PDA

View Full Version : back from rausch creek!

450robot
08-27-2005, 11:55 PM
hey all, just got back from my first time at rausch creek, well, my first time on an mx track too! i had an awsome day, but it wasnt all good, there was alot of bad too hahaha

the good: the first 5-6 laps, i made it around the track with ease (the intermediate) i was having so much fun, it didnt even really take caution to how this was my first time... i had so much adrenelin (sorry for the spelling) pumping, i just floored it all the way around the track, i cleared just about everything it threw at me. and the first time i hit the big camel hump step up, i was so freaking scared, i was like 800 feet in the air! i could have literally ate lunch up there, and then landed... to put it in a short story, i was having fun, and i was kicking ***

now... the bad: well, it turned out, i was kicking to much ***, and i got way ahead of myself, i hit the double double jump, and on the last part of it, landed sitting down, and cracked my nuts off my seat... OUCH!!!! i pulled off the track and took a break... later i got back on and was doing great for 1-2 laps, until i went to hit the big camel hump step up jump

well, after that, i dont remember, because i was going way past my skill level and crashed

i woke up on the bac of a utility quad, with no idea what happened, the guy ask me if i was still ok, and i said "yah, did i crash or something?" but i couldnt really speak, i was still kinda out cold, he said "hell, crashed? you just got annhialated!"

i didnt feel any pain at all, but my head was hurting, so i said what happened, and he told me apperantly i had went off the jump and hit nuetral in the air, and the quad nose dived, then when i hit the landing, it bucked me off and the ran over me... they said i blacked out for about half a minute

i was like "holly shnit" i dont even remember the jump i hit

then followed by some more questions i cant remember,

my parents loaded me into the car and took me to the er, and they did all that cat scan, xrays, blah blah blah, by this time, i was feeling fine and ready to ride again... later the doctor came in and told me that i had blaced out but i didnt hit my head or anything, becuase there was no sign of bruising, enlargement, or anything wrong with my noggin, he said to wait a few hours before i rode again, and if i got a headache while riding to stop

so we went to eat, and then went back to the park, i was just gonna take some pictures, and relax... but my camera was out of batteries,

so i decided i would take it easy around the track, i still was having just as much fun rolling over th jumps, than clearing them hahaha, the rest of the day i was fine,

but next time i think i will take it a lil easier until i get used to te track (duh)

well, hoped you enjoyed my story

and my lesson to you, the reader is...

as soon as you think your some hot **** out on the track, that when you crash, so just take it easy and have fun, its much better cruising, than going to er

and heres the only pic i got from the night (thats not a beard, just all the dirt on my face from racing) sorry for the blurry pic, i got dust on the lense

Mxjunkie
08-28-2005, 07:44 AM
ow dude it sounds like u did almost what ryan did at lorrettas! I hit that jump one time waaay to fast and almost ate it bad too!

2nd sucks
08-28-2005, 08:08 AM
that jumps i killer...personally i dont really like it, but that doesnt stop me from pinning the R before the take off :macho

450robot
08-28-2005, 02:48 PM
yah, it wouldnt be nearly as bad if they didnt have that hump at the end, the should just fill that gap

HondaEXrider22
08-28-2005, 03:11 PM
how was the quad?

08-28-2005, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by 450robot
yah, it wouldnt be nearly as bad if they didnt have that hump at the end, the should just fill that gap I hate to sound like a jerk,but thats a small,low speed jump.

FasstMidnightZ
08-28-2005, 03:25 PM
Man that sucks bro, Good thing nothing too bad happend. Wish you woulda got more pics but, Sounded like a blast besides the crash.

450robot
08-28-2005, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by HondaEXrider22
how was the quad?

haha, the quad was fine, it landed on all fours