PDA

View Full Version : Burgard +2 a arms Ball joints

1 BAD 450r
08-27-2005, 01:42 PM
Why does Burgard use 14mm ball joints and not 16mm like laeger or jb I want to buy a set, but the smaller ball joints scare me.I have laeger on my 416ex and love them.Just looking at the 14mm they seem like they would just snap off.

Pappy
08-27-2005, 02:08 PM
have you thought about getting his new arm? it uses a 16mm top ball joint and the popular style lower.

i asked him why he made the change, and he said he wanted to offer a set up in-between his standard arm and his premium so that anyone who races could still have a choice with price.

i never have had an issue with the 14mm ball joint, but it seems others have(various reasons i geuss) i too like the leager style joint myself, even over the premium style joints most manufacture use.

Out_Sider
08-27-2005, 03:32 PM
Hey pappy, does Burgard offer a Long Travel a arm with those ball joints? If they do i'd definatly be interested!

Pappy
08-27-2005, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Out_Sider
Hey pappy, does Burgard offer a Long Travel a arm with those ball joints? If they do i'd definatly be interested!

no, but my brother and i were discussing what LT arms we will be switching too this fall. i think i will have burgard build us a set and see how well they work. IMO that would be the ticket especially if cost was held to $600 or under.

Out_Sider
08-27-2005, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
no, but my brother and i were discussing what LT arms we will be switching too this fall. i think i will have burgard build us a set and see how well they work. IMO that would be the ticket especially if cost was held to $600 or under.

my thoughts exactly! :macho

and if you wouldn't mind i'd buy those arms and test them for you, as i will be racing nationals and AMA events next season

Pappy
08-27-2005, 07:09 PM
I will get started on him getting these designed and hopefully he can have a prototype set for me in a few weeks. I know he is pretty busy, but I think I can pull a favor out of him:p (he doesnt need sleep or a vacation...lol)

Out_Sider
08-27-2005, 07:21 PM
hah, nope he sure don't! tell him he has one customer VERY interested in that design, that would pay for a prototype

1 BAD 450r
08-27-2005, 08:56 PM
Pappy,how much are the new a arms with the leager ball joints in them .Iam looking for +2 +0 or do they only make +2 +1

Pappy
08-28-2005, 06:53 AM
i havent seen the press release yet, but i think $575 for any width. im pretty sure he will make +1 forward available since its becoming a good set up with an extended swingarm.