that the 660 and maybe even the new 700 will loose in a "race" because racing is not what they were made for. a 90% stock yfz with only a pipe/filter/spot-on jetting-will beat anything out there/made. stop arguing, i dont like it either but thats how it is. if you want a "racer" buy the yfz, if you want something to have fun on and that has almost too much torque to use, buy a raptor. plain simple and easy:grr:

2nd sucks
08-31-2005, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by 660WickedRappy
idk why ppl keep putting up these "who would win in a drag race" threads. plain and simple the raptor is not a racer. use the raptor what it is supposed to be used for...woods,trails,torqie hill climbs, and where ever you need brute torque/power. it isnt too hard to figure out that the 660 and maybe even the new 700 will loose in a "race" because racing is not what they were made for. a 90% stock yfz with only a pipe/filter/spot-on jetting-will beat anything out there/made. stop arguing, i dont like it either but thats how it is. if you want a "racer" buy the yfz, if you want something to have fun on and that has almost too much torque to use, buy a raptor. plain simple and easy:grr:

couldnt have said it better myself....amen brotha

raptor_02
09-01-2005, 07:35 PM
i wasn't on my yfz, i was on my buddies and it is bone stock. The raptor is faster in top speed but the YFZ pulled it until the YFZ was tapped out. You pipe and jet the yfz and gear it up a tooth on the front and it will rape a 700 raptor. But the new raptors are bad ***. They handle excelent and run good too, good job yamaha

tater_kamik
09-02-2005, 03:49 AM

so someone is curious about who would win, yeah, i agree with you but that doesnt mean you should chastize anyone for it. and as for its not for racing... are you aware that the current world record for atv top speed is held by a raptor? or that the raptor has quite an history (though short) in racing, specifically gncc? and as for adding an exhaust, etc and comparing it to other stock quads, and vice versa, thats not really an fair comparison. the yfz will beat it off the line, after all it has great gearing! but the raptor has more top speed. a lot of it has to do with the rider, because as far as i am concerned, if someone had the baddest quad ever, but was a horrible rider, that person is going to lose (i would hope) not trying to start something, but you may want to read the post in the open forum by the mods about not flaming others, just a thought bro!!

MadDog56
09-06-2005, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by tater_kamik
and as for its not for racing... are you aware that the current world record for atv top speed is held by a raptor? ...

Only because up until him no one else with a well built atv cared to make it official.

Raptor660
11-13-2005, 09:09 AM
most of you guys dont know much about quads if you think the 450's will beat the raptor 700 in a drag.... Go try it then

SandRaptorRandy
11-13-2005, 10:05 AM
I have to put my 2 cents in here. I have a 700R it's slightly modded but not much. Just a PCIII controller a GYT-R High Flow filter with the air box lid removed and a Phoenix systems sparky in it till I decide on a full system. I'm an old guy and I weigh 200 LBS give or take. I live to ride the Dunes and have had some Damn nice 3 wheelers and Quads over the years. I don't care much for trails and mud riding, I have a ute for that so my 700R's only purpose is to be a duner and I must say I'm real happy with it so far, it's exceeded my expectations unlike the 660R I unloaded to get the 700R. I had the oportunity to race some modded YFZ's and 450R's and Mild Banshee's and One Craycraft 686 Raptor. I was real suprised and so were they. I won a lot more than I lost. I got beat 2 out of three by the craycraft. He would get me off the line but on the third race I left with him and ran right with him up comp hill at Florence. I had Sandstars on, the rest had light weight haulers.
I tell you what, when I can get a cam a higher comp piston and some port work done like the majority of these other had the 700R will start to make a name for itself. Right now it's seems there highly under estimated. I don't think I got one of those rare freaks that runs better than it should and I figure if I can make mine run hard then the next guy should be able to figure it out as well. Before I put the high flow filter on and was just running a down loaded map of the PCIII site I would trade wins with the other bikes but once I opened her up on the intake side and started playing with the fuel map she started going pretty good which leads me to believe she will be pretty receptive to a full exhaust and in the future a cam, piston,porting combination. Then she'll flat haul the mail. ;)

04EXdude
11-13-2005, 11:07 AM
No doubt!............I just ordered my mods and they should be here in a week. I'm ready for some speed..............:cool:

dsandraptor
11-24-2005, 01:48 AM
idk why ppl keep putting up these "who would win in a drag race" threads. plain and simple the raptor is not a racer. use the raptor what it is supposed to be used for...woods,trails,torqie hill climbs, and where ever you need brute torque/power. it isnt too hard to figure out that the 660 and maybe even the new 700 will loose in a "race" because racing is not what they were made for. a 90% stock yfz with only a pipe/filter/spot-on jetting-will beat anything out there/made. stop arguing, i dont like it either but thats how it is. if you want a "racer" buy the yfz, if you want something to have fun on and that has almost too much torque to use, buy a raptor. plain simple and easy:grr: well he said drag race and as of now the raptor is king of the hill, ever heard of four stroke wars in glamis? all the big dogs come out and the 450 dont have a chance to win! only thing close now is the ds. and raptor is the banshee of 4strokes!!!

IWIN450R
12-31-2005, 01:01 PM
I just bought a new stock 06 yfz and my friend bought the new 700 Raptor and we races and he won me. I think that a stock 700 Raptor is faster.

250r4life
01-03-2006, 12:47 AM
"he won me" ??? can any consideration be given to this post?

killen them all
01-20-2006, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by dsandraptor
well he said drag race and as of now the raptor is king of the hill, ever heard of four stroke wars in glamis? all the big dogs come out and the 450 dont have a chance to win! only thing close now is the ds. and raptor is the banshee of 4strokes!!! well said ill drag race any 450 when my raptor 690 is done it will have around 70 hp and 82 with nitrous i would like to thank kirby at s&s racing for building my motor here is a pic of how it look lol this was be4 the rip down and all that stuff