sway bar
flatrack tires
k & n
mikuni carb
pipe
silencer
3 inch shorter swinger
and other stuff

the thing is, he used to race flatrack, he let it sit for 2 years, then got it out, cleaned the carb, put new racing fuel in it, and raced it and did great, then he said it was to fast for him he put it away, well now it has been sitting for 2 more years and i want it now

so, since it was sitting do you think it will be alright, or will i rip on it and i'll blow the bottom end out or something?

do you think the engine will be fine?

bottom and top end and tranny?

would you buy it or pass it up?

i know this thing is straight up FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAST, i just don't wanna be goin 70 and blow out the bottom end or anything, cuz sittin hurts em

please for a quick reply

Pappy
08-27-2005, 12:39 PM
You run a risk when buying anything, id suggest having him get the quad running and then you can better check out how it runs and what not.

Scott-300ex
08-27-2005, 12:42 PM
yeah, i wanted to go over there today and clean the carb and put gas in it but he don't want other people messin with it yet i heard

here's a picture of it

Scott-300ex
08-27-2005, 12:42 PM
oh and thank you for the quick reply pappy:D

XCredrider
08-27-2005, 10:35 PM
for that price you could get it and take the topend off and see how it looks. It still is a nice cond. R from what i can tell and pretty cheap. If you check and its good all you have to buy is gaskets. Other wise you will just have to put in a new crank which is about $300. So its still a good deal. JMO

Iliketogofast
08-28-2005, 09:22 AM
Yeah, I'd say go for it. You're getting a nice looking bike for a good price, and if it doesn't run like you hoped you have the money to spare coz you got it cheap. As long as you have the extra money to fix a few things go for it...

Scott-300ex
08-28-2005, 10:26 AM
thanks for the comments guys

i love it, i think it looks awsome and my buddy said nobody will out pull me, so it runs great apparently

i sat on it, and the seat and bars are so comfortable, i almost fell asleep

what i know it needs now is

-clean carb
-new gas
-front brakes are locked up so i need to rebuild or buy new ones
-one a-arm needs new bushings, im ganna put all new ones in
-has a 3 inch shorter swinger, would like to have stock, he has one but needs new bearings i heard

that stuff won't cost to much though

if the bottom end goes out, what is that, just like, crank or rod lockin up? then you could just get new bearings and it would all be fine?

i just got off the phone with him and i wanna work on it and get it runnin before i buy it, he said he wants to give me the title and get the money like now, and he sais he knows it will run, i think it will too, just need gas air and spark, so, we'll see whats up, he said he'll keep in touch and we'll go from there

EDIT: Sorry these are so darn long

Scott-300ex
08-28-2005, 12:28 PM
alright, i just called more and sounds like, im ganna call him when im ready and buy it then get it runnin and work on it after its mine

sound good?

nacs400ex
08-28-2005, 05:46 PM
Go for it, sounds like its pretty easy to get it up and going, especially at that price.

Scott-300ex
08-29-2005, 09:38 PM
alright, i'm gettin it next week

is there anything else i should look for since its been sitting

anything maitnence (omg i cannot spell) wise?

thanks

Xowner
08-30-2005, 10:32 AM
are you gonna race flat track with it? if not you can sell me the shorter swinger the front sway bar and maybe the shocks if their set up for flat track

just check sprockets chain brakes change the oil clean out gas system might check the reeds make sure the exhaust has no animals living in it then crank her up

zedicus00
08-30-2005, 11:55 AM
check rearend bearings front bushings and fuel lines. other then that it looks like a good deal. and yeah unless yur gunna use it for flat track only yur gunna wanna swap some stuff of of it.

Scott-300ex
08-31-2005, 10:03 PM
im proly ganna race later, like next year flatrack

but i'm ganna sell the swinger, i want a stock one
i proly want the sway bar

i got

tires
rims
bars
nerfs
swinger

for sale

250rmike
09-01-2005, 03:58 PM
ask him if he was gonna sell it a while ago or when he bought it. looks like a bike i was gonna buy some years back. but thats when the r was big so may not be. i beleive the bike was in il.

Scott-300ex
09-01-2005, 04:08 PM
hey mike, like the older days, lol

i know the guy, he wanted to get rid of it a while ago, and wanted to sell it to his friend/the guy helpin me get it and stuff, cuz i used to watch him and the guy im buyin the R from race

so there is a chance, but i don't think he ever had it in the paper or anything

His name is Chris if that helps you out

Can't wait till i get it next week, then go ridin at flat river and down by the mississippi river:D

XCredrider
09-01-2005, 04:16 PM
my uncle goes riding at flat river everytime he comesto indiana. He always makes a trip over there to check it out. he's been riding there since he was a kid.

250rmike
09-01-2005, 05:18 PM
yea the old days lol. how ya been man. have fun with the r. make sure you go over everything and make sure you check and lock tight all the nuts and bolts these things have a tendency to rattle everything loose. when i took mine to hatfield i even had a wheel vibrate loose. that was a big suprise riding down the trail then seeing your tires go rolling past you.

Scott-300ex
09-01-2005, 08:30 PM
i've been good man

and what a surprise i bet that was for you!
that sucks, i didn't know about that, thanks

ya ganna get back into quadin mike?

XCredrider and yeah, flat river is a good place to ride, you should come down and i'll meet you there

250rmike
09-01-2005, 09:19 PM
yea just gotta find the right bike.

Scott-300ex
10-15-2005, 01:57 PM
alright, all i gotta do is call him tomorrow and get it

now he says

3000 for everything

quad
extras on it
extras hes got, sway bars, handlebars, nerfs, tires, wheels, and other stuff, all stuff i can sell

sound good?

remember it needs maitnence before i can ride it

clean carb
gas
bushings
rebuild or buy new brakes
other tune up stuff

should i do a top end rebuild right away or can i wait for a while?

but thats my situation...........

ESR250R
10-15-2005, 03:51 PM
i personally wouldnt buy anything that wasnt running and i couldnt ride it before i bought it. i would ask him to get it running so you can ride it first but i does look like a decent deal.