PDA

View Full Version : resistor kit question

bad01300ex
08-28-2005, 11:35 AM
if i am sitting on my quad, what side of the radiator does the new plug thing go in????

yfzrider93
08-28-2005, 09:17 PM
It goes on the right side

bad01300ex
08-28-2005, 09:23 PM
Thanks.

Man all this electrical crap im tempted to gut it and get the kickstart kit!

yfzrider93
08-29-2005, 09:56 AM
Yeah, I went to a kick start on my last yfz after having all sorts of battery problems. I put the resistor on my current yfz right after I got it and no problems yet.

SRH
08-29-2005, 04:28 PM
do we need a light switch for the resistor kit to work or can i junk the whole thing and get a kill switch and use it for my starter button reason im asking is i smashed mine this weekend and dont wanan buy a new , but i heard the light switch must be run on hi or lo for the battery to charge...true or not?

daddio
08-29-2005, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by SRH
do we need a light switch for the resistor kit to work or can i junk the whole thing and get a kill switch and use it for my starter button reason im asking is i smashed mine this weekend and dont wanan buy a new , but i heard the light switch must be run on hi or lo for the battery to charge...true or not?

a starter switch from a wr450 is a much better replacement (and they are the same $$). The "stop" switches will corrode and not work very well after a few trips through the car wash. I've tried everything. :cool:

bad01300ex
08-29-2005, 09:28 PM
yea thats another thing, now that i got the headlights off, i wanna get rid of that switch, kandk atv has got a "yz style start button" is that just the electirc start without the light part or what?

daddio
08-30-2005, 07:02 AM
I'm not sure what K&K is selling as a "yz style" but the WR starter switch is just 1 button, and it's about the size of the after market, "dirt bike" kill switches, but it is sealed and the contacts inside the switch are much stronger. Yamaha part # 5TJ-83976-11-00.

Tator salad
08-30-2005, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by daddio
a starter switch from a wr450 is a much better replacement (and they are the same $$). The "stop" switches will corrode and not work very well after a few trips through the car wash. I've tried everything. :cool:

Actually try to go with a sealed Cannondale starter switch. about the same size and is completely sealed (unlike any of the bike start or kill switches) will never corrode and will work under water.

daddio
08-30-2005, 04:06 PM
where can you get a cannondale starter switch? I don't want to jump a cannondale rider, and steal his switch.