PDA

View Full Version : 79 montecarlo, 383 ci stroker, ford 9 inch, very fast

Raptor runner
08-27-2005, 10:46 AM
Hey guys I have a 1979 montecarlo for sale, here is the break down on what it has.

383 ci stroker motor... over 420 hp and ungodly amounts of torque.
350 four bolt main bored .30 over, decked .10, line bored, maged
Trw 10.5 to 1 pistons
400 small block crank
word products 64cc angle plugs dart 2 heads 202-194
roller tip rockers
Edelbrock performer RPM camsaft
Edelbrock performer RPM manifold
Edelbrock perfomer 750 carb
Hooker super comp headers
new 350 turbo trany profesionaly done with B&M shift kit, 2500 rpm stahl, semi-metalic plates, and two other torque converts go with it.
ford nine inch rear end with 373 posi and two extra sets of gears 410's and 347's.
south side machine bars for the lower control arms, to help with traction.

This car is wicked quick!! Its a blast to drive... this car has beaten many big block cars, never lost to a ricer, and beaten tons of newer vettes, and last model year cameros... actually it only lost 2 street races.. one to a 66 malibu with a 402 and NOS, and one to a early 2000's vette with with a 300 hp shot of NOS, and he only got me on the top end.
Long story made short on this car is it has been sitting in my driveway colecting dust for 2 or three years now. So I finally got around to putting the new tranny in it, finished up the tranny job and it fired right up like it always did. This car has a wild sound to it at idle, on cruise nights when I pull in everyone looks to see what it is. I always get questioned about the cam, because it sounds so radical. The body on the car is extreemly solid, only rust it has is two small holes one on each quarter panell. The floor boards, frame, and trunk are rust free. The car will need paint, or maybe a wash and wax will make it look better. Sitting out in the drivway for 3 years kinda took a toll on the paint job. The interior is in need of a few things, head liner, the plasic around the rear windows, typical 3rd gen monte stuff.... I have well over 10 or 12 grand in this car, and have a folder about an inch think with all the reciepts, and time slips from the couple times I ran it at the track. being that the car has seen better days cosmeticaly I am asking 5500.00 for the car, and believe me thats a screamin deal!! Im confident that you couldnt build a car this quick for the price im asking... here is a link to a couple pictures.... I can send more pictures upon request if your serious.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/drpeperoni/album?.dir=378b&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

Car is located 10 min outside Rochester, NY... seruios inqueries only. I may be open to trades, or might consider selling the drive train and rolling chassies seprate...

Raptor runner
08-28-2005, 10:06 AM
bump

HondaMan222
08-28-2005, 03:28 PM
how much would you want to sell the motor for...turn key?

Raptor runner
08-28-2005, 06:51 PM
The motor is where a lot of the money is tied up... I would need $3000 for it... and that is cheap.

Raptor runner
08-29-2005, 05:40 AM
I cant believe nobody is interested in buying this car... It is definetly wicked fast.

Raptor runner
08-30-2005, 01:00 PM
bump

Raptor runner
09-02-2005, 06:42 PM
Price lowered open to offers, or trades.